What's new

US to deploy tanks in Afghan war

The number of people who want to see the U.S. and NATO effort in Afghanistan fail never ceases to amaze me. :hitwall:

F*** the U.S. effort? Kill the tanks?

If that is the case, I hope these bearded lunatics over-run the entire M.E. The U.S. should leave, and the last act should be dropping millions of leaflets that say "If violence is exported to our shores or assets, or those of our true allies, expect an immense nuclear response. You have stolen our financial aid and spit upon those trying to teach the basics of civilization, like farming and sanitation. Opium is your most valuable crop. You call our women whores and sluts because they aren't dressed like a walking bee-hive. Best of luck living in the 9th century." :sick:

Factually full of mistakes. Will respond when and if I get free time.

Whats with this talk of IED's and blasting tanks about?/

Danish and Canadian tanks have been operating in Afghanistan for more than a year or maybe since more than 4 years.. no reports of any IED blasts has been reported yet on any of them?/

Why the talk only when American tanks come?? :what:

Honestly, whats the use of tank now?
They are planning a withdraw, how deploying tanks gona help them?
Is it a face saving tactic?

Danish and Canadian tanks have been operating in Afghanistan for more than a year or maybe since more than 4 years.. no reports of any IED blasts has been reported yet on any of them?/

maybe it will have to do with the word American :undecided:

Why the talk only when American tanks come?? :what:

lol they are standing inside base there is no such movement of tanks in afghanistan lol just show piece! we will see when these US tanks use under military movements and operations thn u will know the real results of IED's.

"If violence is exported to our shores or assets, or those of our true allies, expect an immense nuclear response.

I thought only Pakistan Classifies the Good, The Bad and the Evil Talibans.Needles to say that its a Reality that people do classify between True(Long Term and Strategic) and False(Short Term) Allies.There are strong reasons why Nato isn't succeeding and its obviously one amongst all of them

You have stolen our financial aid and spit upon those trying to teach the basics of civilization, like farming and sanitation.

Dudes you cant go half a globe away from your territory and teach people how to live your way. Even if you guys are so enthusiastic abt teaching people "The Basics of Civilization" it shouldn't take a 40 Nation Army to do so.Theres no Free Lunch.Much of that Financial Aid ends up in the swiss bank accounts of your pet Dogs who end up investing all of it in your Corporates.

Opium is your most valuable crop.

Last time i chkd it was Pipelanistan which toped the ranking of Opium and Heroin Production right under the nose of Nato and its sponcered Druglors aka Karzai Govt. It was not the Cheif Crop untill the land was filled with Infidels ;)

You call our women whores and sluts because they aren't dressed like a walking bee-hive. Best of luck living in the 9th century." :sick:

This is beyond the context of an Ethical and Cultural debate. If you want your women to run around Naked ..then its fine. Its a request please don't dictate how our women should live and dress up, with a force of 40 Nation Army.

are you sure about that?

Sourthen Afghanistan, Helmand Province.
25-07-2008

Early friday morning a tank from the Danish tank platoon "LOKE" hit an IED or mine. The tank platoon was assisting Afgan soldiers and their British and Armerican advisers after they had come under fire in the dessert north of Forward Operating Base Attal - The northen most FOB in the Danish AOR.

The tank platoon was sent from FOB Armadillo to assist the Afghans and ISAF forces when it also came under fire. During the following maneuvers a tank hit a mine or an IED. One Danish soldier was killed in the explosion and 3 others wounded.
The 3 wounded where taken to Camp Bastion and are undergoing treatment for their injuries.

http://forsvaret.dk/fko/Pages/default.aspx

and http://www.militaryphotos.net/forum...lled-3-wouned-after-Danish-tank-hits-IED-Mine

lol
I like to see these tanks go in the mountains lmao
Afghanistan is all mountain.
deploying them in population centers is useless.

btw, didn't the Russian have tanks??? lol

Americans and Afghans are perfect matches for each other. Stubborn and war loving.

lol

Americans and Afghans are perfect matches for each other. Stubborn and war loving.

No, Actually Afghans have a phsycological phobia when facing a tank in a battle. Maybe the ISAF wants to make something out of that ..!!!

lol

Reminds me of the movie,,, the beast.:lol:

I think using Tanks is a good idea at AF, Usual IEDs is not capable to blow up any Abrams Tanks. TTP has to work hard more in order to make IEDs which can at least blow up tank's tracks. And the casuality rate will come down coz of less usage of less covered armed vehicles(Humvees).

And in Iraq, IEDs was easy to make coz the shells are available to them more ease(old Iraqi tank shells) whereas in Afgan, it is not easy to get a live shell to make an IED but to make it in more conventional way.

About Russian Tank failed story, at that time they were getting weapons from Pakistan, USA etc., now there is hardly any such back up

TTP meet and greet CIA officials openly. They get advance weapons and dollars from US to destabilize only Pakistan.
They do move in and out of Afghanistan but have never conflicted with US or Indian troops.
It was TTP which forced Pak army to give in to US demand of taking away army from southern borders and fielding it in north.
Otherwise, Pakistan army was not willing.
TTP clearly works for Indo-US interests.

Most likely you were ranting but i still correct you for the record.

Apparently, handful of elusive Taliban leaders may not have resources or means to buy basic life necessacities.... how can they organize IED's.....and you actually stated same in your last sentence.

Whereas, all American soldiers killed in Afghanistan was handy work of Indian trained militias belonged to northern alliance.

Last edited:
Bring in the tanks bring in whatever just bomb the hell out these cowards kill the bastards all the way to hell .

The number of people who want to see the U.S. and NATO effort in Afghanistan fail never ceases to amaze me. :hitwall:

F*** the U.S. effort? Kill the tanks?

If that is the case, I hope these bearded lunatics over-run the entire M.E. The U.S. should leave, and the last act should be dropping millions of leaflets that say "If violence is exported to our shores or assets, or those of our true allies, expect an immense nuclear response. You have stolen our financial aid and spit upon those trying to teach the basics of civilization, like farming and sanitation. Opium is your most valuable crop. You call our women whores and sluts because they aren't dressed like a walking bee-hive. Best of luck living in the 9th century." :sick:

Pray tell us what does the US want in Afghanistan... Emotions aside Sir... we have had lovely discussions on difficult topics before...

If I had a micro percent hint that America wants something good for Afghanistan I would have supported her... But I dont have that hint...

Do google Dilawar the Taxi Driver dear readers... and please can someone tell me for what crime was that innocent young man tortured and murdered??

Such a US effort as manifest in what happened to Dilawar, shall be resisted... This is a promise to you... It shall be resisted like the Afghans resisted the Soviets before you... InshaAllah

all i can say is if you bring tanks big hunk of steel adleast needs 3 to 4 rpg and disabled

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom