What's new

US Stealth UAV RQ-170 downed in IRAN

Upgrading the airforce will give us the ability to project more power. **** that. We're not after that. An aging airforce can still provide plenty of defense. And yeah, Iran's problem is obviously in the engine department. That's why I'm saying that the billions should go towards R&D not new planes from Russia that bring no long-term benefits.

Iran should work with Pakistan for the aircraft.

The JF-17 will be a good platform, since it is easy to master, and it also has a lot room to upgrade.

Soldiers must be respected bro! they died serving their country...

In my world view, "serving one's country" is not necessarily respectable. For example, if your country is violating another country's sovereignty then you shouldn't cooperate.
They were either "brain washed and blinded", or "criminals". Which one deserves respect?

They intentionally killed one Iranian civilian, in this operation.

anyways, my point was that Obama's decision was is understandable...
President Obama was presented with three separate options for retrieving or destroying the drone. The president ultimately decided not to proceed with any of the plans because it could have been seen as an act of war.
He was worried that it might escalate into "something bigger". :lol:

They dismantled other F-14s for spare parts, plus they got foreign aid, even from Israel.
Dismantling F-14s for spare parts was done in 1980s during Iran-Iraq. After war Iran started to rebuild F-14s or keep them operational and in the last case, Last year, Iran rebuilt two old F-14s that had been grounded for 12 years and added them to air force fleet, four years after USA decided to destroy its F-14s to prevent Iran from acquiring spare parts of F14.
This is report of it in Persian language:

بازگشت دو گربه(F14) نیروی هوایی به آسمان پس از یک دهه : اخبار هوافضا و هوانوردي - مرکز انجمنهاي تخصصي

Dismantling F-14s for spare parts was done in 1980s during Iran-Iraq. After war Iran started to rebuild F-14s or keep them operational and in the last case, Last year, Iran rebuilt two old F-14s that had been grounded for 12 years and added them to air force fleet, four years after USA decided to destroy its F-14s to prevent Iran from acquiring spare parts of F14.
This is report of it in Persian language:

بازگشت دو گربه(F14) نیروی هوایی به آسمان پس از یک دهه : اخبار هوافضا و هوانوردي - مرکز انجمنهاي تخصصي

So Iran can build its own F-14 right now?

That's a good achievement.

Oh really ? they should get respected for attacking us and violating our borders ? is that what you are saying ?

rest in s.hit

To be honest i hate usa... but those guys died for a cause.. RIP...Even if they were against Iran.. same goes for the dead indian soldiers who went to war with Pakistan!

Soldiers follow orders!

No Iran doesn't build new F-14s entirely, Iran just rebuilt and renovated two old F-14s that couldn't fly during past 12 years. Excuse me, my English isn't good, Maybe I'm using bad words
Ofcourse there are reports and claims by Iranian offiicials about upgrading F-14s with new Iranian radars and improved engines.
This is a report about utilization of new improved radars and engines on F-14 (in Persian language):
Fars News Agency :

gyu9l2fouqa5ptmz34y.jpg

About UAV technology of Iran, suffice to say, Iran was the first country to develop and use an armed combat UAV in its modern sense during 1980's war with Iraq. This UAV had the capability to carry and launch six RPG-7 rounds against targets. Iranians actually invented this concept. Very few know about this, since media does not talk about it, and people automatically think that United States started it all, which is wrong. Later on Israelis picked up on the idea and worked on it and United States bought the technology from Israel. So I would not be surprised if Iranians are having a few more tricks up their sleeves.
Very interesting, no history books mention this. The earliest US combat UAV in the modern times was Predator RQ-1L (unless someone finds earlier combat UAV). It was first used in 1994, indeed later than Iranians did it :azn:

So Iran is the father of combat UAVs in the modern era? :woot:

On the similar note:

he Mohajer-4 underwent a test flight on 16 February 2002. The Saeqeh UAV was tested at the same time. Minister of Defense and Armed Forces Logistics, Ali Shamkhani, said that Iran was one of the few countries to have the knowledge for designing and building UAVs.

On 7 November 2004, Hezbollah, an Islamic militant organization with close ties to Iran, flew a Mohajer-4 over northern Israel for approximately 5 minutes. The UAV entered Israeli airspace at more than 100 knots and an altitude of about 1,000 feet. After briefly flying over the seaside city of Nahariya, the UAV fell into the sea as it returned to Lebanon. An embarassment for the Israeli government, the overflight proved to be a symbolic success for Hezbollah, which claimed the flight to be an appropriate response to Israeli incursions over Lebanon.

The prominent London-based Arab daily newspaper, Ash-Sharq Al- Awsat, quoted an unnamed senior officer with the Iranian Revolutionary Guards as saying Iran has sold 8 Mohajer-4s to Hezbollah.
Mohajer

Although UAV fell in the sea, but Iranian UAV was undetected while flying in Israel territory :azn:

Soldiers must be respected bro! they died serving their country...
**** that
human beings should be respected
these animals came to KILL and RAPE and pillage
there is nothing to respect

Respecting the Americans, in terms of knowing their capabilities is one thing, wishing them well and praying for their dead soldiers is another. They don't deserve that.

Rest in hell

Iran did not manage to intercept Israeli drones.

Now Russia starts lisence production of Israeli, drones, despite they got wreckage before:

000c56zb.1323616587.jpg

Maybe Russian engineers are not as skilled as Iranain :lol:
Sorry 500,

Israeli UAV deal with Russia stumbles - UPI.com

Anyway Russian MOD its self admitted that buying Isreal Drones was a mistake, so from now on they will only be buying Domestic Drones.

Both Mig and Sukhoi are already jointly working on X-47 type Drone.

Longbrianed,

S-400 technology transfer is out of the question, for fallowing reasons.

1. Russia doesn't want too completely ruin their relations with West.

2. If Iran manage too copy the technology and start selling S-400 clones (as bad as they be) it will hurt Russian weapon export business.

I am sure Iran will get something in return for a peak in the stealth Drone, but not S-400 tech.

Back
Top Bottom