What's new

US responsible for the Murder of Pakistani Troops - Pak Rejects NATO Probe

Yes, the NATO clearly made serious errors in geolocation, and compounded those by miscommunication with their Pakistani counterparts. They must be held accountable for those errors, yes, and be given a clear directive to rectify them.

Accountability in my books = Someone should go to jail, for a long time...

Not for errors, but for deliberate attacks. Since clearly after the first error they were notified.

There were many points where people could have stopped firing from the Nato side, they didn't stop. Even though there's no evidence to support their claim that Pakistanis fired first, even with that excuse, series of errors is unbelievable.

I agree that NATO made a series of errors that should have stopped the initial response, and certainly should have stopped its continuation.

I think that a clear statement by the Pakistani side is important whether they think that they fired first (and if so, why) or NOT.

That would be immeasurably advantageous.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

Accountability in my books = Someone should go to jail, for a long time...

Not for errors, but for deliberate attacks. Since clearly after the first error they were notified.

Once the chain of events is determined, accountability will follow too. But it cannot be only on one side.

Thank you for that calm and level headed post.

Let me first say that there were indeed a series of errors on the NATO side. I am also painfully cognizant of the asymmetric casualties.

Let me then say this:

If Pakistanis were not aware of NATO operations in the area, then they would have no way of knowing who they were firing at. Once fired upon by what they believed to be enemy combatants, NATO forces followed SOP to determine a response, but made a series of errors that led to a geographical error of 9 miles.

Tragedies such as this have multi-factorial causes, and all of them need to be looked at one by one, calmly, and logically, if they are to be rectified. This must happen on both sides.

the good thing is that the story you trying to sell has no buyers - :coffee:

Clearly there is no need to show our frustrations and end up wearing pink saris however one can understand the frustrations. Most of us predicted this response. The report - that took weeks to come out simply doesn't tell us anything new and sensational.
Nato have accepted they seriously were in the wrong and violated our land - time to stick to our guns. This isnt about WOT - this is about accountability. If Mexico had done this to the USA more than heads would role.
I have given in to being surprised by VChengs responses and realize and post he puts up must be treated with kids gloves as a leopard cant change its spots nor a zebra its stripes.
R.I.P. to the brave soldiers - their sacrifice will most certainly be NEVER forgotten.

I laugh at all of you that were bsing about waiting for their side of the story. If any of you had a military background you would have known from day one that it was a deliberate attack.

For people that are supporting Nato, and there's only really one I can think of, there are words I would like to say to you that would get me banned, and you're not worth it.

I think Pakistan should just start shelling the border. Kill some Afghan military, and keep mounting pressure. Honestly 1 F-15 1 heli gun ship and we couldn't call in our air support? Wtf?

If we had called in our air support and dealt with these animals this would have never happened again. They would have taken our military seriously and backed off, and we would have been left with some credability. But alas all hail the bannana republic!

What are the geographical limits of 'North Atlantic' ?

Yaar look at a map much easier to see that way. Though politically NATO exceeds the North Atlantic region especially with the inclusion of Greece & Turkiye.

I agree that NATO made a series of errors that should have stopped the initial response, and certainly should have stopped its continuation.

I think that a clear statement by the Pakistani side is important whether they think that they fired first (and if so, why) or NOT.

That would be immeasurably advantageous.
Err you killed everyone from Post #1, Post #2, was left for dead. No survivors, except the murderers. Have you ever seen murderers implicate themselves?

Once the chain of events is determined, accountability will follow too. But it cannot be only on one side.

On the contrary, accountability truly does fall on your side...

1. Series of errors is wrong since you fessed up that firing should have ended after the first notification - this we have as one of the link in the chain of events. So its not a series of error, at best its ONE error.
2. That one error goes down the drain when someone keeps firing that means there was clear intent to deliberately attack Pakistanis.

I feel like you're merry-go-rounding a dead horse and trying to sell us an idea thats just not going to fly... I think I have to put it in a desi language to make you realize the fallacy of what you're saying is a bongi.

Bongi Chain of events according to you/nato report

Humari faujein kareeb ayi apki post k, Pakistani fauj ne firing ki, hum ne Pakistan phone lagaya, aur poocha, ke bhai hum falani jaga attack kardein Taliban par? Pakistan ne kaha kardoh, sau bismillah. Hum ne jaga ghalat batai, maan lia, dekho hum ghalti maan tay hain.
Phir hum ne attack kia!
Phir Pakistanio ne kaha ke bhai, yeh toh hum pe firing kar rahay hain, mat fire karo aur...
Phir bhi hum ne attack kia!
Phir se Pakistanio ne kaha, O bhai jaan yeh toh hum pe bombing ho rahi hai Taliban pe nahi

Hum pontar gaye thay, humara kasoor nahi!

Bongi Chain of events according to you/nato report

Humari faujein kareeb ayi apki post k, Pakistani fauj ne firing ki, hum ne Pakistan phone lagaya, aur poocha, ke bhai hum falani jaga attack kardein Taliban par? Pakistan ne kaha kardoh, sau bismillah. Hum ne jaga ghalat batai, maan lia, dekho hum ghalti maan tay hain.
Phir hum ne attack kia!
Phir Pakistanio ne kaha ke bhai, yeh toh hum pe firing kar rahay hain, mat fire karo aur...
Phir se Pakistanio ne kaha, O bhai jaan yeh toh hum pe bombing ho rahi hai Taliban pe nahi

Hum pontar gaye thay, humara kasoor nahi!

I really don't know how to descend to that level of discussion. Sorry.

FIRE these Pakistani officials immediately!

Obama can keep his apology. The NATO routes should be closed PERMANENTLY.

Does their begharati know bounds? Who the hell begs for an apology? How pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom