What's new

US responsible for the Murder of Pakistani Troops - Pak Rejects NATO Probe

This is what BBC thinks of it... Again , see the difference of reporting between CNN & BBC !

US admits mistakes over killings of Pakistan troops

The US military has admitted it bears significant responsibility for last month's air strike on the Afghan border that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers.

A statement said US and Afghan forces acted in self defence, but conceded there had been a lack of proper co-ordination with Pakistani forces.

BBC correspondents say the admission is expected to embarrass the US military.

For More..

BBC News - US admits mistakes over killings of Pakistan troops

More critically, we must work to improve the level of trust between our two countries. We cannot operate effectively on the border -- or in other parts of our relationship -- without addressing the fundamental trust still lacking between us. We earnestly hope the Pakistani military will join us in bridging that gap

No more trust building is required now as every Pakistani have trust in "US is our enemy", the only missing thing is that our govt. must stop saying war Of Terror in AF is our war and spare Pak from this. Permanently block routes, air corridors and cooperation. We don't have these incidents with our eastern side as it is clear to both parties that what's the meaning of crossing the line.

Sir you are being too kind - **** NATO and i hope their lackeys also die a miserable death specially those who suck up for them on this forum.
Yes! U are absolutely right these US/NATO b@$trdz are nothing but damn evilz....I guess all the bad wordz vocabulary ends on their evil acts....the y realli deserve a horrible death/punishments for their evil crimes as well as their evil claims/reports......they shold be starved to death for their crimes against innocent humanity around the world as well as against our Pak Army soldiers /officerz...... Hell with these evil US/NATO B@$trdz....:angry:

This is what BBC thinks of it... Again , see the difference of reporting between CNN & BBC !

US admits mistakes over killings of Pakistan troops

The US military has admitted it bears significant responsibility for last month's air strike on the Afghan border that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers.

A statement said US and Afghan forces acted in self defence, but conceded there had been a lack of proper co-ordination with Pakistani forces.

BBC correspondents say the admission is expected to embarrass the US military.

For More..

BBC News - US admits mistakes over killings of Pakistan troops

This is the reason they asked for time - half of them will be accepting and half of them will be denying.

Thank you very much for wasting our time, lets close the airspace now.
Yes! Sir we realli needs to close our airspace now too cuz these evil US/NATO rascals/brutals are not coming to right path without using the stick against them.......:smokin:

Please take into account the casualty list of the uber cool US special forces vs our forces.
It means that even if we fired, it was not a case of dozens of Rambos being killed which demanded a hot blooded reaction from them.
They should have pulled back!

Do note that we had zero information on any US operation in the area, they were nigh time intruders which complicates it even more since it is pet time of TTP to jump on our posts in order to slaughter our soldiers.
Unlike their ultra high tech night time vision which is quite impressive, we do not have a great range and resolution to clearly assess who the intruder is at range of engagement. I am not even sure what night vision device we had on that post.
It would have been really impossible for our soldiers to tell who it was till the aircraft and helos started raining death on them...which they sadly did!

On the other hand our post locations are already with NATO/ISAF as part of information sharing.
Even without information sharing, there is no way in hell they would plan a raid along the border and not study our positions, even a 2nd Lt in Pakistan or Indian Army would study the operational area in a much more professional manner...unless ofcourse it was a deliberate provocation of our posts...which i believe is the case here.

They knew who they were attacking, no way in hell i am buying the BS that they did not know.
They would have had the exact coordinates in their system and when time came to pass information to our command, they were miles off the real coordinates...this is all deliberate and somewhere some rascal is responsible for planning this and maybe even getting a laugh out of it.

Thank you for that calm and level headed post.

Let me first say that there were indeed a series of errors on the NATO side. I am also painfully cognizant of the asymmetric casualties.

Let me then say this:

If Pakistanis were not aware of NATO operations in the area, then they would have no way of knowing who they were firing at. Once fired upon by what they believed to be enemy combatants, NATO forces followed SOP to determine a response, but made a series of errors that led to a geographical error of 9 miles.

Tragedies such as this have multi-factorial causes, and all of them need to be looked at one by one, calmly, and logically, if they are to be rectified. This must happen on both sides.

What were they doing in our territory... Go with a AK-47 to the white house... If you're fired upon, are you justified to pull out a Bazooka?

I am not sure whether the ISAF troops on the ground crossed over into Pakistan territory. The post that fired upon them was only 200m within the border, so the ISAF forces were likely on their side still.

The response of the air cover called in was geographically erroneous. NATO admits to those mistakes, and should follow through, to the satisfaction of the Pakistan, as to how they can prevent such grievous errors in the system in the future.

I am not sure whether the ISAF troops on the ground crossed over into Pakistan territory. The post that fired upon them was only 200m within the border, so the ISAF forces were likely on their side still.

The response of the air cover called in was geographically erroneous. NATO admits to those mistakes, and should follow through, to the satisfaction of the Pakistan, as to how they can prevent such grievous errors in the system in the future.

But thats why troops have a buffer zone that can't be crossed, if anything moves in the buffer zone thats a legit kill, moreover the protocol in place is to first call the liaison office to inform the other side "Dude you know that firing you're doing, its upon us".

Moreover the US did call and gave the wrong info "Hey we are going to attack this area" - gave the wrong area. Then they went and attack the 'correct' area. And then when Pakistan made the call according to protocol to get them to stop the attack, they kept on attacking.

So really... Please...

Never expected the truth from nato and american liars. Why we wasting bandwith on what liars say

Pakistan army, should have known the repercussions of playing with fire. We know it was deliberate & so do the Americans, But the question is, what is Pakistan army, specifically it's gutless COAS going to do about it?

Thank you for that calm and level headed post.

Let me first say that there were indeed a series of errors on the NATO side. I am also painfully cognizant of the asymmetric casualties.

Let me then say this:

If Pakistanis were not aware of NATO operations in the area, then they would have no way of knowing who they were firing at. Once fired upon by what they believed to be enemy combatants, NATO forces followed SOP to determine a response, but made a series of errors that led to a geographical error of 9 miles.

Tragedies such as this have multi-factorial causes, and all of them need to be looked at one by one, calmly, and logically, if they are to be rectified. This must happen on both sides.

Nice story, replace series of errors with "deliberate acts of violence" and you get a more believable picture. Since series of errors can stop after the first phone call...

I mean are you really selling "Oops I killed you, sorry man.", "Oops, dang it, I killed some more...", "Oops, silly me, I killed even more"...

There were many points where people could have stopped firing from the Nato side, they didn't stop. Even though there's no evidence to support their claim that Pakistanis fired first, even with that excuse, series of errors is unbelievable.

First doing border operation without informing us thinking they are smart a$$ than attacking our posts by giving us the wrong co- ordinates. I just hope Pakistan will never ever open the supply route and should close the air space as well.

But thats why troops have a buffer zone that can't be crossed, if anything moves in the buffer zone thats a legit kill, moreover the protocol in place is to first call the liaison office to inform the other side "Dude you know that firing you're doing, its upon us".

Moreover the US did call and gave the wrong info "Hey we are going to attack this area" - gave the wrong area. Then they went and attack the 'correct' area. And then when Pakistan made the call according to protocol to get them to stop the attack, they kept on attacking.

So really... Please...

Yes, the NATO clearly made serious errors in geolocation, and compounded those by miscommunication with their Pakistani counterparts. They must be held accountable for those errors, yes, and be given a clear directive to rectify them.

What explains the celebration among ISAF generals upon the funeral news of martyred soldiers.

It was reported by foreign news that Chief of Afghan army congratulated NATO for killing Pakistani soldiers and termed it best of the acts.

I still remember when terrorists shooting at praying generals and their kids in 'west ridge' mosque and shouting 'in ki nasal ko khatam kardo'.

Dosn't NATO and terrorists bombing and shooting mosques share same sentiments and strategic interests?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom