What's new

US Planning to Snatch Pakistan's Nukes

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a war scenario -- who will stop US and Israel to use nuclear weapons as a first choice weapons ?

AM is assuming that pakistan will use her nukes first which is a fallacy especially if you deal with countries like Israel and US.

Why would the US and Israel use nukes first against Pakistan?

The Indians here seem to be ignoring the fact that my hypothesis revolves around the fact that the US would be the one initiating hostilities that cross Pakistan's 'red lines', such as a military assault to 'neutralize Pakistani nukes'. Pakistan has no intention of launching its nukes at anyone unprovoked.

The threat to launch nukes at the targets mentioned should prevent the US or any other country from taking the risk of 'launching a military assault to neutralize Pakistani nukes', and therefore should prevent any military actions that cause a nuclear war.

My argument is about PREVENTING WAR THROUGH THE THREAT OF NUCLEAR WAR.

Wonderful posts AM...you are explaining our position in the best way...

What will Pakistan do if US tries to raid one of the nuclear installations...what will be our reaction?...though we will still have nukes,but it would be an attack on national security.

I just made a point about Pakistan's current capabilities - whether India catches up or not is irrelevant.

Pakistan's deterrent does not become minimized because India decides to produce '2 million warheads'. So long as Pakistan can inflict massive damage on India with its own nuclear arsenal, and so long as Pakistan can threaten to inflict massive damage on the global economy through targeting the Gulf oil infrastructure, Israel, India, Pakistan has a reasonable deterrent against the much superior West.

In short you would want Pakistan to use it nukes to hold the world hostage? I don’t understand this suicidal path you want Pakistan to follow? What dire situation that Pakistan is facing now for such reaction? It is beyond me.

If Pakistan doesn’t considering halting its nuke weapons expansion process, I am sure Pakistan is going to become an International pariah. This will alienate the common man from the political establishment help gravitate him/her towards the Jihadi groups.

on the nuclear issue, Pakistan has exercised the policies which is sees best for its national interests......pariah or no pariah, i see no paradigm shift in Pakistan's approach to nuclear expansion. . . It's costly, it's money that could be diverted elsewhere. But in this case, given the ''unique'' needs of Pakistan and given the fact that we face a large, sometimes sabre-rattling enemy to the east -- i really don't think that the Pakistanis care what the world thinks.

for over a year -- possibly two now -- medias all over the world have been reporting about our growing program.....you have analysts who both ''bring up concerns'' but at the same time admit that our nuclear safety record, our safeguards are intact and effective. Just because you indians are complaining has little relevance or sway as far as the world is concerned.

the indians have this bad habit of pointing fingers at others; as if their own stockpiles are there for simply peaceful means and are not a ''problem''.....when Pakistan seeks to maintain a credible deterrant against our foe, we are being the ''badguys''....what a logic

In short, nuke weapon expansion would be suicidal for Pakistan.

actually, it's pretty smart.....hindustan, despite its large size over Pakistan -- is now in no position to dictate terms or even think of engaging in any miscalculated misadventures --because they know that we have the means to flatten any indian city of significance and render them unsafe for inhabitation

relax Indians,the pakistanis are nowhere near India in nuclear weapons.They made a switch from Uranium based nukes to plutonium that is no ordinary swap and after the taliban and abbottabad raid , pakistani nukes are not solely india's problen problem

Yup,tell this to your Generals...

I just made a point about Pakistan's current capabilities - whether India catches up or not is irrelevant.

Pakistan's deterrent does not become minimized because India decides to produce '2 million warheads'. So long as Pakistan can inflict massive damage on India with its own nuclear arsenal, and so long as Pakistan can threaten to inflict massive damage on the global economy through targeting the Gulf oil infrastructure, Israel, India, Pakistan has a reasonable deterrent against the much superior West.

The blackmail worked for a while but nobody cares anymore. You can create as many as you want, but you will not using them.
When you say sanctions on Pakistan is not good for nuke safety, you sound like a mafia. You built it, you manage it.

All the recent news and provocative statements which are coming from west are very much indicative of the things to come. You should revisit my post in the thread about FMCT. Economic sanctions are very much on the table.
I do not see them on the table, outside of the US, and even that is not by any means currently in the pipeline, and we can weather those easily enough.

Military sanctions are the most likely possibility at this point, and even those are not a certainty, given that the US just approved another 10 MLU kits for Pakistan.
And the regular drone attack and regular violation of pakistan's sovereignty are very much in line of US policy. Don't forget about the extensive network inside Pakistan. They also rejected your plea of evacuating the air base.
How does any of the above result in Pakistan becoming 'North Korea'? You are taking random issues and conflating them without any rationale to come up with your 'dooms day scenario'.
Being the non NATO most important ally you are being the most sanctioned one and if you dare to show the eyes to them economic sanction along with global isolation will be imposed. And that is the case with N.Korea. Now tell me how will u be you different from N.Korea ?
We have been 'showing our eyes to them' for years now. How long has the West known of Pakistan's expanding nuclear arsenal and facilities? What have they done so far, in terms of tangible policies?

Calm down - nothing along the lines of what you claim is happening any time soon, if ever.

Why would the US and Israel use nukes first against Pakistan?

The Indians here seem to be ignoring the fact that my hypothesis revolves around the fact that the US would be the one initiating hostilities that cross Pakistan's 'red lines', such as a military assault to 'neutralize Pakistani nukes'. Pakistan has no intention of launching its nukes at anyone unprovoked.

The threat to launch nukes at the targets mentioned should prevent the US or any other country from taking the risk of 'launching a military assault to neutralize Pakistani nukes', and therefore should prevent any military actions that cause a nuclear war.

My argument is about PREVENTING WAR THROUGH THE THREAT OF NUCLEAR WAR.

Again, you are assuming that US and Israel won't use Nuclear weapons ? I ask why you are assuming that ? You are seeing from the perspective of pakistan only not from the perspective of enemy. If Israel comes to know that pakistan is about to launch a nukes on her what do ypu think they suppose to do ?

US planning snatch pakistan's nukes--- why you are assuming that nuking pakistan is not on the table when they very much know that pakistan would use it eventually. why not just wipe their first strike capabilities ?

As far as nuclear weapons are concerned - If there is any threat to them then all bets are off - PS: It is widely believed as even mentioned by General Aslam Beg Before (Who is Ex-COAS of Pakistan Army) that if Pakistan Nukes are attacked or Pakistan existence is threatened regardless of the country attacking Pakistan we will nuke the sh!t out of India.

The blackmail worked for a while but nobody cares anymore. You can create as many as you want, but you will not using them.
That is exactly what I have been saying so far - the value of the nuclear arsenal lies in preventing a massive conflict, which means the value of a nuclear arsenal lies in the threat of the arsenal being used, not in its actual use. Perhaps you should read my posts without your 'irrational hatred of Pakistan blinkers on'.
When you say sanctions on Pakistan is not good for nuke safety, you sound like a mafia. You built it, you manage it.
Of course we will manage it, but if the West wants to destabilize Pakistan, then they are directly responsible for the consequences of that destabilization. If they do not destabilize Pakistan, then it is Pakistan that is primarily responsible, and cannot and should not blame anyone else.

The 'mafia' here would be the West, if it chose to destabilize Pakistan simply because Pakistan wants to retain a nuclear deterrent.

relax Indians,the pakistanis are nowhere near India in nuclear weapons.They made a switch from Uranium based nukes to plutonium that is no ordinary swap and after the taliban and abbottabad raid , pakistani nukes are not solely india's problen problem

there have always been efforts to oppose our nuclear program WAY before any of these things you mentioned took place; efforts to sabotage, efforts to block sales and front companies set up to procure critical parts and components.....so you are acting as if our program has always been met with open arms at any time in history

truth is, we just don't give a damn and we managed to outsmart everyone......we ARE a nuclear armed country now, and there is nothing either you or the world could do about it. You can complain, or you can try snatching them; but talk alone is cheap.

and yes you are correct, Pakistan is expanding to plutonium-based weapons --as the nuclear yield is equal to uranium-based while the payload would be relatively lighter (meaning longer range for the delivery system)

In short, Pakistan is playing into the US hands. I though Pakistan has enough nukes for a deterrent against India. 2008 was an example of this. International community would not sit idle and watch the planet being nuked. After all we have one planet to live. By aimless expansion of its nuke arsenals, Pakistan is making its nukes not anymore of an India’s problem but of the world’s

In short you would want Pakistan to use it nukes to hold the world hostage? I don’t understand this suicidal path you want Pakistan to follow? What dire situation that Pakistan is facing now for such reaction? It is beyond me.

How is Pakistan holding the world hostage?

Instead of regurgitating nonsensical rhetoric picked up from half-witted commentators and analysts, please tell me what exactly this 'blackmail' involves?

Have I not made it clear that Pakistan will only resort to using its nuclear arsenal if its existence/national security are threatened, through actions such as unprovoked military assaults to neutralize its weapons?

Please do explain why Pakistan's defensive posture is 'nuclear blackmail'.

International community would not sit idle and watch the planet being nuked.

Excellent - that is exactly my point. The international community therefore should have a strong interest in preventing the US from carrying out unprovoked military aggression against Pakistan along the lines of a military assault targeting Pakistani nukes.

Pakistan has no interest in 'nuking the world' for no reason. Pakistan's posture is defensive. The US keeps its hands off Pakistan, and Pakistan keeps its hands off the nuclear trigger.

What precisely do you find wrong with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom