What's new

US Planning to Snatch Pakistan's Nukes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Functioning warheads need working fuses to deliver nukes.Sorry AM He is a renowned Nuclear expert and his opinion is more valid when giving an impartial opinion and Laws of Physics apply even to Pakistanis

You want us to showcase the trigger mechanisms in IDEAS 2012???

Dude,seriously...you don't know what you are talking about...it is understood that their is everything in place for the delivery systems...the cold-tests are for the very same purpose.

He is extremely vague about your designs and new plutonium weapons need different fuses from HEU weapons

You can prevent them by having cooperation rather than threatening them with nukes.

We are not threatening them with nukes unless they threaten us with war.

Therefore, you should advise the US to 'cooperate with Pakistan instead of threatening Pakistan'.

Pakistan's position is reactive and defensive - you need to talk to the potential aggressor, the US, to modify its behavior towards Pakistan.

You want us to showcase the trigger mechanisms in IDEAS 2012???

Dude,seriously...you don't know what you are talking about...it is understood that their is everything in place for the delivery systems...the cold-tests are for the very same purpose.

Again, Pakistan is not building just one, but FOUR reactors at Khushab, and all the associated infrastructure.

That kind of investment is not made without a significant amount of confidence in our Plutonium warhead designs. One or two reactors might have been understandable in case of a lack of confidence in our warhead designs, but four means a very high degree of confidence.

Do you think there are any "red lines" from the US side that Pakistan cannot cross, and if so, do you see any set of circumstances that would create the conditions for a direct confrontation?

1. Nuclear attack on US/Western interests using Pakistani nuclear material.

2. Pakistani version of Hitler or Kim Jong Il taking control of the country.

He is extremely vague about your designs and new plutonium weapons need different fuses from HEU weapons

Only the detonating mechanism are different...the fuses are same.

The fuses include atmospheric pressure fuse (which is used for air-bursts),impact switches (ground-bursts) and more...

For plutonium the detonating mechanism is complex...it involves chemical explosive lenses required for imploding the plutonium core...Pakistan has acquired the technology.

I see this thread title staying near the top for over a week. It's kind of amusing, but also a little sad. The Russians, the French, the Chinese, even the North Koreans never obsessed about the U.S. "snatching" their nukes. But Pakistan does. The difference, I guess, is that unlike all other nations Pakistanis actually worship The Bomb - it's been encouraged to be part of your pride and identity, or else there wouldn't be scale models of the Chagai Hills in little towns throughout the country.

I see this thread title staying near the top for over a week. It's kind of amusing, but also a little sad. The Russians, the French, the Chinese, even the North Koreans never obsessed about the U.S. "snatching" their nukes. But Pakistan does. The difference, I guess, is that unlike all other nations Pakistanis actually worship The Bomb - it's been encouraged to be part of your pride and identity, or else there wouldn't be scale models of the Chagai Hills in little towns throughout the country.

Actually the 'difference' is the amount of 'reports quoting US administration and military officials' claiming plans to seize Pakistani nukes are in place.

It is not Pakistan that publishes most of these reports in the media, it is the Western media that does it. Take up the 'obsession argument' with them.

There appears to be a 'mental block' of sorts at play here ....

Most of the Pakistani posters appear to have understood my 'deterrence' argument, the Indians keep screaming about war!

Pakistan is not threatening any country with nukes, unless provoked significantly. Just leave Pakistan alone and the world continues as a happy place!

Should Pakistan be left alone by World or World should be left alone by Pakistan.

It is not Pakistan that publishes most of these reports in the media, it is the Western media that does it. Take up the 'obsession argument' with them.
You're the OP. Obviously it pushes your button and the button of a lot of other Pakistanis. That's probably why the Western media harps on it so - ticking you off makes you read the newspaper or tune in.

1. Nuclear attack on US/Western interests using Pakistani nuclear material.

2. Pakistani version of Hitler or Kim Jong Il taking control of the country.

I think that #1 is not realistic, since the Pakistani nuclear weapons are secure, and the US know it.

However, #2 is what drives many concerns, given the present societal trends inside Pakistan. That is the possibility that we must all work together to prevent, by strengthening the processes and institutions of good governance.

The reason we value The Bomb is we would have been invaded loads of times by undesirables. Knowing we have it is the biggest deterrent in itself. Without it we wouldn't have an identity. BTW the USA try snatching anything. Bullies of the world.

I think that #1 is not realistic, since the Pakistani nuclear weapons are secure, and the US know it.

However, #2 is what drives many concerns, given the present societal trends inside Pakistan. That is the possibility that we must all work together to prevent, by strengthening the processes and institutions of good governance.

And with that final word, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom