What's new

US Planning to Snatch Pakistan's Nukes

Status
Not open for further replies.
another question, I am hearing for differnet sources that Pakistan is working on Hydrogen bomb, whats the minimum yield of hydrogen bomb? i heard its in Megatons?

To ensure that our deterrence remains effective in the face of US plans to 'neutralize Pakistani nukes' and developments in ABM technology.

The more nukes, the harder to 'neutralize' all of them, the harder to 'destabilize Pakistan' because of the threat of nuclear material in a destabilized state falling into the wrong hands, and the harder for the world to support US attempts to attack Pakistan given the fallout from a larger and more powerful Pakistani arsenal being used.

Just because Pakistan ends up having over a thousand nukes does not make it any more likely that Pakistan would use them unprovoked.

Whether it is one nuke or one thousand, Pakistan's policy of only resorting to them in case of a significant threat to its existence or national security remains in place.

That is what is called blackmail. US has lived with Pakistan nukes for 20 years. Why would US 'neutralize Pakistani nukes' now?

As far as existence threat to Pakistan is considered, at least I don’t see any external one.

Depends upon how much we'd need to bring the adversary down.. what is the size of enemy.. When it was India, we needed less, now with threat level increasing due to ‘unsolicited’ hysteria of the West, we need more.. as simple as that!

You simply cannot make the world your enemy. Yesterday it was India , today it is US and tomorrow would it be the west?

I think some of the Indians are actually very disappointed and mad hearing about any potential Pakistani 'deterrent to US military aggression'.

This was a big hope of theirs after all, the US doing what India currently cannot and 'decimating Pakistan'.

So true!

Basically, its waking up from a wet dream finding just the wetness and nothing else..

The 9/11, 7/7, 26/11, and OBL dramas didn’t played well at the end for them..

But why would the US nuke Pakistan when Pakistan is not threatening to nuke any other nation? Our nuclear posture is defensive.

You need to explain why the US would nuke Pakistan first, before we continue.

First, do you believe with my assessment in case of a war with US ?

The question is not about snatching pakistan's nukes but it to save from terrorists you need to revisit the starting article for that. From Pakistan Us has no threat but from terrorists they have.

As you are suggesting that in case US would try to snatch the pakistan's nukes, Pakistan will nuke India, Israel etc.. a threat perception would be created, But if US would know that pakistan will attack its assets US will take a proactive measure and won't allow you to have second strike capabilities.

The bottomline is that you can't blackmail other side with nukes when other sides have more sophisticated weapons and delivery systems.

I think some of the Indians are actually very disappointed and mad hearing about any potential Pakistani 'deterrent to US military aggression'.

This was a big hope of theirs after all, the US doing what India currently cannot and 'decimating Pakistan'.
Pakistani 'Deterrent to US military aggression' thats the biggest joke I heard today AM.Abbottabad did not take Pakistani deterrence into account.

AM we prefer to do the murder with a borrowed hand.Right now India is thoroughly enjoying the fires burning across the river

You simply cannot make the world your enemy. Yesterday it was India , today it is US and tomorrow would it be the west?

You need to understand the difference.. WE are not making anyone our enemy.. its the other way around.. first it was only India, now it is the US.. if the world comes next.. who cares.. we'll just increase our capability..

We may have issues with Pakistan, however, Pakistanis should remove the misconception that whenever bad happens in Pakistan, Indians are happy….in reality anything bad that happens in Pakistan could have direct bearing on India. Mumbai is one example.

That is what is called blackmail. US has lived with Pakistan nukes for 20 years. Why would US 'neutralize Pakistani nukes' now?
How is it 'black mail' when the sole purpose of the nuclear arsenal is to prevent aggression from other nations? If the US does not plan on 'neutralizing Pakistani nukes' then there is no threat of Pakistan using its nukes - how many times have I said that already?
As far as existence threat to Pakistan is considered, at least I don’t see any external one.
Great, then Pakistan won't have to use its nukes. What is your problem with our arsenal then?

How is it 'black mail' when the sole purpose of the nuclear arsenal is to prevent aggression from other nations? If the US does not plan on 'neutralizing Pakistani nukes' then there is no threat of Pakistan using its nukes - how many times have I said that already?

Great, then Pakistan won't have to use its nukes. What is your problem with our arsenal then?

This is clear blackmail, If you are in a war with US or Israel why will you attack India? why will you threaten middle east ? Isn't that Blackmail ?

Guys this is from the bulletin of Atomic Scientist nuclear notebook 2011

Pakistan

What he particularly mention is the nuclear fuses for Pakistani devices.
As far as fissile material is concerned Pakistan is nowhere near India's Plutonium stocks

He can mention fuses all he wants, all it is is analysis and informed speculation. Pakistan certainly won't be talking about its developments. At the end of the day Pakistan would not be making such a massive and rapid investment in its Plutonium production infrastructure if it was not confident in the data and designs it has.

As far as 'fissile material stock', as I said already, I don't really care if you want to claim India has '2 million warheads', it makes no difference so long as Pakistan has enough functioning warheads to pose a significant enough threat to India to ward of any unprovoked military aggression that crosses our 'red lines'. So far that appears to have worked, regardless of the fan-boy rhetoric of 'ask the Brigadier if he is afraid of nukes'.

This is clear blackmail, If you are in a war with US or Israel why will you attack India? why will you threaten middle east ? Isn't that Blackmail ?

Why would we be in a war with the US? We are not threatening it? Why would the US attack Pakistan?

Answer those questions first. Pakistan's posture is defensive, in response to aggression. Explain why the US would initiate war against Pakistan. The rest of your post cannot be addressed till then.

First of all, US understands the dynamics in South Asia. Given the Pakistan’s insecurity and large conventional military imbalance vis a vis India, US understands the reason for Pakistan to maintain a deterrence. But the questions now is why the unbridled expansion of nuke arsenal

Why would we be in a war with the US? We are not threatening it? Why would the US attack Pakistan?

Answer those questions first. Pakistan's posture is defensive, in response to aggression. Explain why the US would initiate war against Pakistan. The rest of your post cannot be addressed till then.

I already have given answer

here it is

first, do you believe with my assessment in case of a war with US ?

The question is not about snatching pakistan's nukes but it to save from terrorists you need to revisit the starting article for that. From Pakistan Us has no threat but from terrorists they have.

As you are suggesting that in case US would try to snatch the pakistan's nukes, Pakistan will nuke India, Israel etc.. a threat perception would be created, But if US would know that pakistan will attack its assets US will take a proactive measure and won't allow you to have second strike capabilities.

The bottomline is that you can't blackmail other side with nukes when other sides have more sophisticated weapons and delivery systems.

Pakistani 'Deterrent to US military aggression' thats the biggest joke I heard today AM.Abbottabad did not take Pakistani deterrence into account.
Abbottabad, even if it happened again, would be nowhere close to 'Pakistan's nuclear red lines'.

The 'joke' here is that you are equivocating that raid to unprovoked military aggression by the US against Pakistan to 'neutralize its nukes'. There was absolutely no danger of 'nuclear war', outside of the raid being mistaken for an Indian invasion, with the Abbottabad raid.
AM we prefer to do the murder with a borrowed hand.Right now India is thoroughly enjoying the fires burning across the river
Keep enjoying the fires while they last, doesn't change my argument that the US is not going to be launching any massive military assaults against Pakistan given Pakistan's nuclear deterrent (in terms of attacking targets mentioned prior).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom