What's new

US F-16's to Pak come with a 'no use against India in future' rider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman on Sunday maintained that Pakistan Air Force (PAF) would employ all its assets, including the newly-inducted F-16 C/D Block 52 aircraft, to defend the country against all external and internal threats.

“Our mission is to maintain peace with honour in the region but should this primary effort of maintaining peace fails, the PAF will employ all its assets, including these aircraft, to defend the country against external and internal security threats,” said the air chief while speaking at the handing over ceremony of the first batch of F-16 C/D Block 52 aircraft and later talking to newsmen at the PAF Base Shahbaz (Jacobabad).

US Ambassador Anne W Patterson was also present at the impressive ceremony held at the newly-furbished and the most modern airbase of the country.

Answering a question, the air chief said the acquisition of hi-tech Falcons would neither spark an arms race nor alter the balance of power in the region. He observed that it would rather restore the balance of power as the neighbours already had hi-tech aircraft in their inventory.

To another query, he maintained that there was no restriction on the use of the new Falcons against any specific country.

He was responding to a question on the impression that the modern planes had been given to Pakistan with the condition that these would in no case be used against a particular country. “You have also heard my speech. There is no such restriction,” he maintained.

PAF to use F-16s as it wishes

==================

I am not sure if this has been posted already, but quite frankly, end of story and thread closed, unless someone can give me a valid reason for keeping it open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom