What's new

US backs India-Iran Chabahar port deal as it outflanks China-Pakistan Gwadar project

How exactly India is supposed to pay Pakistan for shipping over international waters ?? What right do you have over international waters?? LOL :p:

Can you please explain ?? :-)

Its not about paying its the presence of Pakistan navy in this area.

We regularly harrass opposition fishing boats what do you think will happen to large ships operating around our waters?

As I have quoted before, Chabhar for India is part of a much bigger story than you guy's assume. It will be one of our main connectivity to central Asia and beyond not just Afghanistan. Please read about, International North–South Transport Corridor.

Moreover can you please enlighten me how can Pakistan deny Indian ships from operating in international waters and Iranian waters, what right do you have to do that ?? As far as I know, as per UN convention, a countries territorial waters are limited upto 12 nautical miles ( something around 23 K.M's I guess)

chabahar-400x299.JPG

Or do you mean Pakistan is gonna declare a war if we operate from Chabhar ?? LOL :p:

In your picture both those lines go through Pakistan sea territory and wont be possible

And let me guess. Iran is secret love of USA in all this? I think only Iran has greater hate of Israel after Pakistan. Hate of Israel at that level buy's you automatic American hostility. Trump or Clinton, Iran is the country they love to hate in USA.

And you think all this is going turn up side down?

Even after having 4 wars and countless number of proxy activity between each other, India and Pakistan can do business in Billions, if DPRK and South Korea can make "Kaesong Industrial Region", then nothing is impossible mate, moreover your understanding of USA is totally wrong, they don't have any permanent friends or foe. The thing that matters most is their benefit, nothing else. :p:

We regularly harrass opposition fishing boats what do you think will happen to large ships operating around our waters?

Try and see, how the world community responds. Moreover it will give India good enough reason to blockade Karachi and Gwadar.

In your picture both those lines go through Pakistan sea territory and wont be possible

Do you have any comprehension problem friend ??

Territorial waters of any country is limited to 12 Nautical Miles, i.e., hardly 23 K.M from seashore. And you means to say both those lines passed through Pakistan territorial waters ?? Then it's time for you to consult an Ophthalmologist I guess. LOL :p:

Even after having 4 wars and countless number of proxy activity between each other, India and Pakistan can do business in Billions, if DPRK and South Korea can make "Kaesong Industrial Region", then nothing is impossible mate, moreover your understanding of USA is totally wrong, they don't have any permanent friends or foe. The thing that matters most is their benefit, nothing else. :p:

Try and see, how the world community responds. Moreover it will give India good enough reason to blockade Karachi and Gwadar.

Do you have any comprehension problem friend ??

Territorial waters of any country is limited to 12 Nautical Miles, i.e., hardly 23 K.M from seashore. And you means to say both those lines passed through Pakistan territorial waters ?? Then it's time for you to consult an Ophthalmologist I guess. LOL :p:

If we can screw you in Mumbai, Pathankot and Kashmir

And if we regularly harass your fish boats and arrest your fishermen why dont you think we will do it any other ship going through Pakistan waters especially indian ships?

Why do you think we are starting to expand our navy, to protect cpec, gwader and our sea zones whether they are our waters or not

I guarantee you your ship travel to chabahar wont be easy

World community won't give a shit, india will do more Randi Rona, and we have a variety of weapons to destroy anyone thinking about blockade of Karachi or Gwader

So what exactly are you trying to say ?? The image that you provided explains about EEZ ( Exclusive Economic Zone) which gives Pakistan exclusive right to exploit the resources of the sea and seabed from that region. Well how does that stop Indian container/ business vessels traversing through that region since it is clearly international water, as a countries territorial water is limited to 12 NM.

The surface waters, as can be seen in the image, are international waters.

Try to understand the facts before make absurd comments mate. :p:

What i mean to say " you never know when an exploration mine explode and in accident indian ship suffer the loss" :chilli:

I understand America very well. Profit comes first, always except when it concerns Israel. The day Israel and Iran make up - Iran will have found a new great friend in USA.

Money buys everything but as rich Arabs found out even they could not buy influence in USA that might impact Israel.

Until then nothing will change. Why not find out how much profit is waiting to be made in oil rich Iran and then find out how many American or even European companies have actually invested in Iran thus far?

As of right now there is strong movement within US to find excuses to slap new innovative sanctions on Iran. What the American's have done is capped Tehran's ambitions but without giving anything in return. Iran is still under undeclared boycott.

With all the money to be made in Iran - one small project in Iran would offer more profit than all of Pakistan yet despite this Western banks on one pretext or other are avoiding in Iran. Keeping in effect a non declared boycott in place.

And it is you who does not understand the dynamics. America only entered into this deal not because it forgave Iran but because it had no choice. This came about because of Chinese pressure who would have broken ranks in the sanction regime. Therefore US extracted the best deal it could before that happened.

The underlying dynamic has not changed one bit. Iran is rabid Israel hater. Israel is rabid Iran hater and this is reflected in Washington.

Link > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35338901
Link > http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...er-potential-investors-in-post-sanctions-iran

we dont have any issues with who controls who or what in afghanistan we made a deal with afghan government and its there problem to give the route required security as for taliban why will they create problems for there own people in getting rich and getting new source of income just because india is building it and its coming thru iran ?

your so so wrong brother Chahbahar is not in any way against Chinese intersts or there New Silk Road to central asia and Europe

see take a map and see the diffrence between Kashgar to nearest production facilty /manufacturing cities in China and there distance from kashghar and Gawadar and how much distance china needs to cover to send its goods to central asia and Euorope (new silk road)

thediplomat_2014-05-08_17-47-26-386x230.png

http://thediplomat.com/2014/05/chinas-new-silk-road-vision-revealed/

now tell me what will be chinas priority to do trade waia land in Xi’an in central China before stretching west through Lanzhou (Gansu province), Urumqi (Xinjiang), and Khorgas (Xinjiang), which is near the border with Kazakhstan. The Silk Road then runs southwest from Central Asia to northern Iran before swinging west through Iraq, Syria, and Turkey. From Istanbul, the Silk Road crosses the Bosporus Strait and heads northwest through Europe, including Bulgaria, Romania, the Czech Republic, and Germany. Reaching Duisburg in Germany, it swings north to Rotterdam in the Netherlands. From Rotterdam, the path runs south to Venice, Italy

or the CEPC where it again has to cover all the pakistan land distance after passing to karakoram pass to reach gawadar where the good will again be loaded on ships to join maratime silk route (why will they not keep using the orignal Silk Road or the maratime silk route)

in short :

1. CEPC is just Plan B /Insurence policy for trade if the chinese martime trade is effected in SCS to mallacka straits to bay of bengal to suez canal and beyond think about it

2. Chahbahaar corridoar is not even compition to chinese trade corridoar /New Silk route /Maratime Silk Route

CPEC is a vital component of One Belt One Road initiative, linking "21st Century Maritime Silk Route" with the "Silk Road Economic Belt" , two important initiatives. Once this project is in full swing, Iran would naturally use it as a energy and trade corridor to get access to Chinese market. Chahbahar and Gwadar can't be compared, interms of capacity !!!

What i mean to say " you never know when an exploration mine explode and in accident indian ship suffer the loss" :chilli:

Don't worry, our ship's will be insured. :-)

But do you know how difficult it is to insure an exploration mine ?? :lol::lol::lol:

And how are things between USA nearly year after Iran signed the nuclear agreement and sanctions were lifted? Has US opened embassy in Iran. Has Iran even opened a embassy in USA? Can somebody find out please?

I know until recently the Iranian diplomats operated out of Pakistan Embassy in USA.

"The Interests Section of the Islamic Republic of Iran in the United States is a part of the Pakistani Embassy in Washington, D.C., and is the de facto diplomatic representation of the Islamic Republic of Iran in the United States."

Link > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interests_Section_of_the_Islamic_Republic_of_Iran_in_the_United_States

What indians dont understand is CPEC is ahead of Chabahar

Gwader will be up and running soon with our navy ready to protect it

Chabahar is not far from Gwader so when it is finally up and running indian ships only option will be to head into the eye if the storm i.e, head towards Gwader where our navy, and all ships heading into and out of Gwader are

Where do you think IN boats are sailing? Thank you.

What indians dont understand is CPEC is ahead of Chabahar
It is not ahead or behind. Both co-exist and sing to differant tunes. In fact they might even complement each other. Don't look at it as zero sum game.

And Chah Bahar will remain a Indian pipedream. Just something to rile ignorant Pakistani's. I fully support Chah Bahar. It is actually good for Pakistan.

However the Indian dream of USA/Iran/Israel/Russia working together against Pak/China interests is fantasy best enjoyed with strong intoxicants of your own choosing.

Even this thread OP is Indian fantasy. Find me one American source that confirms US support for Chah Bahar? Do you recall when Pakistan blocked NATO supply to US forces in Afghanistan. You know how easy it would have been for US to shift stuff through Iran? Well they did not. They flew, they railed, they dragged supplies across dozen countries and even through Russia, but Iran - NO.

New sanctions > http://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-criticizes-u-s-over-new-sanctions-1453135569

More on the way? > http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-missiles-usa-congress-idUSKCN0WA2NH

Last edited:
If we can screw you in Mumbai, Pathankot and Kashmir

And if we regularly harass your fish boats and arrest your fishermen why dont you think we will do it any other ship going through Pakistan waters especially indian ships?

As if Pakistani fishermen are not arrested by Indian Coast Guard. LOL

This is what happens when someone try to enter our territorial waters.:p:

http://www.dawn.com/news/1154655

Why do you think we are starting to expand our navy, to protect cpec, gwader and our sea zones whether they are our waters or not

As if the vast Indian will sit back and watch. LOL

This is what happens if Navel interests are harassed.

I guarantee you your ship travel to chabahar wont be easy

It's a bet just wait and see, merchant vessels will traverse without any issues through international waters and your Navy will not do anything. LOL :p:

World community won't give a shit, india will do more Randi Rona, and we have a variety of weapons to destroy anyone thinking about blockade of Karachi or Gwader

The world will get enough reason to impose economic sanctions if a merchant ship is attacked, and it automatically will be considered as an act of war.

Enough of this pseudo chest thumbing dude. Just wait for couple of years and you can see the result, Pakistan navy is not gonna do anything in International waters. They don't have enough balls for that, yes of-course you may very well orchestrate some terrorist kind of attacks, but in deep sea, the chances are rare to nil. :)

It is not ahead or behind. Both co-exist and sing to differant tunes. In fact they might even complement each other. Don't look at it as zero sum game.

And Chah Bahar will remain a Indian pipedream. Just something to rile ignorant Pakistani's. I fully support Chah Bahar. It is actually good for Pakistan.

However the Indian dream of USA/Iran/Israel/Russia working together against Pak/China interests is fantasy best enjoyed with strong intoxicants of your own choosing.

Ahead in terms of completion
As if Pakistani fishermen are not arrested by Indian Coast Guard. LOL

This is what happens when someone try to enter our territorial waters.:p:

http://www.dawn.com/news/1154655

As if the vast Indian will sit back and watch. LOL

This is what happens if Navel interests are harassed.

It's a bet just wait and see, merchant vessels will traverse without any issues through international waters and your Navy will not do anything. LOL :p:

The world will get enough reason to impose economic sanctions if a merchant ship is attacked, and it automatically will be considered as an act of war.

Enough of this pseudo chest thumbing dude. Just wait for couple of years and you can see the result, Pakistan navy is not gonna do anything in International waters. They don't have enough balls for that, yes of-course you may very well orchestrate some terrorist kind of attacks, but in deep sea, the chances are rare to nil. :)

Exactly, this is an indian/Pakistan issue and for 70 years we have done this

There will be a good reason to stop every indian ship mark my word's,

I understand America very well. Profit comes first, always except when it concerns Israel. The day Israel and Iran make up - Iran will have found a new great friend in USA.

Money buys everything but as rich Arabs found out even they could not buy influence in USA that might impact Israel.

Until then nothing will change. Why not find out how much profit is waiting to be made in oil rich Iran and then find out how many American or even European companies have actually invested in Iran thus far?

As of right now there is strong movement within US to find excuses to slap new innovative sanctions on Iran. What the American's have done is capped Tehran's ambitions but without giving anything in return. Iran is still under undeclared boycott.

With all the money to be made in Iran - one small project in Iran would offer more profit than all of Pakistan yet despite this Western banks on one pretext or other are avoiding in Iran. Keeping in effect a non declared boycott in place.

And it is you who does not understand the dynamics. America only entered into this deal not because it forgave Iran but because it had no choice. This came about because of Chinese pressure who would have broken ranks in the sanction regime. Therefore US extracted the best deal it could before that happened.

The underlying dynamic has not changed one bit. Iran is rabid Israel hater. Israel is rabid Iran hater and this is reflected in Washington.

Link > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35338901
Link > http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...er-potential-investors-in-post-sanctions-iran

I beg to differ, as I can see it has more to do with Saudi Arabian lobbying rather than Israel. Well Israel is also one important factor, but don't know why you forgot to consider that angle ?? :-)

Back
Top Bottom