What's new

US backs India-Iran Chabahar port deal as it outflanks China-Pakistan Gwadar project

Not having an opinion is a stance! Like apolitical nature, which itself is a political posture

Absolutely..... We have mastered in this stand....... Actually it is the prime example of there is no "Moral Stand" in geo politics...... the only thing matters is "National Interest"

For us, Russia is being humored on commercial-defence-political fronts, being looked after.

It is going to continue, and putin is scheduled to visit delhi next month i guess.....we understand each other better than anyone else..... Yes there would be eye brows raised, but i guess our relationship is based on a trust....
For Pakistan, Indian policy remains of prudence, incremental cost escalation below threshold

I do not see any change in this policy in near future ( a decade atleast) their foreign policy will remain india centric and elements in both nations would ensure no change in it.... More over they do not have a futuristic thinking in foreign policy which could be judged by their reluctance in appointing a full time foreign minister..... More over foreign policy is decided in rawalpindy (if not entire the influence is significant) and they are an indian centric force and their direction would be an indian centric one...... Which is not good for them.....

We can not afford a broken Pakistan on our borders, (or can we?),
This is the last thing India would ever want..... A stable pakistan is in India's interest..... Situation is not like 90's.......

China moved too quickly. A decade down, they could have done this. After CPEC was firmed up

Yes that could have made their stand strong and less dependent on Indian ocean......

They made another mistake in not formalising the AGPL with India, something which made Indians weary and deprived them of an Indian backing in the long run. In their act of playing leverage, they screwed their own interests.
They always had better relationship Pakistan, I must say Pakistan played their card very well by balancing between US and China (i agree that China and US relationship where not this bad then), More over they do not trust us......Yes this could have been made the relationship better........ But you cant blame them, we have our share to be blamed....

This was the best time to avoid putting India into US camp. Economy is a matter of leverage at the end of the day, the greater number of countries can always pull an economy of a solitary nation down, whatever the bravado the latter can put up

Well i did not expect India to be so close to US.... Yes economy is a matter of leverage, and i guess India has been leveraging it beyond its limits (baniyaaa)....

One need not put up trade barriers, one can simply pull down the demand and market. Stupid on their part.

True....

Go through "Treaty Relations Of The PRC: A Study of Compliance" by Luke T Lee. It gives an interesting insight of Chinese mind and thoughts on treaties.

Havent gone thru, would do that when time perrmits.....

India exports the following.
1. Petroleum products:
Value -
61.2 billion dollars

2. Precious stones:
Value -
41.2 billion dollars

3. Automobile:
Value -
14.5 billion dollars

4. Machinery:
Value -
13.6 billion dollars

5. Bio-chemicals:
Value -
12 billion dollars

6. Pharmaceuticals:
Value -
11.7 billion dollars

7. Cereals:
Value -
10.1 billion dollars

8. Iron and steel:
Value -
9 billion dollars

9. Textile:
Value -
9 billion dollars

10. Electronics:
Value -
9 billion dollars
Source: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/education/story/export-products/1/480878.html

India today which very famously just run a very provocative picture as its cover page? Seriously dude, with endemic poverty in India, these non sensical figure fly high in the face of ground realities. I have been living in Europe for almost two decades, apart from the masalas and some veges, I havent seen anything "made in India" , only "produced in India".

Come to sense and smell the coffee.

Do you equate India with Pakistan ?? LOL :p:

We have many things to import and export, given the fact that over 90% of the cargo flow through sea route, we can drastically cut cost of reaching central Asia and Europe, which right now moves through Suez. Why is that not enough for a country ??

International-North-South-Transport-Corridor-NSTC.jpg

Moreover the time of shipment will also be reduced dynamically since the chunk of the transport will be over land once it reaches Iran. And you know the volume of our trade with Russia and EU ?? It is more than 5 time Pakistan does with them. What more do you want to know ??? LOL :p:

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/countries/india/

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/countries/pakistan/

But I'm sure this will not make any economic sense to you, because China seems to be your god. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why would I commit this sin of equating Paksitan with India? It would be like degrading Pakistan. :)

You see China is THE source of major production in the world in the day and age we are living in. It makes perfect sense for CPEC , econmically. What are you Indians are making that you will be the source of such project? I havent come acorss any "made in India" product since been living in UK for two decades apart from veges and some masalas and even those are "produced in India".

India today which very famously just run a very provocative picture as its cover page? Seriously dude, with endemic poverty in India, these non sensical figure fly high in the face of ground realities. I have been living in Europe for almost two decades, apart from the masalas and some veges, I havent seen anything "made in India" , only "produced in India".

Come to sense and smell the coffee.

Did you ever happened to check India's trade volume with EU ?? If possible go through the PDF link provided below.

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2006/september/tradoc_113390.pdf

Make sure you read about Indian imports to EU. :p:

And if possible please enlighten me about Pakistan's trade volume with China and EU especially Imports. :p:

Why would I commit this sin of equating Paksitan with India? It would be like degrading Pakistan. :)

True, because Pakistan is an economic super power with no poverty at all and India is too poor with an ailing. Comparison will be a great sin. LOL :p:

You see China is THE source of major production in the world in the day and age we are living in. It makes perfect sense for CPEC , econmically. What are you Indians are making that you will be the source of such project? I havent come acorss any "made in India" product since been living in UK for two decades apart from veges and some masalas and even those are "produced in India".

Seriously do you have any comprehension problem or can't you read English ??

I am really sorry to say, but you are the most ignorant person I have ever come across in my life. :(

Read my earlier reply properly (if you want) and you will understand the benefits that we will have after this project is complete.

You can't take out Pakistan from east to west trade route. Even cargo coming from russia through iran will land in Gawadar.

Very well Pakistan is already Ignored. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
NSTC doesn't include Pakistan. :p:

There will be an agreement between Iran and Pakistan to merge Chabahar and Gawadar ports to function together.
View attachment 330728

Will be, huh ??

Well we will discuss about it when that agreement is in place. Till then please don't make blind assumptions and live in a fools paradise. LOL :p:

Did you ever happened to check India's trade volume with EU ?? If possible go through the PDF link provided below.

http://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/docs/2006/september/tradoc_113390.pdf

Make sure you read about Indian imports to EU. :p:

And if possible please enlighten me about Pakistan's trade volume with China and EU especially Imports. :p:

True, because Pakistan is an economic super power with no poverty at all and India is too poor with an ailing. Comparison will be a great sin. LOL :p:

Seriously do you have any comprehension problem or can't you read English ??

I am really sorry to say, but you are the most ignorant person I have ever come across in my life. :(

Read my earlier reply properly (if you want) and you will understand the benefits that we will have after this project is complete.

Very well Pakistan is already Ignored. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
NSTC doesn't include Pakistan. :p:

Will be, huh ??

Well we will discuss about it when that agreement is in place. Till then please don't make blind assumptions and live in a fools paradise. LOL :p:

I am asking you in simple plain English as to show me what you lot manufacture that put you at par with China that you will need this thing called north corridor? It seems the example of your underwear and Iphone is not going through you thick skull :) . I am sitting in Europe and I dont see any "made in India" commodity here markets apart from your masals and veges whereas "Made in China" is written all over. India is not known to outside world are the manufacturer. your current shipping lines are surving you well. So tell me what is the sense of this so called trade corridor?

As i told you before, its all to do with some desperate attempts to sustain the Indian presence inside Afghanistan, nothing more nothing less.

I am asking you in simple plain English as to show me what you lot manufacture that put you at par with China that you will need this thing called north corridor? It seems the example of your underwear and Iphone is not going through you thick skull :) . I am sitting in Europe and I dont see any "made in India" commodity here markets apart from your masals and veges whereas "Made in China" is written all over. India is not known to outside world are the manufacturer. your current shipping lines are surving you well. So tell me what is the sense of this so called trade corridor?

As i told you before, its all to do with some desperate attempts to sustain the Indian presence inside Afghanistan, nothing more nothing less.

It will drastically cut our IMPEX cost to central Asia and Europe, that's it. And Impex in simple English is called Trade.

I'm not gonna reply any further to your trolls. Because "Entrenched belief is never altered by the facts." Period. :(

New York: Washington broadly supports India and Afghanistan signing a deal with Iran for a transport corridor opening up a new route to Afghanistan via the Iranian port of Chabahar, as it outflanks the $46-billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project with Gwadar as its focal point.

Analysts say Washington is acutely aware that China's plans to develop Pakistan's southern coastal fishing town of Gwadar into an economic hub, potentially redraws the region’s geopolitical map. It gives China a new trade link from its relatively undeveloped west to key Arabian Sea shipping routes at the mouth of the oil-rich Persian Gulf — giving it potentially strategic as well as economic leverage.

"The massive Gwadar project reveals China's regional power play. There is no comparison in scale and intent between China’s role in Gwadar and India’s in Chabahar, but the Americans are pleased that India is pushing back against the Chinese expansionist mindset," said author and South Asia expert Adam V Larkey.

"The transport corridor will open up a much-needed independent route to Afghanistan via Iran's Chabahar port circumventing Pakistan. This is significant for India and Afghanistan, whose economic stability in turn, is important to the United States. There are fissures in Pakistan’s relations with the US and Afghanistan, while its ties with old friend China remain rock solid," added Larkey.

The Gwadar project is about more than simple trade — its backers hope that once finished, it will bolster Pakistan's economy and potentially give China's navy access to the Indian Ocean. The plan would also strengthen both China and Pakistan's positions versus India, and hedge against US influence in Asia.

India's Chabahar investment has been pending for years, in part owing to US sanctions against Iran over its nuclear program, many of which were lifted earlier this year. New Delhi will invest $200 million to develop two terminals and five berths at Chabahar.

Gwadar is being built as a commercial port and not as a naval facility for China’s navy — at least for the time being, but it could potentially be developed as one in the future. Situated on a barren, hammerhead-shaped peninsula in the south of insurgency-ridden Balochistan — and just north-east of the strategically important Straits of Hormuz — Pakistan's generals and China's politicians predict the development of Gwadar will be a game-changer.

It would give China a firm and reliable long-term beachhead in the Indian Ocean and close to the Persian Gulf, "effectively making it a two-ocean power," said Claude Rakisits, a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council.

Some US senators were caught off guard by the announcement of the Chabahar port deal, but the Obama administration has batted for India.

"For India to be able to contribute to the economic development of Afghanistan, it needs access that it does not readily have across its land boundary. And India is seeking to deepen its energy relationship with the Central Asian countries and looking for routes that would facilitate that," assistant secretary of state for South Asia Nisha Desai Biswal told the Senate foreign relations committee on Tuesday.

Biswal assured the senators that the Obama administration has been "very clear with the Indians what our security concerns have been and we would continue to engage them on those issues".

http://www.firstpost.com/world/us-b...oject-2799596.html?utm_source=fp_top_internal

Indian interest in Chabahar is expected to die soon. The port is infeasible economically and now becoming unattractive strategically for Indians. Indians were investing a few hundred millions in Chabahar project hoping to use it as a terrorism launching pad against Pakistan. But after the capture of disgraced Indian terrorist mastermind, Naval Commander Kul Bhoshan Jhadev ( AKA the Terrorist Monkey), and subsequent Iranian reaction to Indian terrorism, there is minimal chance for Indians to be able to use Chabahar for unleashing terrorist strikes in Pakistan. Why then stingy Banyia spend even a dollar in Iran. How the Mushrik Hindus could become friends of Iranian Muslims. The two are like fire and water. Since Americans have shared interest to disrupt CPEC, they might be pushing Afghan and Indians act together. However, Afghans will be one of the parties benefitting the most from CPEC, it would be self-defeating move on their part if they agree to accept evil from Modi. It’s worth noting that Iran is missing from the list of constituent countries of the proposed evil alliance.

New York: Washington broadly supports India and Afghanistan signing a deal with Iran for a transport corridor opening up a new route to Afghanistan via the Iranian port of Chabahar, as it outflanks the $46-billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project with Gwadar as its focal point.

Analysts say Washington is acutely aware that China's plans to develop Pakistan's southern coastal fishing town of Gwadar into an economic hub, potentially redraws the region’s geopolitical map. It gives China a new trade link from its relatively undeveloped west to key Arabian Sea shipping routes at the mouth of the oil-rich Persian Gulf — giving it potentially strategic as well as economic leverage.

"The massive Gwadar project reveals China's regional power play. There is no comparison in scale and intent between China’s role in Gwadar and India’s in Chabahar, but the Americans are pleased that India is pushing back against the Chinese expansionist mindset," said author and South Asia expert Adam V Larkey.

"The transport corridor will open up a much-needed independent route to Afghanistan via Iran's Chabahar port circumventing Pakistan. This is significant for India and Afghanistan, whose economic stability in turn, is important to the United States. There are fissures in Pakistan’s relations with the US and Afghanistan, while its ties with old friend China remain rock solid," added Larkey.

The Gwadar project is about more than simple trade — its backers hope that once finished, it will bolster Pakistan's economy and potentially give China's navy access to the Indian Ocean. The plan would also strengthen both China and Pakistan's positions versus India, and hedge against US influence in Asia.

India's Chabahar investment has been pending for years, in part owing to US sanctions against Iran over its nuclear program, many of which were lifted earlier this year. New Delhi will invest $200 million to develop two terminals and five berths at Chabahar.

Gwadar is being built as a commercial port and not as a naval facility for China’s navy — at least for the time being, but it could potentially be developed as one in the future. Situated on a barren, hammerhead-shaped peninsula in the south of insurgency-ridden Balochistan — and just north-east of the strategically important Straits of Hormuz — Pakistan's generals and China's politicians predict the development of Gwadar will be a game-changer.

It would give China a firm and reliable long-term beachhead in the Indian Ocean and close to the Persian Gulf, "effectively making it a two-ocean power," said Claude Rakisits, a senior fellow at the Atlantic Council.

Some US senators were caught off guard by the announcement of the Chabahar port deal, but the Obama administration has batted for India.

"For India to be able to contribute to the economic development of Afghanistan, it needs access that it does not readily have across its land boundary. And India is seeking to deepen its energy relationship with the Central Asian countries and looking for routes that would facilitate that," assistant secretary of state for South Asia Nisha Desai Biswal told the Senate foreign relations committee on Tuesday.

Biswal assured the senators that the Obama administration has been "very clear with the Indians what our security concerns have been and we would continue to engage them on those issues".

http://www.firstpost.com/world/us-b...oject-2799596.html?utm_source=fp_top_internal

Indian interest in Chabahar is expected to die soon. The port is infeasible economically and now becoming unattractive strategically for Indians. Indians were investing a few hundred millions in Chabahar project hoping to use it as a terrorism launching pad against Pakistan. But after the capture of disgraced Indian terrorist mastermind, Naval Commander Kul Bhoshan Jhadev ( AKA the Terrorist Monkey), and subsequent Iranian reaction to Indian terrorism, there is minimal chance for Indians to be able to use Chabahar for unleashing terrorist strikes in Pakistan. Why then stingy Banyia spend even a dollar in Iran. How the Mushrik Hindus could become friends of Iranian Muslims. The two are like fire and water. Since Americans have shared interest to disrupt CPEC, they might be pushing Afghan and Indians act together. However, Afghans will be one of the parties benefiting the most from CPEC, it would be self-defeating move on their part if they agree to accept evil from Modi. It’s worth noting that Iran is missing from the list of constituent countries of the proposd evil alliance.

Back
Top Bottom