What's new

UNSC permanent seat for India

Germany is only worthy candidate among non members just look at their contributions to civilization and on top of that high standard of living.

Germany is only worthy candidate among non members just look at their contributions to civilization and on top of that high standard of living.

But France never accept this. And even USA, they are not going to forget WW2. I think in the current state Brazil is best.

But France never accept this. And even USA, they are not going to forget WW2. I think in the current state Brazil is best.

Brazil has good potential to achieve high per capita, Personally I am of the opinion that if a mistake was done in creating an elite group than either it should be abolished or diluted as much as possible to mitigate any damage. btw I respect high per capita standard of living( Germans etc) achievements more than wielding power through big demography or geography etc.

Brazil has good potential to achieve high per capita, Personally I am of the opinion that if a mistake was done in creating an elite group than either it should be abolished or diluted as much as possible to mitigate any damage. btw I respect high per capita standard of living( Germans etc) achievements more than wielding power through big demography or geography etc.

In current state, you still have a elite group. And High per Capita doesnt matter much in Global power structure, China still have one of the lowest per capita income, but still it under P5. So, I dont think per capita matter much.

In current state, you still have a elite group. And High per Capita doesnt matter much in Global power structure, China still have one of the lowest per capita income, but still it under P5. So, I dont think per capita matter much.

yes I know was just sharing my reason for favoring Germany.

Yeah... Not a priority on Modi's list...

How important is this council anyway these days...Things happening in so many areas Gaza, Ukraine etc, and UN makes a few meek comments here and there but nothing more.

How important is this council anyway these days...Things happening in so many areas Gaza, Ukraine etc, and UN makes a few meek comments here and there but nothing more.

That's because it is the UNSC powers themselves who are involved in those conflicts.

America is known for vetoing any resolution against Israel, and Russia will surely veto any resolution against itself regarding Ukraine.

That's because it is the UNSC powers themselves who are involved in those conflicts.

America is known for vetoing any resolution against Israel, and Russia will surely veto any resolution against itself.

And you will veto any resolution against me if you don't want me to not send Mrs.Dragon pictures of you with a certain Russian lady ! :whistle:

Russia used its veto is the past to stop resolutions against India.
Nowadays nobody brings resolutions aimed against India.

The only benefit I see India getting from UNSC permanent seat is offering our veto to countries like Sri Lanka and Iran to get concessions from them.

Back
Top Bottom