What's new

UNBELIEVABLE: MARCOS Training video!!

The title says CISF but one look and it is clear these are IN MARCOs (gear, uniform, patches, training and swagger!!)- they are parachuting onto IN ships FFS!

The first video of it kind IMO- JUST AWESOME!!

That medal is not bought... it is earned. Proud of MARCOs and proud to have family members serving. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a training video from 2002-2003. Here is one from 2012:

Best World Parkour 2012 - YouTube

;D

Parkour? This seems like an interesting addition to my skill set. I am a sprinter myself but the moves these guys are doing are simply superb. Unfortunately, I neither have time for Parkour nor there's a training group here around my place. But we have the massive Himalayan mountains here that help us boost our stamina to much higher levels that any sprinter or athlete from the plains. :D.

Vishakapatnam is called vizag in short.

When the MARCOS was formed 3 officers were sent to the US for BUDS with the SEALs and this continued for a few years,then these officers created a tad harder and different selection procedure for the MARCOS.

I did ask an officer friend in the "Predators" if MARCOS was a mirror image of BUDS he said its very much different.

I did read a post in BR by an ex-navy rupert who was in Bombay when the MARCOS returned from BUDS in 1988,these guys who were the starters used to and maybe still wear the SEAL Trident on their uniform.Since BUDS trainees have a high protein diet and our chaps were very lean the SEALs out of their allowance provided high protein diets to our chaps back in those days.The bond between the MARCOS and SEALs is strong,what is exactly the relationship between the MARCOS and SBS maybe some ex ruperts on BR might know and I'd love to know that.The story on the MARCOS is waiting to be written for us folks.

Coming to the SBS I just read a book "First into Action" by Duncan Falconer an ex-SBS who was with 14 Det. its one rare book on the SBS though a lot of SAS bashing there(something as an hardcore SAS fan I didn't like) .If you have read Andy McNabs books in one of his books "Seven Troop" there is a guy called Snapper who was in the Embassy Seige,Mirbat and one amazing bloke,he also featured in the Weaponology SAS episode as Pete Winner.He wrote a book called "Soldier I" got it today will start reading it tomorrow,do read these 2 books mate.Some more:

1)Warrior Soul-Chuck Pfarrer(EX DEVGRU)Simply amazing
2)SEAL Team Six-Howard Wasdin(EX DEVGRU Was in the black hawk down incident)-this book has a few lessons on dealing with hardships if one understands them.
3)Inside SEAL Team Six-Don Mann(EX DEVGRU) will be buying it in the end of the month.

I'd say MARCOs-SBS interaction was very minimal if at all tbh, the SBS is a small orginsation as it is and conducts very few drill with any foreign navy. I have a friend who's dad is ex-Royal Marine and ex SBS and he told me he saw very little outside the UK (even when he was in SBS) apart from a couple of trips to US and Cyprus (even then trained with regular SEALs not DEVGRU). Wheras I know for a fact a small group of MARCOs go to US to train with SEALs (i have heard DEVGRU have trained with MARCOs) every few years and a similar case happens in reverse with SEALs coming to India. (Also I have heard from an old teacher of mine- ex RM- he holds Indian army/SF in VERY high regard, I think he trained with PARA (SF) at HAWS).

The title says CISF but one look and it is clear these are IN MARCOs (gear, uniform, patches, training and swagger!!)- they are parachuting onto IN ships FFS!

The first video of it kind IMO- JUST AWESOME!!

Thanks thousand times. :) Awesome, ultimate find mate. MOST SECRETIVE OF THE THREE SERVICES SPECIAL FORCES AND BEST EQUIPPED, TRAINED.

Sharing a pic......... You may have seen it before.. but posing again....

MARCOS taking oath with blood..... :tup:
1zcfgk2.jpg

Frogmen.... MARCOS in J&K
2ktv8.jpg

2jfksbl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if our guys keep practicing like this no wonder we are short of ammo

Thanks thousand times. :) Awesome, ultimate find mate. MOST SECRETIVE OF THE THREE SERVICES SPECIAL FORCES AND BEST EQUIPPED, TRAINED.

Sharing a pic......... You may have seen it before.. but posing again....

MARCOS taking oath with blood..... :tup:
1zcfgk2.jpg

Frogmen.... MARCOS in J&K
2ktv8.jpg

2jfksbl.jpg

Are you a Navy kid?

I'd say MARCOs-SBS interaction was very minimal if at all tbh, the SBS is a small orginsation as it is and conducts very few drill with any foreign navy. I have a friend who's dad is ex-Royal Marine and ex SBS and he told me he saw very little outside the UK (even when he was in SBS) apart from a couple of trips to US and Cyprus (even then trained with regular SEALs not DEVGRU). Wheras I know for a fact a small group of MARCOs go to US to train with SEALs (i have heard DEVGRU have trained with MARCOs) every few years and a similar case happens in reverse with SEALs coming to India. (Also I have heard from an old teacher of mine- ex RM- he holds Indian army/SF in VERY high regard, I think he trained with PARA (SF) at HAWS).

Yes the SEALs part is true but maybe I dont think the DEVGRU part is we have just become allies with the US and its only the really strong NATO allies that cross train with DELTA and DEVGRU who knows maybe it might be right.

The SBS part yes maybe right SBS I think is around 120 members or so.Your RM teacher is right too Royal Marines have been undergoing Mountain Warfare training at HAWS for the last few years.

I did hear a few years back the Kuwait Navy sent some blokes for MARCOS training and all of them went back saying the training was inhuman,those chaps also asked for air conditioned rooms lol.

lol I took those pics from web.

Well the kids got to be Navy brats because kids whose fathers arent MARCOS but high ranking officers and ofcourse the MARCOS officer kids meet the MARCOS.I knew a kid whose dad is still a Cdr. in the MARCOS that moron wrote in some community on orkut long back that his father is in the MARCOS and I think he posted pics too of him firing an MP-5 at the MARCOS range in vizag.

Since MARCOS officers families stay in the same cantt. the families know very well that the man in their house is a MARCO the crap about the MARCOS not telling wives that they are MARCOS is crap itself,the MARCOS there every now and then teach these kids basic diving skills in the pool area of the cantt.

But even though with all the secrecy of the MARCOS I will say one thing the true Quiet Professionals are the Para(SF) I have had the privilege of meeting one of them.These guys are so humble,laid back but dead serious about their skills.Hardly do they discuss about their professional lives,we saw in Jai Jawan how quiet these guys were.They arent arrogant by one bit.If I ever grow a pair I'd volunteer for them without a second thought.

Well the kids got to be Navy brats because kids whose fathers arent MARCOS but high ranking officers and ofcourse the MARCOS officer kids meet the MARCOS.I knew a kid whose dad is still a Cdr. in the MARCOS that moron wrote in some community on orkut long back that his father is in the MARCOS and I think he posted pics too of him firing an MP-5 at the MARCOS range in vizag.

Since MARCOS officers families stay in the same cantt. the families know very well that the man in their house is a MARCO the crap about the MARCOS not telling wives that they are MARCOS is crap itself,the MARCOS there every now and then teach these kids basic diving skills in the pool area of the cantt.

But even though with all the secrecy of the MARCOS I will say one thing the true Quiet Professionals are the Para(SF) I have had the privilege of meeting one of them.These guys are so humble,laid back but dead serious about their skills.Hardly do they discuss about their professional lives,we saw in Jai Jawan how quiet these guys were.They arent arrogant by one bit.If I ever grow a pair I'd volunteer for them without a second thought.

Now you're right, the talk that MARCO's families not knowing what they do is BS and would be impossible to enforce as how can you control what goes on behind closed doors? And you can't expect these families to move from pillar to post with no justification or keep them in the dark about the risk their men face. I'd say there was a fair amount of pride these families take in having their men in such a unit but they keep their secret to others/extended family. There's a reason you'll find it near impossible to find any account of an ex-MARCO (even IA SF are very secretive in comparison to western SF), it is not the pay but pride and respect for others still serving. Truly a cut above these guys, utterly selfless and true patriots.

Once I met one guy who told me that he is from Navy. And when I asked what you do in Navy he replied that he is in special forces.

He surprised when I told him 'oh Marcos' asked me how do you know?..

Well could not talk to him much coz that was my wedding day and he was from my wife's side.

Once I met one guy who told me that he is from Navy. And when I asked what you do in Navy he replied that he is in special forces.

He surprised when I told him 'oh Marcos' asked me how do you know?..

Well could not talk to him much coz that was my wedding day and he was from my wife's side.

Oh shame, haven't you got a chance to speak to him since?

+ it would certainly incentivise me to go to weddings if I thought I would run into a Spec Op operator!

Oh shame, haven't you got a chance to speak to him since?

+ it would certainly incentivise me to go to weddings if I thought I would run into a Spec Op operator!

No man, he was residing other city and came only for wedding. I did ask some questions, where is he deputed now.....where has he been for joint exercise, how he got recruited...and his future plans etc.(I feel not good to share here) I was not lucky enough to hear his 'action' stories though. I think even his family does not know he is in such a force.

Back
Top Bottom