What's new

UNBELIEVABLE: MARCOS Training video!!

@Abingdon Boy

If your are a member of Bharat Rakshak please post this video in their Indian SF thread would love to see their responses.

Can't see the video because bloody content mafia GEMA says it contains music that didn't pay GEMA fee in Germany. :sniper:

Götterdämmerung;2669598 said:
Can't see the video because bloody content mafia GEMA says it contains music that didn't pay GEMA fee in Germany. :sniper:

That's a shame, try using a proxy server:

Free Proxy Server - FreeProxyServer

this ones from Canada, hopefully it works for you.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

@Abingdon Boy

If your are a member of Bharat Rakshak please post this video in their Indian SF thread would love to see their responses.

It's funny I was going to ask members here if anyone could do just that for the reason you gave! I had an account but due to their stringent rules when I left my school (and hence lost my school email) I couldn't log on anymore. Are you aware of anyone here with an account on BR?

That's a shame, try using a proxy server:

Free Proxy Server - FreeProxyServer

this ones from Canada, hopefully it works for you.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

It's funny I was going to ask members here if anyone could do just that for the reason you gave! I had an account but due to their stringent rules when I left my school (and hence lost my school email) I couldn't log on anymore. Are you aware of anyone here with an account on BR?

Just check with Skull and Bones

It's not particularly recent but not 90s, more likely 2004/5-

still better than nothing!!
This vid is probably of post 2004 vintage as the background music has been taken from the film 'LAKSHYA'.

Good find! :tup: But do you guys even have a clue as to what it takes to go through that training? That's where the boys give way to the men! They're bad a$$ to the core! And when your hands are tied behind your back and made to swim to the other side of the canal, you'll get an idea what this training is all about! It so tough, it sucks! And it's not just the MARCOS. The Para Commandos go through the same grind - except parachuting on an aircraft carrier!! :woot:

Cheers!

This vid is probably of post 2004 vintage as the background music has been taken from the film 'LAKSHYA'.

Good find! :tup: But do you guys even have a clue as to what it takes to go through that training? That's where the boys give way to the men! They're bad a$$ to the core! And when your hands are tied behind your back and made to swim to the other side of the canal, you'll get an idea what this training is all about! It so tough, it sucks! And it's not just the MARCOS. The Para Commandos go through the same grind - except parachuting on an aircraft carrier!! :woot:

Cheers!

That is drownproofing all combat divers be it SEALs,MARCOS,Para(SF),Green Berets go through it.Their training is hard shite hard the injuries sometimes are horrible.

I remember when I went to HMI for mountaineering course we had to hump 25 km in darjeeling with a 35 pound ruck,we were half dead in the end when one of the instructors there who was with the army said para(SF),SAS do it everyday as part of their selection with 80 pounds on their back and distances are well like 65-70 kms on bad terrains,time limits are there not to mention they have to navigate on their own.That scared the shite out of all of us.

If one wants to see what these men go through do see on youtube the documentary made by discovery "Navy SEALs BUDS Class 234" and the Green Berets "Two weeks in Hell".Just for an eg in just the first 2 hours of BUDS on day one SEAL aspirants do about 700 push ups,4 mile run to be done in 32 minutes and a few other hundred pull ups and other exercises not to mention another 14 hours of physical torture to follow and that is not even Hell Week.

That is drownproofing all combat divers be it SEALs,MARCOS,Para(SF),Green Berets go through it.Their training is hard shite hard the injuries sometimes are horrible.

I remember when I went to HMI for mountaineering course we had to hump 25 km in darjeeling with a 35 pound ruck,we were half dead in the end when one of the instructors there who was with the army said para(SF),SAS do it everyday as part of their selection with 80 pounds on their back and distances are well like 65-70 kms on bad terrains,time limits are there not to mention they have to navigate on their own.That scared the shite out of all of us.

If one wants to see what these men go through do see on youtube the documentary made by discovery "Navy SEALs BUDS Class 234" and the Green Berets "Two weeks in Hell".Just for an eg in just the first 2 hours of BUDS on day one SEAL aspirants do about 700 push ups,4 mile run to be done in 32 minutes and a few other hundred pull ups and other exercises not to mention another 14 hours of physical torture to follow and that is not even Hell Week.

No doubt about it SF of any nation are a hard bunch of fellas, it is not hard to see why they are somtimes referred to (wrongly) as arrogant or with "swagger".

+I've heard that MARCOs selection/training is modeled on SEALs BUDs but is tailored to MARCOs and in many cases harder (if you can believe it).

Pure awesomeness the video is ...And Thanks a ton man Abingdonboy!!. Would love to know how this video came up.

This does seem to be a recruiting video because all hush hush units like Delta,DEVGRU,SAS,SBS have some kind of recruiting material but distributed within the forces only.MARCOS(E) which I think is in vizag seem to have gotten such a recruiting video made so as to attract more volunteers as both Army SF and MARCOS have been told to expand.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Yes target dictates weapons,weapons dictate movement.

With Navy SF's if they are going to go in a ship they prefer MP-5 non-ball ammo as its not good to use high velocity 5.56 rounds inside a ship.Hence when in a ship SEALs,SBS,MARCOS still prefer using MP-5,DEVGRU seems to be using MP-7 now.

Actually the detachment MARCOS (EAST) are based in Visakhapatnam with the other two MARCOs bases being Mumbai (West), Cochin (South).

Actually the detachment MARCOS (EAST) are based in Visakhapatnam with the other two MARCOs bases being Mumbai (West), Cochin (South).

Vishakapatnam is called vizag in short.

When the MARCOS was formed 3 officers were sent to the US for BUDS with the SEALs and this continued for a few years,then these officers created a tad harder and different selection procedure for the MARCOS.

I did ask an officer friend in the "Predators" if MARCOS was a mirror image of BUDS he said its very much different.

I did read a post in BR by an ex-navy rupert who was in Bombay when the MARCOS returned from BUDS in 1988,these guys who were the starters used to and maybe still wear the SEAL Trident on their uniform.Since BUDS trainees have a high protein diet and our chaps were very lean the SEALs out of their allowance provided high protein diets to our chaps back in those days.The bond between the MARCOS and SEALs is strong,what is exactly the relationship between the MARCOS and SBS maybe some ex ruperts on BR might know and I'd love to know that.The story on the MARCOS is waiting to be written for us folks.

Coming to the SBS I just read a book "First into Action" by Duncan Falconer an ex-SBS who was with 14 Det. its one rare book on the SBS though a lot of SAS bashing there(something as an hardcore SAS fan I didn't like) .If you have read Andy McNabs books in one of his books "Seven Troop" there is a guy called Snapper who was in the Embassy Seige,Mirbat and one amazing bloke,he also featured in the Weaponology SAS episode as Pete Winner.He wrote a book called "Soldier I" got it today will start reading it tomorrow,do read these 2 books mate.Some more:

1)Warrior Soul-Chuck Pfarrer(EX DEVGRU)Simply amazing
2)SEAL Team Six-Howard Wasdin(EX DEVGRU Was in the black hawk down incident)-this book has a few lessons on dealing with hardships if one understands them.
3)Inside SEAL Team Six-Don Mann(EX DEVGRU) will be buying it in the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom