What's new

UAE, Pakistan and Mirage 2000-9s

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can get mirages from uae at good price and it can be stop gap but we still be behind our enemy after few years.

Now we should clearly move forward and think about next generation. Old planes can be bought cheap but will be expensive to repair and time comsuming.

We should invest in new research and development and should invest more in anti air craft missile technologies.

Some thing dramatic is suerly about to come....

No none knows, what and how however, few are confident and hoping for more best.... I have no issues from many point of views and am looking at the things turning in favour but may take a little bit more but it isn't late and all we need to keep in check is the, conspirator.....

Sure.... 1000%
If we are getting UAE-mirages than India is not getting Raffales... if you see Indians poking other suppliers, its already a sign!

India cannot back-off from Rafale at all and also, cannot stop Mirages to PAF at all as we are talking Frenace here so it is all about Money and India cannot influence after mere 36 purchase... If the game is to be played like this, see UAE influence as well and our recent MoU with France, speaks volume of our relations that are not totally in cold storage. India has to pay for the same more than what PAF is paying, along with Rafale money to influence but then it comes to UAE investment so will India try to off-set that too...... The so-called attempt to damage Pakistan - UAE relations through different media conspiracies, has no weight in these circumstances.

And what if the news of 75 billions FDI by UAE in India and invitation of UAE king to Indian national day is true. Your thoughts ?

Corporate relations wouldn't effect that much when it comes to strategic, otherwise, UAE is independent to call the shots. Ambassador was here about PSE investment and interested to invest. It is all about diplomacy and India can play her card by this way and we will be doing on other parameters found beneficial for us and UAE. There are other concerns that both countries are on same point of view now despite a bitter time in past over Military help.

Corporate relations wouldn't effect that much when it comes to strategic, otherwise, UAE is independent to call the shots. Ambassador was here about PSE investment and interested to invest. It is all about diplomacy and India can play her card by this way and we will be doing on other parameters found beneficial for us and UAE. There are other concerns that both countries are on same point of view now despite a bitter time in past over Military help.

Agreed, I think India is a larger market so it is natural that business oriented minds will get attracted towards it. However, from a strategic point of view, Pakistan and UAE relations can see some ups and downs, but relation will remain intact, at least for the near future.

Don't think J-10s are free, 65 million per plane or more.

Nothing is Free ... you pay one way or another , if you know what i mean .

what else Pakistan can give in exchange of $?

Push your Politicians to slow the Work on CPEC and Gwadar ..

A totally new game plan for the battle----as I have stated many a times---JF17 is a great aircraft in its own merit---but it is not an aircraft for a nation whose air force desperately needs to fill in huge holes left by obsolete aircraft---.

within just 5 years from now , these Huge Holes will turn into Giant Black holes which will suck PAF and tear it apart .. we have no long term Planning , we have no visible Investment in any Future 5th Gen Aircraft .. and yet we expect our highly skilled Pilots to fly 30 years old fighters and take on 300 MKI, 36 Rafale and 50+ Mirage 2000-9..
May God Bless our Pilots if a full scale war broke out ..

Nothing is Free ... you pay one way or another , if you know what i mean .

Push your Politicians to slow the Work on CPEC and Gwadar ..

within just 5 years from now , these Huge Holes will turn into Giant Black holes which will suck PAF and tear it apart .. we have no long term Planning , we have no visible Investment in any Future 5th Gen Aircraft .. and yet we expect our highly skilled Pilots to fly 30 years old fighters and take on 300 MKI, 36 Rafale and 50+ Mirage 2000-9..
May God Bless our Pilots if a full scale war broke out ..

Hi,

You are right about that---. Our expectations have nothing to do over here---.

The question over here is---that have we the nation been SABOTAGED by Paf hierarchy by not following a continuous and sustained procurement program.

If you buy a J31 today---you are 10-15 years away from totally integrating it into service----because as it is a brand new aircraft---we don't know its strengths and weaknesses---how to send it to combat---how to work on it---how to make pilots familiar with it---we simply do not have an existing operational manual for this aircraft---. Everthing that has to be done to this aircraft---has to be done by us.

Same thing with the JF17---an excellent aircraft---but everything that needs to be done to it---we have to do it---the successes and failures and time delays are all ours.

That is why I have stated---that these projects are great for a nation---that is not in fear of a war---but for a nation that has a sword dangling over its head 24/7---it does not make sense.

For that reason---I have stated---the moment the J10 became available---the JF17 aircraft program became redundant---the success of this aircraft ---the J10 depended on the deep pockets of the chinese----.

It is their blue eyed baby---their pride and joy---and all the investment and research that they have done on it---it shows.

Exactly, if PAF buy these old M2K it means we are giving message to our JFT buyers that old rusty Mirages are better than new JFT. we must utilize this money in another production line of JFT then we can produce 40 to 50 A/C in a year so can speed up the replacing phase of old jets

Hi,

Those buyers---neither they are stupid---nor they are idiots---. Their need and desire to own a JF17 has nothing to do with our purchase of the 2000-9's---.

They have their needs and we have our needs---. Military procurement is not bying one brand of computer over the other---.

Our seller market for the JF17 is a CAPTIVE market---meaning---the buyer does not have too many or hardly any choices for the package that we will offer.

The buyer also knows that we need to fill in a hole on fastrack.

Last edited:
There are conflicting opinions here abut M2K purchase option from UAE.

I am in favour of getting these planes as PAF has always mixed old and new tech planes. It is still relying on mirage 3 n 5 which are more than 35-40 years old and also aging F7 are present in our inventory in large numbers.

Although, JF 17 is coming up to fill up this gap but it will take many years as block 2 then block 3 definitely need more time and tech to be input.

While thee is an urgent requirement of replacing 190 planes. This could cause to shrink PAF inventory.
Therefore, It is better to select and avail such option which economical suits PAF to fill gap with comparatively better tech plane such as M2K.

Mean while PAF should keep on struggling to get few sqds of High Tech advanced planes 4.5 and 5 th generation planes to meet challenges.

Hope to see M2K deal to be materialize soon.
Love to see them in PAF colour scheme.
Aameen.

The time to consider buying the Mirage 2000 was back in the 80's not 2017.

PAF is no position to turn its nose up to a Mirage2000/9 type of combat plane.

The Mirage2000/9 IS EVERY BIT the equal of a F16/52

The Mirage2000/9 IS SUPERIOR to everything else in PAF today that includes JF17 and the F16 15/30 especially the F7/mirage5 which are from a whole generation earlier

Where the Mirage2000/9 SCORES over 90% of the PAF is its mix of HMD/MICA combination & the far m ore reliable engine technology of the French fighters over the Russian chinmesase fighters.

If PAF buys the planes they may get the unused storm shadow ASM and MICA BVRS, too

One warning IF you approach the French for upgrades or additional weapons GET READY to pay a KINGS RANSOM

PAF is no position to turn its nose up to a Mirage2000/9 type of combat plane.

The Mirage2000/9 IS EVERY BIT the equal of a F16/52

The Mirage2000/9 IS SUPERIOR to everything else in PAF today that includes JF17 and the F16 15/30 especially the F7/mirage5 which are from a whole generation earlier

Where the Mirage2000/9 SCORES over 90% of the PAF is its mix of HMD/MICA combination & the far m ore reliable engine technology of the French fighters over the Russian chinmesase fighters.

If PAF buys the planes they may get the unused storm shadow ASM and MICA BVRS, too

One warning IF you approach the French for upgrades or additional weapons GET READY to pay a KINGS RANSOM

You are in no position to answer for PAF, as usual you have no clue nor the knowledge in what you are talking about ... me and many others will be laughing at you when and if something goes down with this deal or anything else the last laugh will be on you as always. Seriously man find something more productive with your life then hate for Pakistan.

Last edited:
You are in position to answer for PAF, as usual you have no clue what you are talking about ... me and many others will be laughing at you when and if something goes down with this deal the last laugh will be on you as always. Seriously man find something more productive with your life then hate for Pakistan.

Theres no hate JUST the reality

PAF according to the multiple threads opened in here are buying or assessing

SU35 from Russia
J31 from China ( which does not exist yet)
F16/52 from USA
used F16 from Jordan
AND now for the 3rd time in 12 months UAE Mirage2000/9

Your correct I am talking rubbish when I say nothing will happen ........YOUR CORRECT

BUT TRACK RECORD suggests something else

Theres no hate JUST the reality

PAF according to the multiple threads opened in here are buying or assessing

SU35 from Russia
J31 from China ( which does not exist yet)
F16/52 from USA
used F16 from Jordan
AND now for the 3rd time in 12 months UAE Mirage2000/9

Your correct I am talking rubbish when I say nothing will happen ........YOUR CORRECT

BUT TRACK RECORD suggests something else

Time shall tell , meanwhile you don't loose sleep over it ok ;)

How much was Indian M2k upgrade contract worth?

UAE bought the 2000-9s in early 2000s, plus, it is UAE, I would hardly call a plane used by Arab air forces as used and abused(no offence). Plus, immediate addition of 50+ jet fighters would allow us to retire our very own "flying coffins" the mirage IIIs and Vs at once. current rate of production of JF-17 is 16 per year, i.e 3 years to replace 48 jets. Same may be the case with J-10C. Whereas this aircraft is somewhat in the same class as F-16. and instantly available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom