What's new

UAE, Pakistan and Mirage 2000-9s

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I would like to know is, if the UAE is selling us M29's, what will it replace them with in it's fleet?

It simply cannot remove 68 aircraft from its inventory and leave a gaping hole in its capability without, replacing it with some other front line aircrafts.
UAE wants new F-16 Blk 61 and also upgrade its existing, Blk -60 to 61.. it has been negotiating for its own version of the Rafale for more than 8 years and still waiting.. it will only sell its specific made 2K-9 (everything else in other air forces are 2K-5) when it gets potent replacements, most probably a combination of F-16 Blk 61 and its own Blk/version of the Rafale.., So it should not be expected to see the UAE Mirages available before around 5 years..

1484736888.jpg

There is talk that lately-appointed Chief of General Staff of the Pakistani Army General Qamar Javed Bajwa intends to reactivate contacts with the UAE to buy the Emirati Mirage 2000-9 fighter jets in favor of Pakistan Air Force (PAF). The following 348-word report sheds more light on the subject and tells what about the Emirati reaction.

- See more at: http://www.tacticalreport.com/view_news/UAE-Pakistan-and-Mirage-2000-9s/5264#sthash.FAj297sf.dpuf

from the info. above, as yet its a rumor but if the developments are as described, its already quite interesting news !
I guess, whole process will be term wise and deal would be for all mirrages which UAE have #60
Big question... where did India (chalak billi) goofed up?
Whereas, without promise of spares supply from Dassault, Pakistan may not have jumped into it.
Good thing for Pakistan: it already have operational and service setup and can simply phaseout old mirrages and replace them with upgraded and younger frames.
Suerly a bad news for Indo/Irani friends, who have worked hard in past few years to dug a gulf of difference and resentment between UAE & Pakistan. Still its not over yet, India would like to sabotage this deal at any cost, and would not mind spending few million$ on hypocrites of Pakistan and in parallel will suerly exploit pro Iran lobby, to start new wave of badmouthing and spread disinformation!
@MastanKhan @Khafee

Well interesting if we can get 50 of these and get the upgraded but still Pakistan should try for either SU-35 or EuroFighter

So you are not happy... and i see its without reason ! :suicide:
No surprise there.... what so ever. :lol:

from the info. above, as yet its a rumor but if the developments are as described, its already quite interesting news !
I guess, whole process will be term wise and deal would be for all mirrages which UAE have #60
Big question... where did India (chalak billi) goofed up?
Whereas, without promise of spares supply from Dassault, Pakistan may not have jumped into it.
Good thing for Pakistan: it already have operational and service setup and can simply phaseout old mirrages and replace them with upgraded and younger frames.
Suerly a bad news for Indo/Irani friends, who had worked hard in past few years to dug a gulf of difference and resentment between UAE & Pakistan.
Still its not over yet, India would like to sabotage this deal at any cost, and would not mind spend few million$ on hypocrites of Pakistan and can also exploit pro Iran lobby to start new wave of badmouthing and spread disinformation!
@MastanKhan @Khafee
Also when UAE buys any weapon system, it makes sure that it has enough weapons/munitions and spare parts to last for more than 10 years, and since these 2K-9s are very well maintained and have "low mileage", they might still come with a lot of weaponry and spare parts from the UAE itself to last for 5, 6 or more years.. India will have no leverage on this.. Pakistan still can go for more French spare parts with peace of mind and time on its side..

=======================================

Mirage 2000-9

The Mirage 2000-9, advanced multi-role combat aircraft, is the last version ever produced of the Mirage 2000 family.

Adopted by nine air forces worldwide, 550 Mirage 2000 are currently in service, logging over 1,540,000 flying hours.

Operated in a wide variety of environment ranging from deserts to humid tropical countries, including polar and high-elevation area, deployed in many international training exercises and engaged in various fields of operation, the Mirage 2000 is a world reference in terms of availability and maintenance. Its interoperability and its performance have been well proven in combat.

Mirage 2000-9: the most advanced version in the
Mirage 2000 family

The Mirage 2000-9 design has taken advantage of this huge feed-back experience from the onset of the program to improve the aircraft, the navigation and weapon system, and to implement new functionalities.

As an example, operational experience especially within multinational forces, has shown the need for an increased fuel capacity and firing power.

This requirement has been fulfilled, among others, with the introduction into operational service within UAE AF & AD (United Arab Emirates Air Force & Air Defense) of the Mirage 2000-9, which is a significant upgrade from the previous versions of the Mirage 2000-5 series.

The Mirage 2000-9 integrates
– the additional operating capabilities specified and tailored by the UAE AF & AD,
– together with a lots of new technologies
– and functionalities directly issued from the experience gained from the RAFALE aircraft development.

Mirage 2000-9: a very ambitious program

This Mirage 2000-9 version is a very ambitious and successful program which embedded an incomparable number of new capabilities:

Navigation and Weapon System:
Modular avionics, new RDY-2 multimode radar, digital terrain following system, new IMEWS countermeasures suite, Thomrad radio with frequency evasion and enhanced encoding, glass cockpit with new LCD visualisations, 4-display digital recording system and night vision goggles compatibility, tactical data-link, gyro-Iaser inertial navigation system, navigation Forward Looking Infra-Red system (NAHAR)….

Air-to-Air role:
A unique capability available on the Mirage 2000-9 version, allows to use simultaneously IR and EM MICA in BVR mode (Beyond Visual Range) to deceive electronic warfare system of the target.

Air-to-Ground strikes:
Conventional bombs, day/night video and laser-guided bombs, “Black Shaheen” stand-off cruise missiles, long range recce pod, and “SHEHAB” laser designation pod.

Plus an in-flight refuelling capacity and the automatic speed control system thanks to the implementation of the autothrottle function.

Modular avionics and countermeasures suite are particularly worth mentioning in view of their unusual nature.

The Mirage 2000-9 is equipped with a pioneering IT “core system” architecture as of last generation aircraft (Rafale, F-22 & F-35/JSF).

When it comes to countermeasures, they break new ground by adopting interferometry technology, providing the aircraft with high self-protection capability and accurate EW threats localisation.

349311.jpg

mirage2000-9.jpg

India will have no leverage on this..
Remember, Mirrage is the most favortie aircraft in IAF.
Its simply their politicians who fuckedup here big time, while plyaing clever.
I suspect the killing of UAE diplomats has backfired, otherwise India was well on its way to isolate Pakistan from UAE.
I'm already expecting few attacks on Arabs in Pakistan... i hope army has taken enough security measures for UAE, Bahraini and Saudi diplomats and their assets in Pakistan.
As first step, airports must be on high high alert, as we speak.

lol, this aircraft has been out of production for a decade and India already has an upgraded variant of it.
lol.. and yet Pakistan dare to operate 50 years old mirages!
so.. what do you suggest in the end? should we scrap our immediately!

Navigation and Weapon System:
Modular avionics, new RDY-2 multimode radar, digital terrain following system, new IMEWS countermeasures suite, Thomrad radio with frequency evasion and enhanced encoding, glass cockpit with new LCD visualisations, 4-display digital recording system and night vision goggles compatibility, tactical data-link, gyro-Iaser inertial navigation system, navigation Forward Looking Infra-Red system (NAHAR)….
Im already horny.....

Remember, Mirrage is the most favortie aircraft in IAF.
Its simply their politicians who fuckedup here big time, while plyaing clever.
I suspect the killing of UAE diplomats has backfired, otherwise India was well on its way to isolate Pakistan from UAE.
I'm already expecting few attacks on Arabs in Pakistan... i hope army has taken enough security measures for UAE, Bahraini and Saudi diplomats and their assets in Pakistan.
As first step, airports must be on high high alert, as we speak.
I agree with you, since very recently there was an attack in Baluchistan against a UAE prince and his convoy who went hunting some birds..
Also India does not have the advanced K2-9 tech which is close to the Rafale tech on its K2-5, so this is the other reason I agree with you ..

If so, this will be huge boost for PAF.
China should fund this deal... in ful!
You never know... Taiwan may beat Pakistan to it... actually there are reasonable chances for it!

Some thing dramatic is suerly about to come....

Why are we even thinking about Mirage-2000??????????
Trust me.. this was way above our dreams.

India just paid fortune to catchup the ''junk''.

The only concern would be aircraft service and support .
Not for PAC ;)

Whats the purpose ? I dont see any considerable advantage in Mirage vis-a-vis Thunder. So, why not go for more JF17 and spend the money on its R&D.
Just peek into this link:
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/mirage/

India must have a condition for France in Rafale Contract, mentioned to stop such further sales to Pakistan or who knows.
Sure.... 1000%
If we are getting UAE-mirages than India is not getting Raffales... if you see Indians poking other suppliers, its already a sign!

Last edited:
Until now, what is the French attitude of UAE transferring M2k9 to PAF?

Its a stupid idea to buy Mirages unless they are giving it for free as we should rather focus on using the same money to improve JF-17.
it's a stupid idea....... I agree with you :sarcastic:
FREE :nono:

Until now, what is the French attitude of UAE transferring M2k9 to PAF?
French have no love lost for Pakistan.... they simply want to sell some Rafale and its no secret.

Mirage-2000-9's wont be coming for Free .. if not money UAE will ask for other benefits , who knows what they ask for ..

what else Pakistan can give in exchange of $?

It will be stupid to buy those due to several reasons.
Kindly state one?

J10 is paf's best bet!!!
Can you write email to PAF, directly?

Why Army involving in Air Force matter???
i can imagine your nightmares... sorry, those may be true!

:p:
View attachment 369492
View attachment 369493
Payloads also mentioned. More and more Mirage 3 are being assigned to strategic role I think. If it is supposed to be a Mirage 3 replacement, then it can't be a J-10 because of that (a possible reason). Of course with a future, smaller strategic ALCM all bets are off and I'm just a crazy person with MS Paint.
J10A/b/c can carries ALCM, cause Chinese version is smaller size. We saw the picture in Red Sword excercise year 2016.

China should fund this deal... in ful!
You never know... Taiwan may beat Pakistan to it... actually there are reasonable chances for it!

Some thing dramatic is suerly about to come....

Trust me.. this was way above our dreams.

India just paid fortune to catchup the ''junk''.

Not for PAC ;)

Just peek into this link:
http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/mirage/

Sure.... 1000%
If we are getting UAE-mirages than India is not getting Raffales... if you see Indians poking other suppliers, its already a sign!
If UAE sells these fighter to Taiwan, China will break ties with them immediately. UAE is a firm supporter of one China policy, they won't give up China for ROC. If China is there to fund, I think we will fund J10 series.

Last edited:
1484736888.jpg

There is talk that lately-appointed Chief of General Staff of the Pakistani Army General Qamar Javed Bajwa intends to reactivate contacts with the UAE to buy the Emirati Mirage 2000-9 fighter jets in favor of Pakistan Air Force (PAF). The following 348-word report sheds more light on the subject and tells what about the Emirati reaction.

- See more at: http://www.tacticalreport.com/view_news/UAE-Pakistan-and-Mirage-2000-9s/5264#sthash.FAj297sf.dpuf

what does Mirage 2000-9 offer that a JF-17 blk 2 doesn't??

nonetheless Mirage-2000 is in my all time favorite list.

UAE bought the 2000-9s in early 2000s, plus, it is UAE, I would hardly call a plane used by Arab air forces as used and abused(no offence). Plus, immediate addition of 50+ jet fighters would allow us to retire our very own "flying coffins" the mirage IIIs and Vs at once. current rate of production of JF-17 is 16 per year, i.e 3 years to replace 48 jets. Same may be the case with J-10C. Whereas this aircraft is somewhat in the same class as F-16. and instantly available.

Trust me they've been used a lot by the UAEAF. They have guys who have 3000 hours on the Mirage 2000.

The UAE has 36 multirole Mirage 2000 fighters that have been in service since 1986, 30 of which have been extensively refurbished and then upgraded to the same standard as the newer fleet of 32 Mirage 2000-9s delivered starting in 2003 by France's Dassault Aviation.

The 3,000 hours would have been logged on the original 36.
So 32 pretty new and an important reserve for maintenance?

Just thinking out loud, sorry, Tay.

The main advantage Mirage 2000 brings with it is fast integration of A/C in PAF system and war doctrine. It will replace its predecessor Mirage III of which PAF has a lot of experience and knowledge and it has a well defined role. JF17 not being able to carry Ra'ad ALCM due to its shorter legs will be happy to delegate this role to Mirage 2000-9.
Furthermore, PAF has a lot of infrastructure to support Mirage III and MRF can upgraded to be used with M2k-9s.

Hi,

Most posters have no concept of what you stated---" fast integration "---. They have no concept about the time it would take to " integrate " the JF17 BLK 3 when it comes out---.

A totally new game plan for the battle----as I have stated many a times---JF17 is a great aircraft in its own merit---but it is not an aircraft for a nation whose air force desperately needs to fill in huge holes left by obsolete aircraft---.

The true mettle of people comes forth when an attractive prospect comes along to divert them from their principles.

Our principles: increased indigenization leading to indigenous 5+ gen fighter and short term risk mitigation through acquiring advanced jet like FC31 or latest block F16 or eurofighter. How does mirage 2000-9 stack up against these options?

Reactions: HRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom