What's new

UAE opens 40 schools in Pakistan

Jun 16, 2013

More Pakistani children can now go to school, thanks to UAE initiative

Needy and orphaned students in Pakistan are being given 30,000 schoolbags by the UAE Pakistan Assistance Programme.

The initiative, ordered by the President, Sheikh Khalifa, to support education in the country, will provide bags to boys and girls in 25 cities and towns in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

Abdullah Al Ghafli, the programme's director, said the initiative was part of the UAE's efforts to assist students from low-income families in pursuing their studies.

Many parents in the province, he said, were otherwise reluctant to send their children to school because of the costs involved.

He said the waterproof bags were designed to last for more than three years and each one contained basic stationery.

Mr Al Ghafli said this was the second year of the initiative and he hoped to build on the success of the first year, which had generated a positive response.

A survey showed student attendance had increased since the initiative began and that morale had been bolstered.

The Pakistan Assistance Programme is also building 53 modern schools, colleges and technical institutes.

Last year, said Mr Al Ghafli, 48 educational institutions were completed and began accepting students. He said the programme had made a qualitative leap in the educational sector.

More Pakistani children can now go to school, thanks to UAE initiative - The National

I don't get it on one hand Sheikh rents a airport from Pakistan and then gives it to USA for drone attacks and then he goes and builds schools

Sometimes I feel our memories are like in the Gajni movie after every 11 hours our memory fades and we forget every thing

Next day when we wake up , we have no idea what happened and continue to go in same path

I don't get it on one hand Sheikh rents a airport from Pakistan and then gives it to USA for drone attacks and then he goes and builds schools

Since when has RYK (Rahim Yar Khan -the only airport fully funded by Arabs) been used by US drones to strike Pakistan?

Since when a airport in Arab land was leased out to Pakistan , and then Pakistan gave that land to Russia to do missions in Arab lands

Since when a airport in Arab land was leased out to Pakistan , and then Pakistan gave that land to Russia to do missions in Arab lands
lolzz...they all doing because General Kiyani is very angry with these arab states , ....but yest ex Pakistani army officials been sent to Arab countries to handle dirty jobs...sad but true..Bahrain is one example, where people hate Pakistanis...because Pakistani role in law enforcing agencies ..

UAE; I hope there will not be hidden aims as UAE is one of financier of separatists organizations in Balochistan, what actually they think now in Swat?

As long as schools are based on international STANDARDS focused on Practical useful subjects plus elective religious courses

Back
Top Bottom