What's new

U.S. Jet Shoots Down Turkish Drone Over Syria

Turkiye should invoke NATO's article 5

Technically, Turkiye can claim that Syria has shot down the UCAV and get NATO involved against Syria.

YPG and PKK can be eliminated as part of NATO's operation against Syria.

It will be interesting to watch Greeks dying while fighting the YPG and PKK in Syria to protect Turkiye.
Never gonna happen.

If things worked that way, we would have done it 40 years ago.

Turkiye should invoke NATO's article 5

Technically, Turkiye can claim that Syria has shot down the UCAV and get NATO involved against Syria.

YPG and PKK can be eliminated as part of NATO's operation against Syria.

It will be interesting to watch Greeks dying while fighting the YPG and PKK in Syria to protect Turkiye.

This would be very pathetic for Turkiyeh, US can react killing more turks in turn, because they would be emboldoned.

Never gonna happen.

If things worked that way, we would have done it 40 years ago.

I know but you can expose NATO's double standard like you have been exposing EU's double standard by applying to join EU.

This would be very pathetic for Turkiyeh, US can react killing more turks in turn, because they would be emboldoned.

US will never touch Turkiye.

A U.S. Air Force F-16 shot down a Turkish drone over northeastern Syria considered a threat to U.S. forces there, a U.S. official told The War Zone Thursday. The incident took place amid an increase in Turkish drone attacks on Kurdish targets in that region following a bombing in Ankara on Sunday that the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) claimed credit for, according to Reuters.

“The U.S. was definitely aware it was a Turkish drone,” said the official, speaking to The War Zone on condition of anonymity to discuss operational details. The official did not know what kind of drone was shot down.

The Turkish Defense Ministry (MoD) said that the drone did not belong to the Turkish armed forces, according to Reuters.

The U.S. has about 900 troops in that area, continuing the ongoing fight against the ISIS jihadi group. Forces assigned to U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) continue to partner with the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in that fight, which were instrumental in the ultimate defeat of ISIS physical caliphate in 2019. Last month, there were eight partnered operations in Syria, with one ISIS operative killed and seven detained, according to CENTCOM.

The U.S.-SDF relationship has long created tensions with NATO ally Turkey, which considers the SDF an extension of the PKK.

Turkish officials on Wednesday claimed the two attackers who bombed Ankara had come from Syria. The bombing killed both attackers and wounded two police officers. The SDF denied the bombers passed through their territory.

You forget , Americans are famously known for shooting on their own ally’s. Or friendlies Many incidents have happened over the years with the Americans, shooting killing British troops , to Pakistanis troops. This will be just another incident by the US
I believe that the US made a point here, however, this was only possible due to the reckless behaviour of the MIT.

I doubt that Türkiye in the position of the US would have reacted in a different way. I can't blame the Americans.

If an unknown drone approaches our base in Libya, Syria or Norther Cyprus, it'll be shot down, too.

I fail to see an intrinsic US hostility in this incident.

Didn't the Russians downed a US drone over the Black Sea a couple of weeks ago? Did the Americans start WW III because of that?

I believe that the US made a point here, however, this was only possible due to the reckless behaviour of the MIT.

I doubt that Türkiye in the position of the US would have reacted in a different way. I can't blame the Americans.

If an unknown drone approaches our base in Libya, Syria or Norther Cyprus, it'll be shot down, too.

Didn't the Russians downed a US drone over the Black Sea a couple of weeks ago? Did the Americans start WW III because of that?
Please read @LeGenD 's post above. They KNEW it was a Turkish drone.

There's no way they couldn't know, they've probably been tracking it since it took off from Turkey. They have the radars, planes every damn C4ISR asset is available to them.

When Americans killed Pakistani soldiers in Salala they got a befitting reply in Afghanistan. Cia bases were reduced to ashes. 313 Badri. Even Salala wasn’t just an accident or random event. It was planned beforehand cuz Americans wanted to invade Pakistani tribal areas. They didn’t cuz they got befitting reply and more threats. Officially maybe the response was soft but behind the scenes the retaliation was harsh.
One helicopter was shot down by Afghan Taliban, which could be a separate unrelated incident. Pakistan closed its route for six months until Obama administration issued an apology. This was it.

But what has Pakistan earned for supporting Afghan Taliban? Terrorism continues like business as usual. Economic instability and political instability are additional issues. IMF was approached to bailout Pakistan once again.

US has still concluded the war on acceptable terms. Those who were deemed responsible for 9/11 were eliminated. Others made to accept that Afghan soil will not be used to plot attacks on American soil and assets in Doha Accords.

Pakistan missed a golden opportunity to address the menace of terrorism in the region with American support. Short term thinking on ummah chummah grounds.

Please read @LeGenD 's post above. They KNEW it was a Turkish drone.
They knew the origin but it was still an unidentified drone. The US doesn't shoot down drones that are officially operated by TSK even if they fly right over their bases. Perhaps they even contacted the Turkish Armed Forces before hitting it.

The more information see the light of the day, the more I get the feeling that our state institutions have a coordination issue.

I'm not even sure at this point if TSK knew exactly what the MIT drone was doing in the area.

One helicopter was shot down by Afghan Taliban, which could be a separate unrelated incident. Pakistan closed its route for six months until Obama administration issued an apology. This was it.

But what has Pakistan earned for supporting Afghan Taliban? Terrorism continues like business as usual. Economic instability and political instability are additional issues. IMF was approached to bailout Pakistan once again.

US has still concluded the war on acceptable terms. Those who were deemed responsible for 9/11 were eliminated. Others made to accept that Afghan soil will not be used to plot attacks on American soil and assets in Doha Accords.

Pakistan missed a golden opportunity to address the menace of terrorism in the region with American support. Short term thinking on ummah chummah grounds.
Different context, both incidents are not comparable.

Yes man,it makes sense.

They knew the origin but it was still an unidentified drone. The US doesn't shoot down drones that are officially operated by TSK even if they fly right over their bases. Perhaps they even contacted the Turkish Armed Forces before hitting it.

The more information see the light of the day, the more I get the feeling that our state institutions have a coordination issue.

I'm not even sure at this point if TSK knew exactly what the MIT drone was doing in the area.
Unidentified? what the **** are you talking about? Is there a rouge state in Turkey that flies MALE drones other than Turkey? Stop dancing around the issue. They probably even knew it was an ANKA-S, as F-16 or F-35 had all the time in the world to identify it as this happened in broad daylight. THEY KNEW everything.

Even if you were right, that MİT fucked up, the governement should still make a statement about why the drone was lost due to poor communication or whatever. The silence is damning.

Idk what Pakistan’s strategic planners have planned or why they did what they did. I’m simply saying that Salala incident was fully avenged in a befitting manner in Afghanistan through unconventional means. Rest, the topic about Pakistan’s failed Afghan policy and Pakistan’s overall strategic shortsightedness, I agree with you it made many mistakes.

Turkey should offer a solution to US to change its strategy to tackle ISIL in Syria. Turkey should offer troops and technology for dismantling ISIL leftovers in exchange for forcing SDF to ditch PKK. In this manner, SDF is revisited and PKK is dropped.

there were no terrorist anywhere near that area thats why the US men where there. and i think i would rather be safe when a drone thats fully armed is coming at me and the opposite direction of the enemy and it ignored all radio calls

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom