What's new

Twitter Q&A on JF-17 Thunder Program with Horus & Oscar

Yes but sometime, you have to be rude to let other feel that you are trolling uselessly ... atleast senior members know that double engine do a shit in a wartime scenario especially for a narrow country like Pakistan

i have been called worse things on this forum. i do not take things personally

i will be honest - i do not understand the complexities of operating and maintaining a twin engined aircraft.
I realize the budget is not there.

I realize French had agreed to supply avionics for the JF-17 before backing out. It realize at least some of JF-17 specs & functionality is from the Rafale

i have been called worse things on this forum. i do not take things personally

i will be honest - i do not understand the complexities of operating and maintaining a twin engined aircraft.
I realize the budget is not there.

I realize French had agreed to supply avionics for the JF-17 before backing out. It realize at least some of JF-17 specs & functionality is from the Rafale
Sir the issue is you are intentionally ignoring the fact that deep strike is not the role assigned to thunder therefore there is no need of double engine ... role of thunder is different for which a light weight quick turn around small and nimble fighter is ideal ... if budget is the restriction factor then why would USA despite of having the highest budget opted for f16s and f35 as single engine ?

If you dont understand then try to listen the people who do understand ...

Sir the issue is you are intentionally ignoring the fact that deep strike is not the role assigned to thunder therefore there is no need of double engine ... role of thunder is different for which a light weight quick turn around small and nimble fighter is ideal ... if budget is the restriction factor then why would USA despite of having the highest budget opted for f16s and f35 as single engine ?

If you dont understand then try to listen the people who do understand ...

i do not disagree with anything you said. would the jf-17 spec be derived from the rafale spec ?

i am not saying f-16 is inferior to any aircraft.
single engine is sufficient for air to air combat

twin engines are required for heavy duty multi-role combat aircraft
No twin engines are required for deep strike and air superiority ... now realistically speaking is it possible for Pakistan to ever acieve air superiority or deep strike in india which is 5 times larger ? So our war strategy is to keep the deep strike to missiles and airforce prime responsibility is for air defence, air support and to create a buffer zone of few 100 kms from the border ... thunder is a perfect fit in that bill infact it will have an edge over twin seater due to small rcs l, low maintenance and short turn around time ...

No twin engines are required for deep strike and air superiority ... now realistically speaking is it possible for Pakistan to ever acieve air superiority or deep strike in india which is 5 times larger ? So our war strategy is to keep the deep strike to missiles and airforce prime responsibility is for air defence, air support and to create a buffer zone of few 100 kms from the border ... thunder is a perfect fit in that bill infact it will have an edge over twin seater due to small rcs l, low maintenance and short turn around time ...
i won't argue with the PAF strategy

Pakistan Air Force New Song MashUP " Unchi Uraan" By Junaid Jamshed. Edi...

he probably means B3 capability based on countering the "threat posed by Rafael" and not the B3 design based on Rafael design

Ooooooooooooooohhhhhh. SIR this is a BIG statement coming from a mod :D Are you confirming that diamond nose then? :P :D

The diamond nose would be a good counter to Rafale's EW capabilities.

Why equate AESA radar with Diamond nose? Gripen NG is without Diamond nose yet it has AESA in it.

we are talking about showdown with HOBS or without HOBS missiles here?

Without HOBS. Thai Gripens are without any HMD

Why equate AESA radar with Diamond nose? Gripen NG is without Diamond nose yet it has AESA in it

In terms of countering Rafale's EW suite, the RCS reduction due to properly designed diamond nose would help a lot. Of course, diamond node itself is nothing if other design changes aren't made as well. So let's say a stealthy design to counter Rafale.

:o: what was the point of getting the irst missiles alone ?

5th gen WVRs bring many benefits. Advanced seeker that isn't easily fooled by counter-measures, thrust vectoring, hypersonic velocities. Also, even without HMD/S if you have advanced tracking on the Thunder, you can acquire an auto-lock on the hostile without the pilot having to look in the direction.

The answers given by secret experts are just like a sweet given to the child to make him happy. The answers are concise and nothing new to share.
Fan: Will the jf-17 block 3 be capable of flight?
Horus:
IMG_4806.JPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom