What's new

Twitter Q&A on JF-17 Thunder Program with Horus & Oscar

Drop a thanks to Kamran for putting this twitter Q&A together in a word file for us which he emailed me.
Drop a thanks to Kamran for putting this twitter Q&A together in a word file for us which he emailed me.

Please answer the following questions if possible. Thank you.
Question number 81.
PAC manufacturing 80% of Thunder by 2020,is remaining 20% to do with Russian Engine or Aesa radar,or both.
Question number 82.
Is Kamov engine being assembled at PAC .
Question number 83.
It will only be overhauled/repaired at PAC.
Question number 84.
Will PAC be manufacturing spare parts for the engine.
Question number 85.
Answer the same questions regarding AESA radar.

I wonder what the interim fighter would be. Would love to see a squadron of 18 EFTs in PAF colours if we can get a good deal.

Thank you Mr. Kamran. Thanks to @Oscar and @Horus for the replies to inquiries. Such interactions should take place once or twice a year on PDF too with no obligation to reply each and every question. The questions answerable will help other members to know about our defence projects.
My few points:
The threat of Indian Su-30 and Rafale should never be underestimated which I am sure is being counter balanced.

Excellent news about Azerbaijan and JF - 17 exports though nothing has been finalized.

Although, I assume engine development is in the plans, we need to make JF- 17 100% by us within 10 years and Fifth-Gen at least 65-80% on our own within its 3rd production year. ToT and joint production of sub-systems included. It should be made 100% in Pakistan by its 10th year. The effort of ACM Sohail Aman needs to be moved forward by the future ACMs and the Air HQ.

PAF is doing satisfactory work and keeps to continue the hardwork with better/Strict adminstration and management of projects and its dedicated funds.

Its long, i will read it later. I have come back after a long drive through euro tunnel.
If this comes from a source inside PAF, you should accept that. A lot has changed since i left in 2005.

@Horus @Oscar MANY THANKS! A few questions plz:

1. What is the top speed of Block 2?
2. What is the planned top speed of Block 3?
3. How come engine smoke has virtually disappeared from Thunders seen in latest aerial demos on March 23 and Aug 14?
4. What is the best sustained turn rate for Thunder and at what speed?
5. Per @messiach a lot of work has already been done on engine improvement for Block 3. Is it going to be RD-93 MA with FADEC for Block 3, or the same old RD-93?
6. What's the plan for an EW suit on par with Rafale?
7. What's the plan for a weapons package on par with Rafale?

Q 6: Will these jets possess the ability to launch nuclear weapons in the future, since the current capacity is to just drop them?

A: Yes JF-17s are nuclear capable.

Is the weight is issue? In respect of comparison with other birds seems to be like height clearance is the issue to mount cruise stick.

How can we be sure that this is reliable information and the analysis is not just wet-dreams?

EDIT: Apologies for the rude manner in which I asked this question. Let me rephrase it: "Can you please explain why we should trust this analyst?"

Last edited:
ROFL

He really should have kept it to the point. Unnecessary question and subsequent remarks. As if the military hasn't done anything wrong ever, nor has ever been involved in corruption nor has taken dictation from foreign countries. People (strongly hinting at the bloody civilians) have sold Pakistan? Comrade, that list includes a great number of top military brass personnel too throughout the history of this country, if someone intends to start mud slinging by single handedly blaming the political leaders. You guys are no angels either. Give us a break, please!

With whom, that is what I am asking.
Kamran sahab did a very good job.Every defence enthusiast can easily understand and be satisfied with questions related to jf -17.

ROFL

He really should have kept it to the point. Unnecessary question and subsequent remarks. As if the military hasn't done anything wrong ever, nor has ever been involved in corruption nor has taken dictation from foreign countries. People (strongly hinting at the bloody civilians) have sold Pakistan? Comrade, that list includes a great number of top military brass personnel too throughout the history of this country, if someone intends to start mud slinging by single handedly blaming the political leaders. You guys are no angels either. Give us a break, please!

I think such comments are best kept to the TT section. They are unhelpful. I fully agree with you on the facts presented but the forum could have been a bit different. Suffice it to say the Armed forces are a product of this same country, they are not angels descended from the heavens above. They carry the same burden of sins which the general masses do. I will leave it at that.
A

How can we be sure that this is reliable information and the analysis is not just wet-dreams?
An Analysis is an educated guess looking at the future scenario with an educated eye by people who have been in the game or know others who have. A wet dream is nothing more than a bit of muck in your Night pajamas or Shalwar depending on what you wear. The former requires knowledge, the later a squirt from the dick.
I hope this answers your querry in the same vein in which it was asked. The moment you get down to a serious questions and ask with some respect you will get an educated answer.
Regards
A

An Analysis is an educated guess looking at the future scenario with an educated eye by people who have been in the game or know others who have. A wet dream is nothing more than a bit of muck in your Night pajamas or Shalwar depending on what you wear. The former requires knowledge, the later a squirt from the dick.
I hope this answers your querry in the same vein in which it was asked. The moment you get down to a serious questions and ask with some respect you will get an educated answer.
Regards
A

Lolzzz , a well deserve answer. He earned it ...

ROFL

These guys forget what military dictators did to this country. Ayub essentially killed political system in Pakistan, called Mohtarma Fatima Jinnah a whore, did not let free and fair elections b/c she could clearly win. Some accounts suggest she had wounds on head when buried. Yahya was partying with general Rani while Dhaka collapsed, Zia made this country a haven for terrorists and thugs from all over the world, and Musharriffraff, is on run, the father of duplicity and deceit. Military never allow genuine leadership to surface, all we see is psychos like Imran Khan with time tested chayla-chamchas.

Back
Top Bottom