What's new

Twitter Campaign by Afghans to boycott Pakistani Products

yup satisfaction is really worth a lot of money

For Pakistan:
1. Sealing the border will reduce drugs
2. Remove smuggling of good

For Afghanistan:
1. Deal with Iranians: yeah the Iranians have outsmarted the US negotiation team -- how well do you think a powerless Afghanistan will fare -- there is a reason they still go through Afghanistan
2. Deep water ports: Large ships don't dock at Iranian ports -- they dock at Dubai and then ship to Iran -- sanctions have nothing to do with this.
3. No export to India through Wagah border

Seems like a Win-Win for Pakistan.

If they had options they would have exercised them a long time ago -- What even Pakistani members here loose sight off is the Ashraf Ghani has always been virulently anti-Pakistan. He came bearing gifts because he's smart enough to know Afghanistan has no better alternatives to Pakistan.

Indian trade through Wagah us minuscle. Once Chahbahar gets operational, it can easily get managed from there.

Iranians will always look for their interest. It's for Afghans to take a call.

Any Afghan President will have to toe the public sentiment. Which seemingly is anti-Pakistan due to attacks.

You don't know shit about Afghanistan do you?

Looks like even you guys don't have a clue. That's why your policies towards them have resulted in this call for boycott.

I was simply talking of alternatives they have. Not many. But not too few as well.

Indian trade through Wagah us minuscle. Once Chahbahar gets operational, it can easily get managed from there.

It may behoove you to do some research:

Chabhar will not be able to handle the deep draft freighters -- neither can Bandar Abbas.
Even Indian strategic analysts concede this point -- I wish I had the references handy.

So how will it be handled by Indian Black Magic ?

Of course they will -- that is what I mean -- we agree?
Look at the Iran Nuclear deal
Look at the Pakistan/Iran gas pipeline deal
They came out ahead
Afghanistan won't get a better deal from Iran

Any Afghan President will have to toe the public sentiment. Which seemingly is anti-Pakistan due to attacks.

That is true -- unless the Afghan elite in one voice convince the Afghan public that they have no choice but to deal with Pakistan and accept Pakistani hegemony -- they will have to two the public's sentiment and will paint themselves into a corner like they have.

Looks like even you guys don't have a clue. That's why your policies towards them have resulted in this call for boycott.

I was simply talking of alternatives they have. Not many. But not too few as well.

India has a habit of bluffing about investments , figure of 11 billion USD being invested in iron ore project Afghanistan was paraded around with a lot of fanfare , then what happened ? india never actually coughed up the money

Here is what india plan to invest in Chabahar

India intends to lease two berths at Chabahar for 10 years. The port will be developed through a special purpose vehicle (SPV) which will invest USD 85.21 million to convert the berths into a container terminal and a multi-purpose cargo terminal. MORE MEG PYK ASK AKJ ASK

India is showing "sabaz bagh" to all and sundry :lol: thats the reality

They just want that SOMEONE , SOMEHOW should stick to Pakistan :D

We should start a campaign to send all the Afghan refugees home honorably.
That's your response? I suppose one can't expect a more anodyne response from someone pretending to be Pakistani and promoting anti-Pakistan propaganda cloaked in such weak 'Pakistani outrage'.

What I'd like to see you offer are your views on the rationale behind this boycott call.

That's your response? I suppose one can't expect a more anodyne response from someone pretending to be Pakistani and promoting anti-Pakistan propaganda cloaked in such weak 'Pakistani outrage'.

Who the hell are you to judge if I'm a Pakistani or not -- maybe it you who is pretending -- got any proof?

What I'd like to see you offer are your views on the rationale behind this boycott call.

What does this even mean?

Just deporting millions of afghan refugees will pretty much destroy Afghanistan...

P.S; Pak investment in Afghanistan now stands at almost 1 billion $.

That's why former government of Afghanistan, Karzai, begged Pakistan not to send those millions of Afghani refugees back to Afghanistan as he clearly said Afghanistan is not in the state to afford those millions Afghani refugees in struggling economy. Yet resorted to backbite against Pakistan behind their back on public on numerous occasion. Never once they gave thought that Pakistan too was housing million Afghani refugees in struggling economy as well.

Good to see Pakistan investment is expanded to almost 1 billion dollars now. But i am afraid that will be for naught.

It may behoove you to do some research:

Chabhar will not be able to handle the deep draft freighters -- neither can Bandar Abbas.
Even Indian strategic analysts concede this point -- I wish I had the references handy.

So how will it be handled by Indian Black Magic ?

Of course they will -- that is what I mean -- we agree?
Look at the Iran Nuclear deal
Look at the Pakistan/Iran gas pipeline deal
They came out ahead
Afghanistan won't get a better deal from Iran

That is true -- unless the Afghan elite in one voice convince the Afghan public that they have no choice but to deal with Pakistan and accept Pakistani hegemony -- they will have to two the public's sentiment and will paint themselves into a corner like they have.

Exactly.. No matter how elite think of Pak-Afghan relationship, they will have to follow Afghan public's sentiment which seems to be anti-Pakistan. If public demands boycott Pakistani goods, then govt will have to agree. Pakistan should be prepared to live with a little less rational neighbor with anti-Pakistan sentiment.

About Chahbahar.. As I said India's trade is minuscle. We don't need jumbo ships to transport our goods.

Nope , it wont happen ... many of the goods moved between Pakistan and Afghanistan have virtually no duty on them (i.e smuggled ) , the afghans know which side of the bread is buttered

No other country can or will tolerate what Pakistan tolerates with respect to its border with Afghanistan , be it movement of people or goods

You indians will be left holding on to privates for a long long time in hope that you'll have your orgasmic moment when something that afghanistan will come up with will actually hurt Pakistan but alas it wont happen :lol:

India knows that very well. They are being weather if you get the gist of what i am saying.

India realized soon regarding the burden of managing Bangladesh fell on India depriving Pakistan the burden of managing Bangladesh, former East Pakistan. But Afghanistan will be three times of Bangladesh to manage. A huge headache to manage lawless nation.

Who the hell are you to judge if I'm a Pakistani or not -- maybe it you who is pretending -- got any proof?
You chose to provide visibility to an idiot with a hand-full of re-tweets and turn it into a 'campaign'. Your actions in providing a platform and publicity to anti-Pakistan propaganda speak volumes about your motives, which in turn speaks volumes about your identity.
What does this even mean?
Why are these Afghans whose Twitter campaign you are promoting calling for a boycott, what is your view on their rationale?

India has a habit of bluffing about investments , figure of 11 billion USD being invested in iron ore project Afghanistan was paraded around with a lot of fanfare , then what happened ? india never actually coughed up the money

Here is what india plan to invest in Chabahar

India intends to lease two berths at Chabahar for 10 years. The port will be developed through a special purpose vehicle (SPV) which will invest USD 85.21 million to convert the berths into a container terminal and a multi-purpose cargo terminal. MORE MEG PYK ASK AKJ ASK

India is showing "sabaz bagh" to all and sundry :lol: thats the reality

They just want that SOMEONE , SOMEHOW should stick to Pakistan :D

Hehehe... That's the advantage of not being next door neighbor ( Officially we share borders with Afghanistan though). If everything is good, our companies will invest. Else we will pa k our bags and leave. You sir, don't have that luxury. You will have to deal with them on daily basis. You will have to keep the poor Afghan refugees in your cities and provide for them. That's the cost of being neighbor and "biradar islami mulk".

Exactly.. No matter how elite think of Pak-Afghan relationship, they will have to follow Afghan public's sentiment which seems to be anti-Pakistan. If public demands boycott Pakistani goods, then govt will have to agree. Pakistan should be prepared to live with a little less rational neighbor with anti-Pakistan sentiment.

For someone who thinks Afghanistan is a burden on Pakistan -- I say good I hope they do.

Perhaps a collapse of the Afghan economy will knock some sense into the Afghan public.

About Chahbahar.. As I said India's trade is minuscle. We don't need jumbo ships to transport our goods.

I wasn't talking about India -- I was talking about Afghanistan's options -- right now Afghanistan uses the Wagah border to export perishables -- this will stop.

And they will loose access to deep water ports

Well we should bring this debate to mainstream "The Burden Of Afghan Refugees" and in this debate we should also tap the Afghans parliment/Presidency into it.

You chose to provide visibility to an idiot with a hand-full of re-tweets and turn it into a 'campaign'. Your actions in providing a platform and publicity to anti-Pakistan propaganda speak volumes about your motives, which in turn speaks volumes about your identity.

I work in quantitative marketing -- do you?
I know what I'm posting -- from your comments it figures you don't have clue

And form posting these tweets you have been able to infer with certainty my motives -- I think you should become a religious zealot -- Agnosticism implies skepticism, burdens of proof -- blind faith and superstition seems to suite you better!

Why are these Afghans whose Twitter campaign you are promoting calling for a boycott, what is your view on their rationale?

Seriously you do now know why they are calling for a boycott.

They think it is a salvo they are firing at Pakistan who they blame for all their miseries -- did you understand this differently?

For someone who thinks Afghanistan is a burden on Pakistan -- I say good I hope they do.

Perhaps a collapse of the Afghan economy will knock some sense into the Afghan public.

I wasn't talking about India -- I was talking about Afghanistan's options -- right now Afghanistan uses the Wagah border to export perishables -- this will stop.

And they will loose access to deep water ports

If I was in your place, I would not wish for collapse of their economy. That will make hundreds of thousands of illiterate young men available for groups like AQ and ISIS.. With Pakistan's certain areas having blood relatives there, will not result good for Pakistan. No matter how crazy it sounds, but a stable anti-Pakistan Afghanistan is in Pakistan's interest rather than destabilized Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom