What's new

Turkish writer says it's time for Muslims to take responsibility - and accept Zionism

Solomon2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
new%2Beoz%2Blogo3.png

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sinem Tezyapar

This article by Turkish writer and TV producer Sinem Tezyapar, written last October, was just translated to Arabic and published in Al Quds.
Whenever a calamity falls upon Muslim-majority countries, there is always “others” to blame. There is no need to look for any other reason. Is there a revolution against a tyrant regime subjugating its people? Is there a clash between Sunni and Shia groups? Who else can be responsible? The West.

This irrational inclination to blame Judeo-Christian Western world for every failure going on in the Middle East has been the trend for quite some time. A wide-spread variety of people from different countries, ethnicity, ideologies, sects—even enemies of each other—invariably point to one direction. This madness of putting the blame on “others” is such a knee-jerk reaction that there is no logical explanation to this evasion of responsibility.

Now let’s look at what is really going on in the Islamic-Arab world. There is a continuous and unending stream of hate; hate the Shia, hate the Wahabbi, hate the Sunni, hate the Alawi, hate the Christians, hate the Jews, and so on ad infinitum. Hatred is deeply ingrained in their tradition, in their culture, in their own education and this fierce, venomous style is what is tearing the Islamic world apart; this is exactly what is happening in Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Pakistan and others—Muslims killing Muslims.

So it is illogical and unreasonable to put the blame on Judeo-Christian world for some Muslims’ ignorance, bigotry, cruelty, lovelessness, and involving themselves in brutal sectarian fanaticism. This is an outcome of the intense efforts of some Muslim clerics themselves. There is a serious deterioration in their ideology and belief system. We find this hatred in Muslims’ own books. We find this hate in their own speeches; are these clerics Rabbis or Priests? Of course not. This occurs entirely within their own jurisprudence. They educate hatred of the “other” thoroughly. No one says, “Both sides are brothers, let’s love each other”; do we ever see them talk about love and compassion? Since we see many Muslim clerics inciting violence, since we see them in their own words explain the reasons for the need to hate thoroughly, why do we put the blame on others? We only see Muslims massacring each other.

Muslims killing each other, and both sides then turn around and blame the West. How does the West make Muslims kill other Muslims? Muslim clerics hand out fatwas (Islamic rulings) calling for sectarian violence like candy. Wahabbi scholars say that all Sunnis are unbelievers and should be destroyed: Sunni scholars say Shias are unbelievers and their death is obligatory: Shias say that it is obligatory to kill Sunnis, as they are enemies. These are Muslim clerics who are promoting the most violent brand of sectarianism, preaching hatred and calling upon their followers to commit massacres. When their followers then heed these calls for violence, these same clerics turn around and promptly blame the Jews and Christians; that is disgraceful. What about Muslims’ not killing each other? What about Muslims’ being united without declaring each other as unbelievers and solving their own problems without resorting to violence? What about the Organization of Islamic Cooperation with its 57 member states or the League of Arab States with its 22 states which are utterly helpless to bring about any solutions?

So—as Muslims—let’s stop pointing the finger at others for our problems: Now it is time for the Muslim world to take responsibility and to ponder upon what has gone so horribly wrong with the Muslim world; why is there so much bloodshed. An Islam based on the Qur’an is not being lived at all; superstitions, innovations, localized traditions and bigotry have replaced the Qur’an in some Islamic countries, and their religiosity is a deeply artificial one. This hatred has to stop and Muslims must embrace the true spirit of the Qur’an which is love, compassion and brotherhood for all.
(Al Quds does translate opinion articles even from Zionists in Israeli newspapers, to its credit.)

Sinem Tezyapar seems to be a true Muslim peace activist. Her Facebook page and personal website look to be quite good. Here is an excerpt from a more recent article:

Today one of the most common views among the Islamic world is that one cannot be a Muslim and endorse Zionism at the same time, as if they are somehow mutually exclusive. However the truth is that affirming the concept of Zionism is not conflictive with one’s being a Muslim at all: The Zionist conception of the Jewish people, who simply wish to live in peace and security in Israel alongside Muslims, to worship in the lands of their forefathers and to engage in business, science, art is perfectly normal from an Islamic perspective.

In fact according to the Koran, God wants the Jewish people to live in the Holy Land:

“Remember Moses said to his people: ‘O my people! Call in remembrance the favor of Allah unto you, when He produced prophets among you, made you kings, and gave you what He had not given to any other among the peoples. O my people! Enter the Holy Land which Allah hath assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin.’” (Koran, 5:20-21)
It is also stated in the Koran that God has “…settled the Children of Israel in a beautiful dwelling-place, and provided for them sustenance of the best…” (Koran, 10:93), hence disproving the allegation that the people of Israel have no connection to the region where they reside today.

...Although Zionism is simply the right of Jews for self-determination in Israel as their national homeland, it has been associated with the most derogatory concepts and negative sentiments, not permitting anyone to speak fairly about it. Especially in the widespread political arena of the Middle East, being opposed to Zionism or Israel in general has long been a classical right-wing position.

In other words, when someone takes an anti-Zionist stance, blames Israel for the calamities in the Islamic world and utters anti-Jewish statements, then he rapidly gains “trust”, popularity and political power; the same goes for a writer or a leader of a religious group. Therefore, anti-Israelism becomes a “necessity” to be seen as “pious”, to gain acceptance and to cling to power in the Islamic world.

As an outcome of this outlook, there are a substantial number of misguided people who falsely believe being anti-Zionist is a precondition of justice and an obligation of conscience. Hence, no one dares to counter the narrative and speak out impartially about Israel or to be affiliated with it in any positive context.

As a matter of fact, anyone who speaks in a friendly manner on the subject would promptly find himself labeled as a traitor or a supporter of oppressors, racists, world hegemony seekers and so on. Thus even those who are neutral to Israel would just simply evade the subject so as to avoid public pressure—and in some cases, even more severe intimidation.

Among the Muslim community, there are also huge numbers of people who say that they are not against Jews, but only against Zionists. At first glance, this suggests no hostility towards the Jews as a people, nation, or as a follower of a religion but only seems like opposition to an ideological policy. However, when one scratches the surface and questions why only the six million Jews of Israel—out of some 14 million Jews throughout the whole world—are singled out, one can clearly see that anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism are intertwined. That anti-Zionism is often used as a cloak for anti-Semitism.​

She is definitely worth following.

UPDATE: A Turkish Jewish commenter is far more skeptical.

UPDATE 2: I looked a little more into this. She is definitely a fan of Adnan Oktar, quoting him often in her Facebook page, and Oktar is a complete nutcase (claiming to be the Jewish messiah!) - and possibly far worse according to some blogs.

I was never a fan of damning anyone by association, however, so if Sinem writes good stuff, I care far more about the content than the motivation - especially if her audience is meant to be Muslims who do not even want to pretend to accept Jews as humans. And the articles I've seen so far are impressive, even if she follows a crazy messianic Muslim.​

Last edited:
new%2Beoz%2Blogo3.png

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sinem Tezyapar

This article by Turkish writer and TV producer Sinem Tezyapar, written last October, was just translated to Arabic and published in Al Quds.
Whenever a calamity falls upon Muslim-majority countries, there is always “others” to blame. There is no need to look for any other reason. Is there a revolution against a tyrant regime subjugating its people? Is there a clash between Sunni and Shia groups? Who else can be responsible? The West.

This irrational inclination to blame Judeo-Christian Western world for every failure going on in the Middle East has been the trend for quite some time. A wide-spread variety of people from different countries, ethnicity, ideologies, sects—even enemies of each other—invariably point to one direction. This madness of putting the blame on “others” is such a knee-jerk reaction that there is no logical explanation to this evasion of responsibility.

Now let’s look at what is really going on in the Islamic-Arab world. There is a continuous and unending stream of hate; hate the Shia, hate the Wahabbi, hate the Sunni, hate the Alawi, hate the Christians, hate the Jews, and so on ad infinitum. Hatred is deeply ingrained in their tradition, in their culture, in their own education and this fierce, venomous style is what is tearing the Islamic world apart; this is exactly what is happening in Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Libya, Yemen, Pakistan and others—Muslims killing Muslims.

So it is illogical and unreasonable to put the blame on Judeo-Christian world for some Muslims’ ignorance, bigotry, cruelty, lovelessness, and involving themselves in brutal sectarian fanaticism. This is an outcome of the intense efforts of some Muslim clerics themselves. There is a serious deterioration in their ideology and belief system. We find this hatred in Muslims’ own books. We find this hate in their own speeches; are these clerics Rabbis or Priests? Of course not. This occurs entirely within their own jurisprudence. They educate hatred of the “other” thoroughly. No one says, “Both sides are brothers, let’s love each other”; do we ever see them talk about love and compassion? Since we see many Muslim clerics inciting violence, since we see them in their own words explain the reasons for the need to hate thoroughly, why do we put the blame on others? We only see Muslims massacring each other.

Muslims killing each other, and both sides then turn around and blame the West. How does the West make Muslims kill other Muslims? Muslim clerics hand out fatwas (Islamic rulings) calling for sectarian violence like candy. Wahabbi scholars say that all Sunnis are unbelievers and should be destroyed: Sunni scholars say Shias are unbelievers and their death is obligatory: Shias say that it is obligatory to kill Sunnis, as they are enemies. These are Muslim clerics who are promoting the most violent brand of sectarianism, preaching hatred and calling upon their followers to commit massacres. When their followers then heed these calls for violence, these same clerics turn around and promptly blame the Jews and Christians; that is disgraceful. What about Muslims’ not killing each other? What about Muslims’ being united without declaring each other as unbelievers and solving their own problems without resorting to violence? What about the Organization of Islamic Cooperation with its 57 member states or the League of Arab States with its 22 states which are utterly helpless to bring about any solutions?

So—as Muslims—let’s stop pointing the finger at others for our problems: Now it is time for the Muslim world to take responsibility and to ponder upon what has gone so horribly wrong with the Muslim world; why is there so much bloodshed. An Islam based on the Qur’an is not being lived at all; superstitions, innovations, localized traditions and bigotry have replaced the Qur’an in some Islamic countries, and their religiosity is a deeply artificial one. This hatred has to stop and Muslims must embrace the true spirit of the Qur’an which is love, compassion and brotherhood for all.

(Al Quds does translate opinion articles even from Zionists in Israeli newspapers, to its credit.)

Sinem Tezyapar seems to be a true Muslim peace activist. Her Facebook page and personal website look to be quite good. Here is an excerpt from a more recent article:

Today one of the most common views among the Islamic world is that one cannot be a Muslim and endorse Zionism at the same time, as if they are somehow mutually exclusive. However the truth is that affirming the concept of Zionism is not conflictive with one’s being a Muslim at all: The Zionist conception of the Jewish people, who simply wish to live in peace and security in Israel alongside Muslims, to worship in the lands of their forefathers and to engage in business, science, art is perfectly normal from an Islamic perspective.

In fact according to the Koran, God wants the Jewish people to live in the Holy Land:

“Remember Moses said to his people: ‘O my people! Call in remembrance the favor of Allah unto you, when He produced prophets among you, made you kings, and gave you what He had not given to any other among the peoples. O my people! Enter the Holy Land which Allah hath assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin.’” (Koran, 5:20-21)​
It is also stated in the Koran that God has “…settled the Children of Israel in a beautiful dwelling-place, and provided for them sustenance of the best…” (Koran, 10:93), hence disproving the allegation that the people of Israel have no connection to the region where they reside today.

...Although Zionism is simply the right of Jews for self-determination in Israel as their national homeland, it has been associated with the most derogatory concepts and negative sentiments, not permitting anyone to speak fairly about it. Especially in the widespread political arena of the Middle East, being opposed to Zionism or Israel in general has long been a classical right-wing position.

In other words, when someone takes an anti-Zionist stance, blames Israel for the calamities in the Islamic world and utters anti-Jewish statements, then he rapidly gains “trust”, popularity and political power; the same goes for a writer or a leader of a religious group. Therefore, anti-Israelism becomes a “necessity” to be seen as “pious”, to gain acceptance and to cling to power in the Islamic world.

As an outcome of this outlook, there are a substantial number of misguided people who falsely believe being anti-Zionist is a precondition of justice and an obligation of conscience. Hence, no one dares to counter the narrative and speak out impartially about Israel or to be affiliated with it in any positive context.

As a matter of fact, anyone who speaks in a friendly manner on the subject would promptly find himself labeled as a traitor or a supporter of oppressors, racists, world hegemony seekers and so on. Thus even those who are neutral to Israel would just simply evade the subject so as to avoid public pressure—and in some cases, even more severe intimidation.

Among the Muslim community, there are also huge numbers of people who say that they are not against Jews, but only against Zionists. At first glance, this suggests no hostility towards the Jews as a people, nation, or as a follower of a religion but only seems like opposition to an ideological policy. However, when one scratches the surface and questions why only the six million Jews of Israel—out of some 14 million Jews throughout the whole world—are singled out, one can clearly see that anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism are intertwined. That anti-Zionism is often used as a cloak for anti-Semitism.​

UPDATE 2: I looked a little more into this. She is definitely a fan of Adnan Oktar, quoting him often in her Facebook page, and Oktar is a complete nutcase (claiming to be the Jewish messiah!) - and possibly far worse according to some blogs.

I was never a fan of damning anyone by association, however, so if Sinem writes good stuff, I care far more about the content than the motivation - especially if her audience is meant to be Muslims who do not even want to pretend to accept Jews as humans. And the articles I've seen so far are impressive, even if she follows a crazy messianic Muslim.​
itne wade wade dant.....itne to islam main jaiz hi nai.....:D

That girl is one of the "kittens of Adnan Oktar/Yahya" this dude is crazy, check his videos in youtube :D
Like the Elder, I don't have a problem with what she writes here, do you? Nor do I see a connection to Oktar. Perhaps her experience with him has merely served to inspire her to open her mind and give her courage.

Okay, so I'm reading it, reading, reading...

And so far I like what I see, but I don't quite get to the zionism part.
I read some more and at the start of it, I still agree.

Zionism, is made in to something it isn't by some Muslims, it's a very simple concept, which on it's own means not much at all, and too much 'credit' (if you can call it that) is given to Zionism for trouble in the ME. Fine sure...

But then I have a wee little problem beginning here:

In other words, when someone takes an anti-Zionist stance, blames Israel for the calamities in the Islamic world and utters anti-Jewish statements, then he rapidly gains “trust”, popularity and political power; the same goes for a writer or a leader of a religious group. Therefore, anti-Israelism becomes a “necessity” to be seen as “pious”, to gain acceptance and to cling to power in the Islamic world.​

I have a slight problem here. The author has gone from no mention of Israel and only talking about Zionism to mixing the two.
Just like some anti-Israeli folks have a problem with mixing Israel, Zionism and Judaism, the pro-Israeli folks some of them try very hard it seems to mix Israel, Zionism and Judaism. They are not the same thing.

Does Israel have anything to do with Zionism? Sure, a great amount...
But is that all the state of Israel is? Zionism? Not by a long shot!

And I want to clarify something, because YET again, the lines have been purposefully blurred to make the other side of the story less valid. A simple example; Take my views for instance... Am I anti-Semetic? No. Am I anti-Zionist? No. Am I anti-Israel? Yes on some counts.
Among the Muslim community, there are also huge numbers of people who say that they are not against Jews, but only against Zionists. At first glance, this suggests no hostility towards the Jews as a people, nation, or as a follower of a religion but only seems like opposition to an ideological policy. However, when one scratches the surface and questions why only the six million Jews of Israel—out of some 14 million Jews throughout the whole world—are singled out, one can clearly see that anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism are intertwined. That anti-Zionism is often used as a cloak for anti-Semitism.

Same issue here. Anti-zionism is often anti-Semitism too. Fine.
But now what?

What do you do with those backwards people? You ask yourself where did it all go wrong, why do these people think this way.

Answer is simple. Israel.
These people hate Israel, this hate for Israel and what it does. Combine that with the fact that Israel claims to stand for Jews and Zionism. The hate is easily mixed by fools.

Now like I said, to verify this, you will NEVER see anti-semitism and anti-Zionism exist WITHOUT anti-Israeli views. NEVER.
However, I am living proof of someone who is partly anti-Israel only. I am not against Zionism or Jews.

Bottom line:

The Muslims who blurr the lines between Israel, Zionism, and Jews. Are a guilty party in all this hate.
EQUALLY, as are the pro-Israeli camp, who for their own good try to mix Israel, Zionism, and Jews and sell it as one brand.
Trying to cloak Israel in those broader more acceptable ideas.

I just checked the article in Arabic and nowhere does she say we should 'accept' 'Zionism'. Your right wing bullshit Jewish extremist blog put that in there. And she's somewhat right but it's not all black and white as she sees it. Everyone is to blame for the situation in the Middle East today including the 'Israelis'.

According to these Jewish extremist right wing blogs, the only way you can be a 'true' Muslim is to accept the immoral Israeli occupation of Palestinian land.

**** off with your bullshit lies, she never said such a thing. Reported for misleading title, jackass.

The last sentence of her article ended at 'compassion and brotherhood for all'.

The whole rest of the thread is written by the author of the blog who mentions the same attempt regarding the Quran which he and right wingers keep pushing. It's taken out of context, that was three thousand years ago, if you reed the rest of it, you'll realize it's restating the plight of Moses and his followers back then. It has nothing to do with modern day.

What can we conclude from the article,live and let live?

didn't read the whole post, but what i have read so far was quite true. Muslim nations should start with eradicating poverty, increasing education and improving health while also keeping their security up. at the same time certain groups/nations should stop meddling in muslim nations (and vice versa), but many of the terrorist organizations keep living mostly thanks to poor, ignorant and uneducated people. the core fundamentals of building a nation is missing in many muslim nations and the cause lies mostly with the local people themselves, if they don;t change, no one else will do it for them. others will mostly try to exploit those poor people while they keep lagging behind.

Like the Elder, I don't have a problem with what she writes here, do you? Nor do I see a connection to Oktar. Perhaps her experience with him has merely served to inspire her to open her mind and give her courage.
I dont have any problem either with personal opinions one just has to be fair and unbiased (although both words are subjective and may differ from every one's perspective). if Zionism also accepts the right of other human beings then it will only help its image.

instead of baring fangs and snapping to bite off the head of anyone who even squeaks with a complaint if the "Zionism" can put the war drums down for a change then world can be a happier place.

that said, I say she is bit ahead of her game here.. for a start she must focus on Turkey and get it out of this Arabian Sectarian war and have this closet wahabist for a Prime Minster removed. the country has achieved so much without the "black gold" all can be lost if Turkish leadership doesnt watch its step.

nice dental work she got by the way not bad at all

did she talk about islam ?

well , she gotta know what islam is first :

• ﴿وَقُلْ لِلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا ۖ وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَىٰ جُيُوبِهِنَّ ۖ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا لِبُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَائِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَاءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَائِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَاءِ بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي أَخَوَاتِهِنَّ أَوْ نِسَائِهِنَّ أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُنَّ أَوِ التَّابِعِينَ غَيْرِ أُولِي الْإِرْبَةِ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ أَوِ الطِّفْلِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يَظْهَرُوا عَلَىٰ عَوْرَاتِ النِّسَاءِ ۖ وَلَا يَضْرِبْنَ بِأَرْجُلِهِنَّ لِيُعْلَمَ مَا يُخْفِينَ مِنْ زِينَتِهِنَّ ۚ وَتُوبُوا إِلَى اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا أَيُّهَ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ﴾(سورهٔ نور-آیهٔ ۳۱)

The Qur’an and Hijab | Hijab, The Muslim Womens Dress,Islamic or Cultural? | Books on Islam and Muslims | Al-Islam.org

this post was for the ones who have read quran at least once in their life and thus know what i mean .

tnx

Shias say that it is obligatory to kill Sunnis, as they are enemies
WTH ?

:rofl:

wait ! was she serious ? o_O

:rofl: :lol:

Im all for Israels existance (im part Karaim) but i think Zionism is quite extreme

If this women is going to solve middle-east problems, may the almighty tengri be with us. What is this women saying what thinktanks are not saying? I have seen these girls on TV with that hoca. They cannot even utter simple sentence. They look and are like barby dolls. They can only make one word noise. As last I don't even want to begin about the make-up, botox, silicons and whatnot.

I just checked the article in Arabic and nowhere does she say we should 'accept' 'Zionism'.
Please read a bit more carefully; there's more than the one article here. The confusion is understandable, I've tried to fix the indent formatting, hope that helps.

new%2Beoz%2Blogo3.png

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Sinem Tezyapar

“Remember Moses said to his people: ‘O my people! Call in remembrance the favor of Allah unto you, when He produced prophets among you, made you kings, and gave you what He had not given to any other among the peoples. O my people! Enter the Holy Land which Allah hath assigned unto you, and turn not back ignominiously, for then will ye be overthrown, to your own ruin.’” (Koran, 5:20-21)

central Idea of this article .....

tumblr_ldjcvy6hNX1qe0eclo1_r3_500.gif

My personal reaction after reading few paragraphs ....

awesome_classic_movie_gifs_01.gif
awesome_classic_movie_gifs_01.gif

I am in agreement with her observations.

It is futile to believe that terror committed by Muslim extremists will fade away any time soon for precisely the reason she gives. Muslims have been killing each other for 1400 years, yet they find a convenient and intellectually lazy way to shift blame to one's own failing. The conspiracy mindset is such a red herring that it results in nothing short of collective intellectual malfunction. When there is no tradition of objective self-introspection, and religious authoritarianism and tyranny have a free hand, the rot sets deep from within. Solutions are not expected, because the problems are not admitted in the first place.
Muslim masses by large are indoctrinated with the idea that Islam and Muslims are inherently higher in nature, rank or authority than non-Muslims, and that the 'other' (even Muslims from other denominations or sects) are inherently inferior. With such a fixed mental attitude, everything that goes wrong is to be blamed on the 'infidels' (in practice this usually means the West or Jews) and everything that favours Muslims or Islam is inherently correct. Denial, relegating blame and responsibility, and victim mentality ("everybody is trying to get us") is the natural result of such a particular way of thinking.

This is good read - Zionism part was unnecessary - , though her affection for Oktar may seemingly damage her credibility.

That girl is one of the "kittens of Adnan Oktar/Yahya" this dude is crazy, check his videos in youtube :D

Had Adnan Oktar not evolved from being a rabid Holocaust denier and Jew hater to having a much more tolerant view towards Jews?

I remember reading his booklets where he asserted that the evolution theory was a conspiracy of Zionists to mislead Muslims. It was quite laughable, were it not for his huge following back then.

Is he an influential figure in Turkey? Is he invited on Turkish television regularly? Or just an over-hyped clown?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom