What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

And we don't have the empty shipyard yet. We have to wait for İ class.
with a good organization, we can built 2 ships per year, blocks can be build in other shipyards, after launch rest can be done at sea. of course our main problem is money(and some sub systems)

New update,
Naval design office focuses in İ class and TF2000 now, there is nothing called as a third batch as a different class, but a third batch in term of production.
TF2000 expected to complete trials and commissioned in 10 years , means 2026-2027 for being in operation, 2023-2024 for the completion, 3-4 years spared maturization, acceptence tests and sea trials.

Told it almost 3 years ago :)

We have to get the private shipyards into production, but we couldn't even do it in the ADA class. According to the date given for TF2000, we are only planning for production in military shipyards.

Our current World... is already changing drastically years after years...
Let alone in 8-10 years... and even that is based on "Current Optimistic evaluation"...

Shipyards too slow. We need to pump out ships way faster. Greece and Egypt can just buy theirs which means France/Italy can build them 3-4 ships in 2-4 years and hand them over.

4 I-Class to replace 4 Yavuz-Class Frigates
4 Barbarosa-Class modernized. (Fire-Control-Radar/System, EW-Suits, Radar, CIWS-Replacement)
"?" FACM
7 TF-2000 to replace 8 G-Class AAW Frigates (Will they even last another 10 years?!)

This is where we are and for most of these there aren't even contracts that have been signed. The only concrete project is one I-Class Frigate which will suffer its own delay probably to 2022. Which means we will probably have 4 I-Class ships around 2028 to replace all Yavuz-Class ships or the Navy will shrink. TF-2000 then probably beginning of the 2030s.

Unless a miracle happens and the shipyards stop being lazy and the government hands out the contract in the next few months. Like I said a miracle.

upload_2019-5-1_14-15-27.png

Our current World... is already changing drastically years after years...
Let alone in 8-10 years... and even that is based on "Current Optimistic evaluation"...
Luckily ships are modular, as long as it doesnt change drastically (in terms of shapes) other systems can be updated before production.
On the other hand US is considering to commission unmanned Independence class, here our Aselsan still hasn't put anything in use seriously in terms of USV or AUV.

Woowww for our AAW TF2000, even France don't have AAW like that:-).

ece geç saatlerde Tuzla'da inşaası devam eden TCG Anadolu LHD gemimizde ufak çaplı yangın çıkmış. Yangın büyümeden söndürülmüş.

D5YJ8u6XsAEVtZf.jpg

A small fire has erupted aboard #Turkey’s first Light Aircraft Carrier/LHD TCG Anadolu. The blaze was quickly put out but authorities cannot rule our sabotage. The vessel is due to be commissioned in coming months. #NATO #IDEF2019 pic.twitter.com/Exc7F4g5bl

D5YZU0JUcAAV0CF.jpg

TCG Anatolia will be launched on April 4 in the pool. The fire will not affect the program.

http://c4defence.com/Arsiv/tcg-anadolu-suya-kavusuyor/8131/1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom