What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

Interesting. I wonder why Australia only outfitted domestic and paid so much for transfer halfof the hull half around the globe.
Thx again

Why the phuck on the earth we do that? That's just a political withdrawal, not strategically/militarily at all.

You are right, Sir. USA understood that Erdogan filled the political power vacuum which was omnipresent since the coup´d´Etat against Adnan Menderes in the 60´s of the 20th century.

Today USA starting withdrawal their political influence in Turkey. Knowing that they will just waste their resources by opposing the will of the turkish People. Another 20 years of techological and economical prosperity and Turkey in fact will start to crush her hostile neighbors like Iran and Syria into Submission.

Russian navy using 1000ton ships to hit targets 1500km away and we are still talking about our MILGEM with 2300ton and no full air defence no ground attack capability.

Even USa shocked after 1000 ton ships fired 1500 range missiles. Now they are talking about new concept about it. I think MILGEM dont have future. We cant improve her capabilities. We need VLS from start but after 4th ship still 8 anti ship and ram launcher. Mean no use in war against real enemies.

Russian navy using 1000ton ships to hit targets 1500km away and we are still talking about our MILGEM with 2300ton and no full air defence no ground attack capability.

Even USa shocked after 1000 ton ships fired 1500 range missiles. Now they are talking about new concept about it. I think MILGEM dont have future. We cant improve her capabilities. We need VLS from start but after 4th ship still 8 anti ship and ram launcher. Mean no use in war against real enemies.

such strategic Goals can be just achieved with political power and stability.

foreign powers try to use their Proxy cryptos in Turkey like the german KOC(H) Family to impose a coalition government and political instability, followed by downgrading of turkish economical foresight by Standard&poors and similar capitalist organisations

In such a Scenario a defence industry would be obsolete and cancelled from new CHP/MHP/HDP coalition government.

The 4th ada class has steel cut

The 1st Type 214 SSK also started

Anyone know status of second LST ?

Image from first one
14.JPG

Second LST construction are commenced !

LSTSacKesim2.jpg

i didnt say we must buy foreign stuff. We need groud attack capability. Russia has fast industry but we have not. they can adapt anythink in short time but we cant and because of that we must think twice before a sentence.

also your CHP/MHP/HDP coalition idea BS:

Bulent Bostanoglu reportage in Nov-2014.

Milgem Handed over ceremonies to TN

-Milgem Burgazada- 2018
-Milgem Kinaliada-2020

Longer range and Mk-41 capable I class frigates
-F-515 TCG Istanbul- around 2021-2024

First TF-2000 frigate - 2023 (hand over to navy)
TN is waiting surface to air missiles of Roketsan.

Cebre class AIP submarines - 2021-2026
Levent LHD - 2020
Sancaktar-Bayraktar LST - 2017
Alemdar MOSHIP - 2015
Isın-Akın RATSHIP- 2015
6 ATR-72 : 2017-2018
6 General Purpose Helicopter: 2016
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles: 2016
-Genesis ADVENT (For I class frigate + TF-2000 frigate CMS) + MÜREN Submarine Combat Management system projects are proceeding
-MK-54 Torpedoes are taken delivery for aerial platforms
-MK-48 Torpedoes- 2017-2022

Akya Torpedo project
-Design and engineering phase has been completed with firing trials. Phase-2 (Test and Production) phase commenced. Akya torpedoes will enter into inventory in 2018.

-"Nusret" Mine Firing Mechanizm has been developed by Tubitak and tested succesfully in Erdek bay.
-Aselsan developed Munfesih-L1 unmanned surfare ship which offers great capabilities.

Milgem last ship called Kinaliada
9E47Rk.jpg

Silah sistem projelerinde Akya torpido, satıhtan havaya milli güdümlü mermi, Sea Hawk helikopterlerine Temren güdümlü mermi entegrasyonu, Temren tedariği, Atmaca füze sistemi, milli müşterek seyir füzesi (Gezgin), yakın hava savunma sistemlerinin modernizasyonu ve tedariği yer almaktadır. Ayrıca Meltem-3 deniz hava projesi kapsamında gözetleme ve karakol görevleri için uçak ve genel maksatlı helikopter tedariği, komuta-kontrol kapsamında ise Savaş Yönetim Sistemi Entegrasyon ve İşletim Yazılımı GENESIS ADVENT’in uygulamaya konması ve denizaltı savaş sistemlerinin milli imkânlarla geliştirilmesi (Milli Üretim Entegre Denizaltı Savaş Yönetim Sistemi-MÜREN) öngörülmektedir.

http://www.bilgesam.org/Images/Dokumanlar/0-38-2015083152deniz-kuvvetleri.pdf

Thanks @AVCI @Nutuk

Temren Missile (Mizrak-D)
Atmaca anti-ship Missile
National Joint Cruise Missile (Gezgin)
National SAM integration (Hisar family)
Akya integration (533mm heavy torpedo)

for Turkish Navy !

@isoo @Neptune

Last edited:
Temren looks like a different missile from umtas-d. Because it has been entegrated to sehawks years ago.

Silah sistem projelerinde Akya torpido, satıhtan havaya milli güdümlü mermi, Sea Hawk helikopterlerine Temren güdümlü mermi entegrasyonu, Temren tedariği, Atmaca füze sistemi, milli müşterek seyir füzesi (Gezgin), yakın hava savunma sistemlerinin modernizasyonu ve tedariği yer almaktadır. Ayrıca Meltem-3 deniz hava projesi kapsamında gözetleme ve karakol görevleri için uçak ve genel maksatlı helikopter tedariği, komuta-kontrol kapsamında ise Savaş Yönetim Sistemi Entegrasyon ve İşletim Yazılımı GENESIS ADVENT’in uygulamaya konması ve denizaltı savaş sistemlerinin milli imkânlarla geliştirilmesi (Milli Üretim Entegre Denizaltı Savaş Yönetim Sistemi-MÜREN) öngörülmektedir.

http://www.bilgesam.org/Images/Dokumanlar/0-38-2015083152deniz-kuvvetleri.pdf

Thanks @AVCI @Nutuk

Temren Missile (Mizrak-D)
Atmaca anti-ship Missile
National Joint Cruise Missile (Gezgin)
National SAM integration (Hisar family)
Akya integration (533mm heavy torpedo)

for Turkish Navy !

@isoo @Neptune

Excellent news! Btw, is this from the DZKK report, which must be posted one or two pages back bro?

Also, it talks about Mk48 heavy torpedoes, I doubt its the early variant. Are we expecting Mod 7 CBAS? It means like 2x destructive power to today's submarine fleet. Please tell us its mod 7 :D

Excellent news! Btw, is this from the DZKK report, which must be posted one or two pages back bro?

Also, it talks about Mk48 heavy torpedoes, I doubt its the early variant. Are we expecting Mod 7 CBAS? It means like 2x destructive power to today's submarine fleet. Please tell us its mod 7 :D

Neptune, where's the article talk about MK48? I see a reference to coastal torpedoes, which is likely MK54:

1024px-WTUS_PostWWII_mk54_pic.jpg

Turkey already uses the MK46, the MK54 is its replacement:

1024px-MK46_torpedo_launch.jpg

Turkey has requested the MK48 in the past:

Turkey Requests MK 48 Torpedoes From USA |

Mod 6 configuration.

I'm seeing the words heavy torpedo, but no reference to MK48. My Turkish isn't bad, but it's not great either.

Last edited:
Neptune, where's the article talk about MK48? I see a reference to coastal torpedoes, which is likely MK54:

1024px-WTUS_PostWWII_mk54_pic.jpg

Turkey already uses the MK46, the MK54 is its replacement:

1024px-MK46_torpedo_launch.jpg

I'm seeing the words heavy torpedo, but no reference to MK48. My Turkish isn't bad, but it's not great either.

I know, I've seen its launch mate :lol:

46 is the backbone of Turkish surface combatants as the primary ASW munition.
Mark 48, Here it is mentioned:

Turkish Naval Programs | Page 124

Mark 48, Here it is mentioned:

Turkish Naval Programs | Page 124

:lol: Well that explains why I could find MK48 in the PDF link... but Turkey's buying Mod 6 according to the Defense Security Cooperation Agency:

The Government of Turkey has requested a possible sale of up to 48 MK 48 Mod 6 Advanced Technology All-Up-Round (AUR) Warshot Torpedoes, containers, fleet exercise sections, exercise fuel tanks, surface recovery cage and tools, exercise hardware, maintenance facility upgrades, support and test equipment, spare and repair parts, personnel training and training equipment, publications and technical documentation, U.S. Government and contractor engineering, technical, and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics support. The total estimated cost is $170 million.

Republic of Turkey - MK 48 TORPEDOES

Up to Mod 6, so it can't be Mod 7:(.

I know, I've seen its launch mate :lol:

I don't doubt a squid's seen one, just some general info for the less knowledgeable or industry experienced members.

PDF's got plenty of them, and not too many navy people like you or Sven.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom