What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

HISAR-O_BTF_foto.jpg

Nose section is pointed like radar guided missiles.

Last edited:
Similar design and similar length surface to air missile, Iris-T SLM. Diehl expects to reach 35-40km. If we consider capabilities of Roketsan which is designing/developing advanced rocket motors for European Aspide SAM project, Otomat missiles; We can expect Hisar-O to reach similar ranges with rival Iris-T SLM. I expect that Hisar-A will reach a range around 15-20km scale.

For precision of both Hisar missiles, Aselsan developed IIR seeker heads, later Radar seeker will play a serious role.

Diehl Iris-T SLM
IRIS-T-SLM-Start.jpg.3315586.jpg

Last edited:
Now all we need is a fancy truck... They should give up with BMC PROFESYONEL... They should produce a truck for these kind of current and future misssiles... 1 kind of a truck specially designed & produced for missile systems...

Last edited:
HISAR-O_BTF_foto.jpg

Nose section is pointed like radar guided missiles.

Nose section has a protective cover. It is automatically opened in terminal phase.
Cover protects lens not to heat up under the high air pressure in front of seeker head caused by missile speed. Heaten lens provides blur images that makes detection of target difficult from long ranges...

Thanks putty...

Pressed air in front of seeker head (Hisar missiles are designed to reach 3 Mach speed) causes lens to heat up 350-400 degrees.
0231-1.jpg

Results
0232-2.jpg

At the beginning HİSAR-O missile design was different and now it looks more like HİSAR-A...

Beginning...

1406272431018.jpg

Now...

1406272454472.jpg

Why the missile fire in a 45 degree angle?

This first tests are done to see succesfull take off and seperation of missile from launcher.

At the beginning HİSAR-O missile design was different and now it looks more like HİSAR-A...

Beginning...

View attachment 40492

Now...

View attachment 40493

It is no need to design bigger fins for missiles which uses TVC control. Center fins are mostly to keep flight stabiity of missile, While aft fins + TVC carry out sharp maneuvrings...

Last edited:
imilar design and similar length surface to air missile, Iris-T SLM. Diehl expects to reach 35-40km. If we consider capabilities of Roketsan which is designing/developing advanced rocket motors for European Aspide SAM project, Otomat missiles; We can expect Hisar-O to reach similar ranges with rival Iris-T SLM. I expect that Hisar-A will reach a range around 15-20km scale.
For precision of both Hisar missiles, Aselsan developed IIR seeker heads, later Radar seeker will play a serious role.
Defence noob here: Cabatli i have a question, is far as i understood is Hisar O a medium range Air defense missile up to 10000 ft and now your talking about Hisar A with 15-20km, if we can produce them why do we need Chinese HQ9 or Patriot, i mean 20km is high enough not?

Defence noob here: Cabatli i have a question, is far as i understood is Hisar O a medium range Air defense missile up to 10000 ft and now your talking about Hisar A with 15-20km, if we can produce them why do we need Chinese HQ9 or Patriot, i mean 20km is high enough not?

Bro, I don't have also much knowledge about it because Range is a complicated issue. I will try to tell What I understood but It isn't mostly known wheather decleration of missile manufacturers regarding their products' ranges are the one that we imagine in our minds.

but Simply, The range is mostly described in two way. Vertical and horizantal. Vertical ranges are what we call as max altitude performance of missile, While horizontal ranges are described as the flight length of missile over a straight line. Compound (Hypotenuse) of two (Vertical/Horizontal) lines are mostly considered as actual range or however you call it. :)

In that result, PAC-3 has an vertical range of max. 20km, and actual range is around 120km. If we see Hisar-O have a vertical range of 15km and actual range of 40km as medium altitude SAM, Hisar-A with 8-10km vertical and 15-20km actual ranges, It will make us happy more than enough.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom