What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

In that result, PAC-3 has an vertical range of max. 20km, and actual range is around 120km. If we see Hisar-O have a vertical range of 15km and actual range of 40km as medium altitude SAM, Hisar-A with 8-10km vertical and 15-20km actual ranges, It will make us happy more than enough.
Hmm, it looks like Patriot has a much higher actual range than what we are developing now but increasing the range shouldnt be a problem once we mastered the technology or not?

Hmm, it looks like Patriot has a much higher actual range than what we are developing now but increasing the range shouldnt be a problem once we mastered the technology or not?

Aselsan/Roketsan collaboration is making pressure SSM to commence development of a PAC-3 equivalent missile system based on Hisar. At feasibility reports, They proved that Turkey have that technology at present. I don't know What SSM/government is going to do because They are trying to find a solution to HQ-9 and NATO dead-end at present.

Aselsan/Roketsan collaboration is making pressure SSM to commence development of a PAC-3 equivalent missile system based on Hisar. At feasibility reports, They proved that Turkey have that technology at present. I don't know What SSM/government is going to do because They are trying to find a solution to HQ-9 and NATO dead-end at present.
And thats where i dont get the point of getting ToT from foreign sources.

Thx for the video, it says we have Nike Hercules with vertical range of 33km and actual range of 155km in our inventory, thats more than enough but it seems like its old technology, do you think its still useful for todays requirements?

After we take all air defence systems into inventory there will be no need our F-16s against syria's jets and helicopters... I think using F-16s cost to much for these missions...

But i wanna ask something... Can't we use our current air defence systems against these syrian helis and jets including hawks, atılgan, zıpkın etc... ?..

And thats where i dont get the point of getting ToT from foreign sources.

Thx for the video, it says we have Nike Hercules with vertical range of 33km and actual range of 155km in our inventory, thats more than enough but it seems like its old technology, do you think its still useful for todays requirements?

Nike Hercules are out of inventory at present. LORAMIDS are an old project coming to current with some modifications. In times when LORAMIDS commenced, Turkish industry didn't mature enough to manage development of such a strategic missiles on its own so Project model was designated as direct procurement. Later, Industry started development of many sensitive missile technologies along with complete missile programs. This time, It is assessed that gaining some technology from LORAMDS will benefit much for advancing Turkish missile industry so Project model is modified as co-production and ToT. Selection is also done with that model but Wherefrom Aselsan commenced development of CAFRAD like a strategic radar system that Norway, Spain and S. Korea like countries order equivalent system from USA; and Hisar-O like medium altitude strategi SAM missiles that will be integrated on frigates as well, Confidence of As/Rok collaboration reached top and so They need to introduce their capabilities SSM to develop one step ahead platform Hisar-U but SSM/Government is already in same mind like co-production project model.

Most interesting part of the story is;

If SSM can't deal with China, Second platform that won the tender will be EuroSAM but As far as I know (I can't remember where I read but), They will deliver first batteries within 7-8 years (Most probably, Production lines are busy with assembling Aster-30 to FREMM frigates), While Aselsan foreseens seven years for design/development schedule...

After we take all air defence systems into inventory there will be no need our F-16s against syria's jets and helicopters... I think using F-16s cost to much for these missions...

But i wanna ask something... Can't we use our current air defence systems against these syrian helis and jets including hawks, atılgan, zıpkın etc... ?..

They are in use at Syrian border bro...

Last edited:

Problem is chemical missiles (SRBM) of Esad, if he had'nt got these missles we would be enter in Syria for overthrow him.... another problem Russia want military naval port in Syria, so we offered them somethings but they rejected.

They keep kill people.

So why our F-16s are in the air 7/24 on that area ?..

IMO current air defence systems are not enough...

Syria is a hornets nest filled with AD units, yet Israel has struck deep inside a dozen times.

You want to win a war? Project power? Strong airforce is the key.

If SSM can't deal with China, Second platform that won the tender will be EuroSAM but As far as I know (I can't remember where I read but), They will deliver first batteries within 7-8 years (Most probably, Production lines are busy with assembling Aster-30 to FREMM frigates), While Aselsan foreseens
t is equipped with 650 static SA-2, SA-3 and SA-5 launchers, 200 mobile SA-6 and SA-11 launchers and over 4,000 anti-aircraft guns ranging from 23mm to 100mm in caliber. There are also two independent SA-8 and SA-10 SAM Regiments, each with four batteries of 48 mobile SAMs.

The Syrian early warning system comprises Long Track; P-12 Spoon Rest; P-14 Tall King; H-15 Flat Face; P-30 Big Mesh; P-35 Bar Lock; P-80; PRV-13; PRV-16 Thin Skin mobile and static radar sites throughout Syria.

I always wondered, how Israel have been able strike Syrian targets with ease.... Also I wonder if Turkey has similar capabilities as IAF ?

@500 @Archdemon

There is big reason to meddle, they are kill our brother/sisters help of evils...

Its their internal business, why should we put the weight of conflict over our people when its not even has anything with us ? would you like foreign powers to involve in your internal issues, like Kurdish problem ?

You're free to call them your brothers and sisters, me and millions of other people don't feel any affliation with them other then feeling sorry for the inhumane actions done by everyside in the conflict.

t is equipped with 650 static SA-2, SA-3 and SA-5 launchers, 200 mobile SA-6 and SA-11 launchers and over 4,000 anti-aircraft guns ranging from 23mm to 100mm in caliber. There are also two independent SA-8 and SA-10 SAM Regiments, each with four batteries of 48 mobile SAMs.

The Syrian early warning system comprises Long Track; P-12 Spoon Rest; P-14 Tall King; H-15 Flat Face; P-30 Big Mesh; P-35 Bar Lock; P-80; PRV-13; PRV-16 Thin Skin mobile and static radar sites throughout Syria.

I always wondered, how Israel have been able strike Syrian targets with ease.... Also I wonder if Turkey has similar capabilities as IAF ?

@500 @Archdemon
If our relationship with Israel would have been good,we wouldnt have the need to buy any other system,we would have developed a ''indigenous'' system with help from Israel;).

israelis are really very good (if not the best) in EA/EP/ECCM/ESM/ECM. don't think turkey has that potential. besides, in addition to EW pods on jets, they're surely jamming SAA's radars with boeing 707 ECM planes.

Back
Top Bottom