What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

t is equipped with 650 static SA-2, SA-3 and SA-5 launchers, 200 mobile SA-6 and SA-11 launchers and over 4,000 anti-aircraft guns ranging from 23mm to 100mm in caliber. There are also two independent SA-8 and SA-10 SAM Regiments, each with four batteries of 48 mobile SAMs.

The Syrian early warning system comprises Long Track; P-12 Spoon Rest; P-14 Tall King; H-15 Flat Face; P-30 Big Mesh; P-35 Bar Lock; P-80; PRV-13; PRV-16 Thin Skin mobile and static radar sites throughout Syria.

I always wondered, how Israel have been able strike Syrian targets with ease.... Also I wonder if Turkey has similar capabilities as IAF ?

@500 @Archdemon
IAF suffered heavy loses in 1973 war. Thats why Israel invested a lot in developing new SEAD methods. Prime method were battlefield UAVs, TV guided missiles and decoys. Thats how IAF took out the Syrian aid defences in 1982:

Operation Mole Cricket 19 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On paper TuAF has very similar capabilities, they even have Harpy anti radiation drones. But there is also experience factor.

IAF suffered heavy loses in 1973 war. Thats why Israel invested a lot in developing new SEAD methods. Prime method were battlefield UAVs, TV guided missiles and decoys. Thats how IAF took out the Syrian aid defences in 1982:

Operation Mole Cricket 19 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On paper TuAF has very similar capabilities, they even have Harpy anti radiation drones. But there is also experience factor.

Well, i was more interested in
Operation Orchard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki don't have enough information about how the Syrian Air Defence systems have been supressed... ?

Well, i was more interested in
Operation Orchard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki don't have enough information about how the Syrian Air Defence systems have been supressed... ?
Most of the Syrian air defences are concentrated along the border with Israel and coastline.

Israeli planes bypassed them at low altitude through Turkish border using heavy jamming. Something like this:

syriaovervie.1406295767.jpg

Most of the Syrian air defences are concentrated along the border with Israel and coastline.

Israeli planes bypassed them at low altitude through Turkish border using heavy jamming. Something like this:

syriaovervie.1406295767.jpg

Thanks. :)

Can you elaborate on the Heavy jamming part... I mean which systems ? Link to those systems would be sufficient enough.

Turkey and Israel are two countries in own region which keeps the strongest air forces so Turkey's borders are shaped to counter it. In this way, Syria and Greece keep really complicated and strong air defence umbrella as a response to situation so Turkey is developing solutions to ArmedForce like Israel does...

Those can be listed as following;

-Electronical Warfare Pod program (Tubitak SAVTEK-Aselsan)
http://www.tubitak.gov.tr/sites/default/files/cagri_dokumani_ehpod.pdf
-AirSoJ program (Aselsan) (1+3 aircraft)
Airborne Stand-off Jammer (SOJ) Systems
-Land based Stand off jammer (Aselsan)
Land Based Stand-off Jammer (SOJ) Systems
-Anti-Radiation UAV program with a range of 1000km

Israeli AirSoj
111_Sqn_G550_CAEW.JPG

Turkish AirSoj design
SOJG-550.jpg

Aselsan LandSoj is under field test phase at present
karakonuslu.jpg

Aselsan is an advanced institute that can be considered around top on Electronic warfare area.

EW Pod Aselsan (Combat-Master)
daf988df.jpg~original

SAR POD development will be on schedule as well...

Last edited:
Turkey and Israel are two countries in own region which keeps the strongest air forces so Turkey's borders are shaped to counter it. In this way, Syria and Greece keep really complicated and strong air defence umbrella as a response to situation so Turkey is developing solutions to ArmedForce like Israel does...

Those can be listed as following;

-Electronical Warfare Pod program (Tubitak SAVTEK-Aselsan)
http://www.tubitak.gov.tr/sites/default/files/cagri_dokumani_ehpod.pdf
-AirSoJ program (Aselsan) (1+3 aircraft)
Airborne Stand-off Jammer (SOJ) Systems
-Land based Stand off jammer (Aselsan)
Land Based Stand-off Jammer (SOJ) Systems
-Anti-Radiation UAV program with a range of 1000km

Israeli AirSoj
111_Sqn_G550_CAEW.JPG

Turkish AirSoj design
SOJG-550.jpg

Aselsan LandSoj is under field test phase at present
karakonuslu.jpg

Aselsan is an advanced institute that can be considered around top on Electronic warfare area.

EW Pod Aselsan (Combat-Master)
daf988df.jpg~original

SAR POD development will be on schedule as well...

First photo is of Singaporean Early Warning and Control.
iafgulfstreamshavitsema.jpg
172801.jpg
2010_11_25_0733.jpg
69417260.jpg

guys, go to google, search spj-20 (or anything israeli tech related) then try to reach elbit's site. i couldn't. site says my ip is blocked. same was with some gov.il sites. is it just me, or does israel blocks turkish ip's?

I have no problems.... mate, I think there is an isse with your connection.. Remember a few days ago a weird message popped up one of your posts.

@telkon are you using proxy? Maybe you have an ip thats known for hacker attacks?

yeah, i recall such thing. that bitch dns problem drove me crazy LOL. i think i should review my net connections :butcher:

Back
Top Bottom