What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

I wonder that turkey has no need for a long range Bomber, after his expansion plans (LPD...).

Long Range Bomber will be very expensive to realise, here we would also fully rely on foreign Engines. No one West will see that Turkey have such strong Power Projection Capabillity ! It seems to be more realistic to drop ALCM on Parachutes from Transport Aircraft, with the Disadvantage of Lower Speed and Transport Capabillitys will be used for Strike missions instead of bringing Troops and Supply to War Zone !

@cabatli_53 @Sinan
I would like F110 because our F16 fleet operates with it and it would be extremely easy to maintain.
However, F110 is slowly becoming outdated and T/W ratio is not good enough.

EJ200 is a modern engine, I would like it because the T/W ratio is good but the sheer trust of the F135 is higher than two EJ200...
Not good unless we want a trijet :)
It's not worth introducing a new engine for so little gain.

So I'm in favor of a single-F135 engined fighter here. Unless a better choice comes up. Great engine from all aspects imaginable, and due to F35 we'll acquire it anyway. I think TURAF knows what they want. And they should get it.
I wonder that turkey has no need for a long range Bomber, after his expansion plans (LPD...).
LPD/LHD project isn't about power projection, it's about improving our amphibious capabilities in the surrounding seas.

So the answer to your question is no, there's no such plan, and there won't be in a forseeable future.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure about this. We will see.
Dude, GE & RR have stopped the development of F136... There's no alternative left, All F35 users will use P&W F135.
What are you not sure about?
What would be the role of the TFX.. i always thought that it will be a air-superiorty fighter. Since we are getting F-35s for multi-purpose role.
I'd like that but single F135 generates more thrust than two EJ200s.. it's pointless

Twin-F135s would be too much, the plane would end up bigger than PAK-FA or Chengdu JXX :D

F110 GE132 is maybe the only viable twin engine candidate. But it's getting old, not as sophisticated as the new engines...

Dude, GE & RR have stopped the development of F136... There's no alternative left, All F35 users will use P&W F135.
What are you not sure about?

We are talking about ouf F/X not F-35, i don't know if US wills to share their latest state of art jet engine with us.

Kara Kuvvetleri Karayel İHA'ları teslim almaya hazırlanıyor

karayel-700x350.jpg

Most probably delivery ceremony of A400-M will be made in this sunday if our Air Force completes their work about it... I say this sunday because Erdoğan said he will be in Kayseri on Sunday...

We are talking about ouf F/X not F-35, i don't know if US wills to share their latest state of art jet engine with us.
Turkey will be producing almost of part of f135 engine and is the only country after the USA with this capability. It is offered by Turkey to pull the price of f35 down but obviously Turkey will earn a lot of experience from this project.

Back
Top Bottom