What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

You seriously believe this ?
Why not, if we can produce the mid section of the F35, we can produce the rest of the fuselage and wings too...
We've been assembling jet fighters since the introduction of F16 to TURAF.

We can take a couple of EJ200s, and build a plane around them... conceptual designs are already finished.
We can sell these fighters to Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Ukraine, any ex-warsaw pact, ex-soviet country that has bad relationships with Russia will be interested :)

Also we'll have all the avionics nationally developed, I trust ASELSAN for the fire control radar and HMCS. What's left?

I don't think we'll be able to produce an engine like F135 in the next 30 years though :lol: that's another thing

Last edited:
I have question for our turkish brothers
do you think USA will allow turkey to complete TFX program???
i read some news that USA told turkey to choose between F-35 and TFX program

I don't remember we were asking permission from anyone... :)

Turkey chose Chinese HQ9 air defence systems against American Patriot...
they b*tch about it but there's nothing they can do.

Last edited:
There was something about that but i dont think that they are serious

I don't remember we were asking permission from anyone... :)

Turkey chose Chinese HQ9 air defence systems against American Patriot...
they b*tch about it but there's nothing they can do.

I know about HQ9 and that is a good for turkey
and i'm not saying turkey asking for permission....
i read news....

You seriously believe this ?

What makes a fighter 5th generation ?

TAI has advanced stelth fuselage production materials. Aselsan has all advanced GaN based radar and Electronic/Avionic/EW devices.

TFX will be conventional takeoff and landing only....right??

Yes.

AirForce wants single engine stealth with no canard design but TAI and SSM pushes for twin engine variants. Great probability, The fighter design to be choosed will be Twin engine stealth 5th generation design.

tai-tfx-fighter.jpg

What happened with saab?
TAI has adopted a design software from them, and they assisted with the initial designs. Results are above :)

@cabatli_53
a single engine configuration would make sense... as long as that engine is F135

but supercruise ability is crucial.

and APG 68(v)9 won't cut it, we need an AESA

Last edited:
AirForce wants single engine stealth with no canard design but TAI and SSM pushes for twin engine variants. Great probability, The fighter design to be choosed will be Twin engine stealth 5th generation design.

Brother, do you know why our air force is against the use of canards and twin-engine configuration? I understand that both come with their advantages as well as disadvantages, but I just wonder how our air force reasons regarding their wishes.

TAI has adopted a design software from them, and they assisted with the initial designs. Results are above :)

@cabatli_53
a single engine configuration would make sense... as long as that engine is F135

but supercruise ability is crucial.

and APG 68(v)9 won't cut it, we need an AESA

What would be the role of the TFX.. i always thought that it will be a air-superiorty fighter. Since we are getting F-35s for multi-purpose role.

Brother, do you know why our air force is against the use of canards and twin-engine configuration? I understand that both come with their advantages as well as disadvantages, but I just wonder how our air force reasons regarding their wishes.

-Both single-engine & Delta Canard fighter configurations will possess a maximum take-off weight of between 50,000lb and 60,000lb, whereas the maximum take-off weight of the twin-engine concept measures a littile more between 60,000lb and 70,000lb.

-TAI wants to go ahead with twin engine variant.
-Turkish AirForce and TAI officials visited installations of PW, GE and Eurojet.

*For single engine configuration, It is F-135 engines talked with P&W.
*For twin engine configuration, Officials are in talk with GE for F-110-GE-132 and Eurojet for EJ-230. (As you see At twin engine configuration, The solution is bigger to reach expected limits.)

Turkish AirForce requires TF-X fighters with thrust power of 40000lb+(for all configuration, It is the thrust limit of TF-X) on a single engine configuration with F-135 engines (TuAF wants to benefit Logistic advantages of same engines for two different new generation aircraft to be joined into inventory in 2020's. F-35 and TF-X) but;

Due to export policies of USA for such critical and new powerfull products, It is being discussed the impossibility of acquiring F-135 so TAI wants to develop twin engine configuration with other engine solutions typed above (2 GE-135(32000lbx2 or 2 EJ-230 ( 23000lbx2). At all conditions, It is expected to have a fighter design which will have a thrust ratio more than 40000lb+.

TF-X Twin Engine

saab2-600x400.jpg

What would be the role of the TFX.. i always thought that it will be a air-superiorty fighter. Since we are getting F-35s for multi-purpose role.

F-35: Air to Ground equipped with SOM-J, HGK-1,2,3; KGK-1,2,3; DMT, NEB-1,2, LGK
F-X: Air Superiority Fighter (Main AA missiles: Roketsan/Tubitak/Aselsan SRM, LRM)
T-X: Almost same cockpit with F-X along with similar but smaller fuselage design jet trainer...

Last edited:
I wonder that turkey has no need for a long range Bomber, after his expansion plans (LPD...).

Back
Top Bottom