What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Savunma Sanayii Müsteşarlığı

1.jpg

Guys let's discuss something serious about our T/F-X...

Do you think our T/F-X should have Variable-sweep wing aka swing wing design???...

I think this is a great idea... It looks perfect for speed & agility...

F-11 & F-14 & MIG-23 has that design...

Now...

Is it a good thing and can we do that ?..

Here wiki page...

Variable-sweep wing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here wiki page for planforms...

Planform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some videos about the subject...

Guys let's discuss something serious about our T/F-X...

Do you think our T/F-X should have Variable-sweep wing aka swing wing design???...

I think this is a great idea... It looks perfect for speed & agility...

F-11 & F-14 & MIG-23 has that design...

Now...

Is it a good thing and can we do that ?..

It was a great idea - during its time prior to the late 70's. However, technological advances has made it obsolete - from Wiki:
... the recent advances in flight control technology and structural materials have allowed designers to closely tailor the aero-dynamics and structure of aircraft, removing the need for variable geometry to achieve the required performance.

It was a great idea - during its time prior to the late 70's. However, technological advances has made it obsolete
Not just that, those were extremely expensive to maintain F111 Aardvark and F14 Tomcat must be the most expensive to maintain fighter jets in US military history.

Although B1 Lancer is still feasible, it's not very capable :)
There's lots of criticism over B1
n981123z-14c.jpg

Why they should remove Aselsan's SAR and use Meteksan's Mildar both of them are SAR ?

What will be the difference ?
It might be a late response but, SAR is for making the pic of the ground and find the enemy ground forces from far above the sky, through clouds or bad weather. It will push UAV industry and its abilities a lot.
Mildar, is going help helicopter to attack ground forces during the bad weather where laser designation might not work well. I think, having Mildar on turkish helicopter will push t129 sale in International market too.

some gossip there on the internet, so TF-X going to has two engines so will be long range ability, F-35 will using for air-to-ground missions so TF-X will use for AA missions as generally so maneuver ability must be good...

It was a great idea - during its time prior to the late 70's. However, technological advances has made it obsolete - from Wiki:

I thought i found a very good thing about our T/F-X... :(

BTW that comment in wiki needs citation... Any chance ? :confused:

w.jpg

What was the actuall start day of the TFX Program? Im talking about serious start date not just talk.

What was the actuall start day of the TFX Program? Im talking about serious start date not just talk.
No start yet,only conceptional designs,dont think it will ever start.
Wait for the next SSM meeting,they will probably cancel the program(personal opinion).

I thought i found a very good thing about our T/F-X... :(

BTW that comment in wiki needs citation... Any chance ? :confused:

I wouldn't think there is a chance for that to happen to TFX, brother. It would over-complicate things for us, not to mention that non of the current generation of fighter jets (PAK-FA, JSF, J-20, ...) features variable sweep-wings, AFAIK, and that for a reason.

Not just that, those were extremely expensive to maintain F111 Aardvark and F14 Tomcat must be the most expensive to maintain fighter jets in US military history.

Although B1 Lancer is still feasible, it's not very capable :)
There's lots of criticism over B1
n981123z-14c.jpg

Has Turkey long range Bomber?

Japan will make his first flight of his 4. Generation fighter this year, maybe turkey can involved in this project.

Has Turkey long range Bomber?
Japan will make his first flight of his 4. Generation fighter this year, maybe turkey can involved in this project.
No, Nothing of the sort
Turkey will make it's first 5. generation fighter in the next 10 years. With the export laws in japan there's very little chance for cooperation.

Back
Top Bottom