What's new

Turkish aviation company to deliver upgraded F-16s to Pakistan

ozi2000

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

Turkish Aerospace Industries will deliver last four of modernized F-16 fighters to Pakistan on Tuesday.
World Bulletin / News Desk

Turkish Aerospace Industries has modernized the last four of Pakistan’s F-16 fighter jets, completing a five-year contract.

The remaining four aircraft will be handed over in a ceremony in Ankara on Tuesday.

The company, known by the acronym TUSAS, signed a contract with Pakistan’s Ministry of Defense in 2009. Under the program, Turkish technicians were to upgrade and test 41 aircraft.

The first of the planes were delivered two years ago.

TUSAS began co-producing U.S.-designed F-16s for the Turkish Air Force in 1984 and is one of the world’s main aerospace companies involved in F-16 manufacture and modernization.

It has also upgraded the Royal Jordanian Air Force’s F-16s.

Turkish aviation company to deliver F-16s to Pakistan | Diplomacy | Worldbulletin News

TUSAS, by competing with other F-16 manufacturing companies, has been selected as the contractor, in the tender of Pakistan Air Force F-16 Modernization (Peace Drive II) Program and signed a contract with Pakistan Ministry of Defense in June 2009.

Under the program, TUSAS's engineers and technicians perform avionics and structural modernization of a total of 41 F-16 aircraft that are in the inventory of Pakistan Air Force (PAF). The test flights of each modernized aircraft are also performed by TUSAS's F-16 Test Pilots.

The Peace Drive II program, which started in October 2010, is planned to be completed by September 2014. The required parts, material and technical data are furnished to TUSAS in accordance with another contract between U.S. government and PAF.

Within the scope of the Peace Drive II Program, TUSAS also provides classroom and on-the-job training to 72 PAF technicians. Upon completion of their training, the technicians directly participate in the ongoing modernization activities at TUSAS.

It is interesting to note that PAF which helped Turkey to induct TuAF's first F-16 squadron is helping PAF to upgrade..

It is interesting to note that PAF which helped Turkey to induct TuAF's first F-16 squadron is helping PAF to upgrade..

For fuvck's sake we have pointed that out many times. It was USAF and Israeli Air Force.

Gimme a one credible link for your claim and I will go nude.

you mean the ones in use now?

No assurity but 2019/2020 time period is crucial if TuAF decides to replace older F-16s or keep them longer like F-4 Terminators.

Delivered Aircrafts from Peace Onyx II most likely. I read Peace Onyx I are not allowed to be sold to any Air Force but things do change PAF did buy Jordanian AF FMS purchased F-16s...Peace Onyx I delivery/development that started from 1987 could also be an option.

TAI Pakistan F-16’larını modernize etti

sonuc1-700x350.jpg

Yes I do really expect Turkish vipers to be in PAF inventory in the near future as we know PAF is and will be trying to get vipers from 3rd party / friendly nations to reach its mark of 100's plus vipers this plan of PAF has not changed nor will so lets see how it plays out. Also if funds are there PAF for sure should go for the option of new 18 blk 52's and keep searching for further vipers from friendly nations.

Yes I do really expect Turkish vipers to be in PAF inventory in the near future as we know PAF is and will be trying to get vipers from 3rd party / friendly nations to reach its mark of 100's plus vipers this plan of PAF has not changed nor will so lets see how it plays out. Also if funds are there PAF for sure should go for the option of new 18 blk 52's and keep searching for further vipers from friendly nations.
F-16s are fine for the short to medium term, but PAF needs to start thinking about the long term. The neighborhood AFs are starting to gain momentum when it comes to advanced 4th gen and early 5th gen fighters.

Back
Top Bottom