What's new

Turkish aviation company to deliver upgraded F-16s to Pakistan

F-16s are fine for the short to medium term, but PAF needs to start thinking about the long term. The neighborhood AFs are starting to gain momentum when it comes to advanced 4th gen and early 5th gen fighters.

I agree bro but we can not compare our selves with them and specially when it comes down to funds $ as you know the current status of our country. PAF initial plan is simple fill in the gap get many f-16's as possible to reach the mark of 100 plus . Second replace all older aircraft with thunders and then move on to 5th gen aircraft . One can not move forward to 5th gen aircraft and beyond unless house is up to date older aircrafts have to go make room for upgraded or newer aircrafts and then if funds are there options are always available for 5th gen aircrafts makes perfect sense. PAF is on the right track in my mind lets hope and pray for the best just my thought once again I can be wrong go fig.

I agree bro but we can not compare our selves with them and specially when it comes down to funds $ as you know the current status of our country. PAF initial plan is simple fill in the gap get many f-16's as possible to reach the mark of 100 plus . Second replace all older aircraft with thunders and then move on to 5th gen aircraft . One can not move forward to 5th gen aircraft and beyond unless house is up to date older aircrafts have to go make room for upgraded or newer aircrafts and then if funds are there options are always available for 5th gen aircrafts makes perfect sense. PAF is on the right track in my mind lets hope and pray for the best just my thought once again I can be wrong go fig.
Agreed, but PAF should at least plan on it. Deterrence is a must, and with India's AF gaining a large tech advantage, PAF needs to counter it.

Agreed, but PAF should at least plan on it. Deterrence is a must, and with India's AF gaining a large tech advantage, PAF needs to counter it.

Bro honestly , PAF is planning on it just because we don't hear about a leaked news at times doesn't mean that PAF is sleeping I mean they have caught us of guard several times with surprises they know the threat is real and is here in real time but again like I said house needs to be up to date to move forward inshallah we shall see 5th gen fighters in the near future in PAF.

Bro honestly , PAF is planning on it just because we don't hear about a leaked news at times doesn't mean that PAF is sleeping I mean they have caught us of guard several times with surprises they know the threat is real and is here in real time but again like I said house needs to be up to date to move forward inshallah we shall see 5th gen fighters in the near future in PAF.
What kind of 5th Gen has Pakistan been looking at? Perhaps Pakistan could cooperate with Turkey and get the Turkish TFX 5th Gen fighter sometime in the future (2023 +)

What kind of 5th Gen has Pakistan been looking at? Perhaps Pakistan could cooperate with Turkey and get the Turkish TFX 5th Gen fighter sometime in the future (2023 +)

Chinese bro PAF was heard to be getting involved with them in the program , yes if not with them why not with you Turkish brothers but again if it TFX will have American parts then uncle sam will get pissed to let PAF get any where close to it.

Back
Top Bottom