What's new

Turkey could be considering Pakistani produced JF-17 fighter aircraft

Pakistani jets for Turkey

Hussain also said four ships would be built under the project, two of them in Turkey while two more in Pakistan’s Karachi province.

About Turkey’s procurement of the single-propeller Super Mushshak trainer aircraft from Pakistan, the minister said: “Turkey is procuring 52 Super Mushshak trainer aircraft from Pakistan. This is [a] very good training aircraft for basic training of pilots.

“This aircraft is very popular in other countries of the world. Many countries [are] using this aircraft, and we are exporting.”

He said Turkey was also considering Pakistani produced JF-17 fighter aircraft.

“They are considering this aircraft, because they know in detail about this aircraft. In future, let’s hope [for the procurement].”

About Pakistan’s fight against terrorism, he said Pakistan is at the frontline of the fight against “this menace”.

“Our armed forces have two operations. We have started [anti-terror] Zar-e-Azb operation three years back. Now, we started another operation Radd-ul-Fasaad,” the minister said.

http://aa.com.tr/en/asia-pacific/pakistan-looks-for-helicopters-naval-ships-from-turkey/979403
Turkey don't need JF 17s but I am hopeful both brothers join hands in developing 5th gen stealth fighter jets.

Turkey don't need JF s17s but I am hopeful both brothers join hands in developing 5th gen stealth fighter jets.
Using systems registered under NATO comes with lots of baggages and can be cause for compromising on ops. Recent example being the denial of Pak instructors!! Having a parallel set of weapons is increasingly getting more traction with the Turkish authorities as the security icalcus in the neighborhood is changing fast...

Using systems registered under NATO comes with lots of baggages and can be cause for compromising on ops. Recent example being the denial of Pak instructors!! Having a parallel set of weapons is increasingly getting more traction with the Turkish authorities as the security icalcus in the neighborhood is changing fast...
Different strokes for different folks. Or in this case different fighters for a situation which NATO does not like or sanction. Interesting argument but a compelling one. A work horse that maybe more economical than the current 16s to run, replacement for the Phantoms as F35s would not be expected to carry out the brunt of the work but specialized missions. It can be accomodated into the currentTurmish setup due to Turkish software and hardware changes but if needed can be a free radical.
Good thinking. Now we need to wait for Bl.3 and then see what happens. I think this is when the orders will come in. Is this the time for EJ series to get introduced for "interested buyers with more grander designs"? The base line product has been reviewed but the top of the line product could be what people are waiting for.
A

Turkey urgently needs aircraft they can use against the Kurds in Syria without American meddling / hidden switches / bugs / etc
Pakistan needs attack helicopters, warships and a host of Turkish defense products.

It is a desperate win-win situation. Only reason it is not happening is there is no one to push this deal. Everyone is either paralyzed or sold out to a certain nation with blue and red flag.

To top it all its a barter deal that would bring exports of products for both countries. It would be laughable that such a deal is not being made, had it not been so depressing.

I think this is an opportunity for Pakistan and for the JF-17, an opportunity of a lifetime. Turkey is in its greatest struggle since the Cyprus crisis. It needs diplomatic support at minimum and would appreciate help, and surely remember it for a long time.

If a symbolic fleet of 4 JF-17s were loaned for the Olive Branch operation, it would give the JF-17 great publicity, one more combat proven badge, and help a friend in need (which is the biggest and most important aspect).

What do you think? I am not a Pakistani but I thought of sharing this idea as I think it's a win-win for everyone.

PAF have enough JFT to deploy half a squadron or a full squadron for few years. PAF more 4th gen JFT in its inventory than most airforces across the globe.

NATO angled will stop it from happening .

The thing is doe's Turkey need the JF17's when they have hundreds of F16's.

But by the way Turkey already has 200+ F16 and all of them are 100% operational
:o: 200+ is fairly big vs "0" planes for pkk

In war time, operational cost increases in multiple folds, JF17 can give them punch with 1/3 operational cost for the same job done by F16. It will be good for both PAk and Turkey. It will reduce life span of JF17 but give us real time environment output and it worth alot

The role of Jf17 and F16 is not the same. Why turkey will take a risk losing it's F16 when a low cost Jf17 can do the job.You should aware of SAM .The kurds are directly supported by the US government and USA can supply them any missile like patriot! nobody knows.My personal opinion is to stay away from this conflict because of its a regional politics.The kurds are muslim too.I am not a big supporter of killing another muslim brother for personal interest .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom