What's new

Turkey cancels visit by Swedish minister as planned protests stoke tension

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are even working with Russia to build nuclear plants. They are openly playing both sides, while complaining about some noname burning a book only witnessed by journalists. Its ridiculous.
Meanwhile,Lavrov scolded Greece for helping NATO.

Russia sold S-400s to Turkey,are helping them build nuclear plants,didn't do anything do them for giving TB2s to Ukraine...and they get angry because we didn't take their side.

Meanwhile,Lavrov scolded Greece for helping NATO.

Russia sold S-400s to Turkey,are helping them build nuclear plants,didn't do anything do them for giving TB2s to Ukraine...and they get angry because we didn't take their side.
The turkish armed forces are mainly meant to control its own population and threaten Greece. Not exactly:
NATO promotes democratic values and enables members to consult and cooperate on defence and security-related issues to solve problems, build trust and, in the long run, prevent conflict

They are even working with Russia to build nuclear plants. They are openly playing both sides, while complaining about some noname burning a book only witnessed by journalists. Its ridiculous.
So what? What is wrong with wanting a independent foreign policy? Not every country wants to be a vassal state of the US like your Denmark is.

So what? What is wrong with wanting a independent foreign policy? Not every country wants to be a vassal state of the US like your Denmark is.
Thats right. Turkey doesnt need the security garantees NATO offers, right?

Listen, he is connected with sexual crimes with minors or something llike that and has obvious mental illness, so something deeply flawed is within your laws as the person like this get promotion and police protection instead jail time for minor sex offences or mental facility to treat his patological urges to antagonize already considerable part of swedish population.
He gets police protection because he applied to do a demonstration, and there are really very special conditions to stop anyone from demonstration in Sweden.
Like some already got approval to demonstrate at that time and location.
Once it is approved, police should protect the demonstration.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
He gets police protection because he applied to do a demonstration, and there are really very special conditions to stop anyone from demonstration in Sweden.
Like some already got approval to demonstrate at that time and location.
Once it is approved, police should protect the demonstration.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
So, every lunatic and suspicios person can get police protection to express his idiocy? We both know it is not true but from some reason you insist on that dubious amd contradictory position.

Thats right. Turkey doesnt need the security garantees NATO offers, right?
I don't know about that but if you are are angry your master the US could kick them out.

So, every lunatic and suspicios person can get police protection to express his idiocy? We both know it is not true but from some reason you insist on that dubious amd contradictory position.
Everyone that gets a permit to demonstrate gets police protection if it is deemed neccessary, yes. I doubt that a demonstration of mothers demanding cheaper milk would get that many policeofficers. A demonstration by people that will attract other people trying to disturb the demonstration would get much more.
That also allows for first class witnesses if they step over the line and incite violence.
That is what the law says, and it is neither dubious or contradictory.

Everyone that gets a permit to demonstrate gets police protection if it is deemed neccessary, yes. I doubt that a demonstration of mothers demanding cheaper milk would get that many policeofficers. A demonstration by people that will attract other people trying to disturb the demonstration would get much more.
That also allows for first class witnesses if they step over the line and incite violence.
That is what the law says, and it is neither dubious or contradictory.
You did not address any of my points and give me some general observation about public security, if is that your way of puting under the carpet double standards and minimizing whole incident, so be it. But know that you can not fool anyone who has common sense and basic information about incident, i would even say that he was encouraged by new rigth wing goverment to do so :).

You did not address any of my points and give me some general observation about public security, if is that your way of puting under the carpet double standards and minimizing whole incident, so be it. But know that you can not fool anyone who has common sense and basic information about incident, i would even say that he was encouraged by new rigth wing goverment to do so :).
No, I pointed out that if you have a valid permit for a demonstration you may get police protection, if they think it makes sense. The guy had a valid permit.
That answers your question. The rest is just whining.

Since everyone in the same situation may get police protection, if it is deemed neccessary, there is no double standard. If some Muslims want to demonstrate against burning of the Quran, they will get a permit and most likely police protection.

He was not encouraged by the new right wing government. He was encouraged by a self appointed journalist and provocateur which paid the $30 cost of the permit.
The journalist has had ties to Sverigedemokraterna which are not part of the government. The government do depend on the support of SD in left-right issues.

We believe that people should be allowed to express their opinion without inteference from the government.

Why do you think You would benefit if we introduced laws against hurting other peoples feelings? What if we hanged everyone denying the holy trinity, thus hurting the feelings of every Christian? Would you feel good about us hanging every Muslim as a result if your demands? We would have to continue and hang every religious person until people stop being offended.

Erdogan has offended every Orthodox Christian by making Hagia Sofia a Mosque.
When are Muslims going to demonstrate against that?
That is the real hypocricy.

Last edited:
No, I pointed out that if you have a valid permit for a demonstration you may get police protection, if they think it makes sense. The guy had a valid permit.
That answers your question. The rest is just whining.

Since everyone in the same situation may get police protection, if it is deemed neccessary, there is no double standard. If some Muslims want to demonstrate against burning of the Quran, they will get a permit and most likely police protection.

He was not encouraged by the new right wing government. He was encouraged by a self appointed journalist and provocateur which paid the $30 cost of the permit.
The journalist has had ties to Sverigedemokraterna which are not part of the government. The government do depend on the support of SD in left-right issues.

We believe that people should be allowed to express their opinion without inteference from the government.

Why do you think You would benefit if we introduced laws against hurting other peoples feelings? What if we hanged everyone denying the holy trinity, thus hurting the feelings of every Christian? Would you feel good about us hanging every Muslim as a result if your demands? We would have to continue and hang every religious person until people stop being offended.

WHy you gave permition to the convicted pedophile and racists in his own country that is the really question.
Regardin feelings thin you already did, no burning lgbt or israel flags and so on, so another inconistency in your own logic.
How can he offend any beleiver changing status from museum to the place of worship of one God?

How can he offend any beleiver changing status from museum to the place of worship of one God?
Because it was a Cathedral built originally to worship the one God. And you turned it into a mosque.

See? You are offending my beliefs now.

WHy you gave permition to the convicted pedophile and racists in his own country that is the really question.
Because convicted persons still have the right to Freedom of Expression.
Regardin feelings thin you already did, no burning lgbt or israel flags and so on, so another inconistency in your own logic.
That is your claim, and it is a load of rubbish. Israeli flags are burnt all the time by Muslims in Sweden without prosecution.
I personally would not see that burning an LGBT flag would be prosecutable.
You of course have no proof of your claim.
A little checking show that you are lying.
The Chancellor of Justice in Sweden dismissed a case where a Pride flag had been burned as it was not ”inciting violence”.

You are desperate to make this a result of anti Muslim rules, but the rules do not care if you are a Muslim or a Pastafarian.

That is an arrogant statement, for which you would be hanged, if we applied your rules. You know very well that it is offensive, and much more so than burning the Quran.

Last edited:
Because convicted persons still have the right to Freedom of Expression.

That is your claim, and it is a load of rubbish. Israeli flags are burnt all the time by Muslims in Sweden without prosecution.
I personally would not see that burning an LGBT flag would be prosecutable.
You of course have no proof of your claim.
A little checking show that you are lying.
The Chancellor of Justice in Sweden dismissed a case where a Pride flag had been burned as it was not ”inciting violence”.

You are desperate to make this a result of anti Muslim rules, but the rules do not care if you are a Muslim or a Pastafarian.

That is an arrogant statement, for which you would be hanged, if we applied your rules. You know very well that it is offensive, and much more so than burning the Quran.
i think your country prosecuted someone for insulting Ana Frank and that cancel all of prepostorous rambling abut freedom of expression..., i am sure you will find many more cases which collude with your logic in your state.

I know your rules very well dl not need to remind me in every reply, i respect those your state your rules but have some decency and acknowledge the same rules when applied as reaction to your rules.

What?

There is a difference in burning a religious book which is universal, belongs to citizens of practically every country and the Hagia Sofia which during the Ottoman times was a mosque. Also Hagia Sofia belongs to Turkey so they are within their rights to do what they want just as Spain did with Great Mosque of Córdoba turning it into a Cathedral. If you want to say "Yes its our laws we do what we want" fine, then don't criticize other countries for doing what they want too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom