What's new

Turkey cancels visit by Swedish minister as planned protests stoke tension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain did with Great Mosque of Córdoba turning it into a Cathedral. If you want to say "Yes its our laws we do what we want" fine, then don't criticize other countries for doing what they want too.
There was already a church built on the site,before the Great Mosque was built.

Also @A.P. Richelieu mentioned Hagia Sofia to show that you offend the feelings of an entire religious group.

You're offended by this,we're offended by that etc.

Every time a Muslim does something bad,you see people going like "Muslims are more than 1 billion people,that's just one guy" or "he's not really a Muslim..." but if some crazy guy does something that offends Muslims....oh no,they go full Dictator

MuslimsAngry1.jpg

You can't have double standards.

There was already a church built on the site,before the Great Mosque was built.

Also @A.P. Richelieu mentioned Hagia Sofia to show that you offend the feelings of an entire religious group.

You're offended by this,we're offended by that etc.

Every time a Muslim does something bad,you see people going like "Muslims are more than 1 billion people,that's just one guy" or "he's not really a Muslim..." but if some crazy guy does something that offends Muslims....oh no,they go full Dictator

View attachment 913219

You can't have double standards.
Hagia Sofia is a bad example when trying to compare the Quran burning, a similar example might be Muslims burning the Bible (which they would never do) or another religious book.

Sweden allows quran burning so it needs to accept ridicule from people around the world. Part of that ridicule is what people perceive as double standards being displayed by the same Swedish political party. There is a difference when state law is ok with something like this vs when an individual muslim decides to do something and be on the major news of every channel.

It is funny to say that some are allies, when one threatens with casus belli and he will come at night to attack the other.
Cold war made strange bedfellows old chap
Meanwhile,Lavrov scolded Greece for helping NATO.

Russia sold S-400s to Turkey,are helping them build nuclear plants,didn't do anything do them for giving TB2s to Ukraine...and they get angry because we didn't take their side.
Well, out of fear for Turkey, Greece allowed a pretty big American military buildup. I'd say he has a point.

Erdogan has offended every Orthodox Christian by making Hagia Sofia a Mosque.
In this context he did the right thing. There were no legal legitimacy to turn Aya Sofia into a tourist spot. I hope you understand as you are peddling knowledge about rule of law in this thread very extensively.

And Christians can't complain here as they lost this building in the Age of Empires. And it became the personal property of the Ottoman Sultan.
When are Muslims going to demonstrate against that?
Never.
That is the real hypocricy.
LOL, you're the hypocrite here man.

i think your country prosecuted someone for insulting Ana Frank and that cancel all of prepostorous rambling abut freedom of expression..., i am sure you will find many more cases which collude with your logic in your state.

I know your rules very well dl not need to remind me in every reply, i respect those your state your rules but have some decency and acknowledge the same rules when applied as reaction to your rules.

What?
What You think is quite obviously not the truth.
A woman working for Sverigedemokraterna, a racist party, was taken off the air in their television channel for making comments in bad taste about Anne Frank.
They were exercising their Freedom of Speech. They gave her other things to do.
Freedom of Speech does not give you right to speak for someone else.

Have some decency and do not use lies to prove your point.

Hagia Sofia is a bad example when trying to compare the Quran burning, a similar example might be Muslims burning the Bible (which they would never do) or another religious book.

Sweden allows quran burning so it needs to accept ridicule from people around the world. Part of that ridicule is what people perceive as double standards being displayed by the same Swedish political party. There is a difference when state law is ok with something like this vs when an individual muslim decides to do something and be on the major news of every channel.
Yes, Hagia Sofia is much, much worse.
Muslims are desperately trying to insult Sweden, for having Freedom of Speech. They burned the Swedish flag in Turkey. It is not the first time that Muslims are insulting people. They expect that Muslims should never be insulted.

The text in the Quran offends many. If Blasphemy laws came into place, I am pretty sure the Quran would be banned for denying the Holy Trinity. That is why we do not have Blasphemy laws any more.

Last edited:
And Christians can't complain here as they lost this building in the Age of Empires. And it became the personal property of the Ottoman Sultan.
So should the Israelis take the Al Aqsa mosque and turn it into a museum?

What You think is quite obviously not the truth.
A woman working for Sverigedemokraterna, a racist party, was taken off the air in their television channel for making comments in bad taste about Anne Frank.
They were exercising their Freedom of Speech. They gave her other things to do.
Freedom of Speech does not give you right to speak for someone else.

Have some decency and do not use lies to prove your point.

Yes, Hagia Sofia is much, much worse.
Muslims are desperately trying to insult Sweden, for having Freedom of Speech. They burned the Swedish flag in Turkey. It is not the first time that Muslims are insulting people. They expect that Muslims should never be insulted.

The text in the Quran offends many. If Blasphemy laws came into place, I am pretty sure the Quran would be banned for denying the Holy Trinity. That is why we do not have Blasphemy laws any more.
So, why this guy is not taken of the street from same reason? You see how stupid amd selective your logic is?

Do not lie and follow chronology, you sarted with insulting so why your piece of cloth is exeption or you deny freedom of expression for those people?

You are christian? If not why you bother with religious texts?

So, why this guy is not taken of the street from same reason? You see how stupid amd selective your logic is?

Do not lie and follow chronology, you sarted with insulting so why your piece of cloth is exeption or you deny freedom of expression for those people?

You are christian? If not why you bother with religious texts?
Who do You think should take him off the street?
The government was not involved in the Anne Frank decision.
The guy burning the Quran was not a member of Sverigedemokraterna.
The journalist has contacts with Sverigedemokraterna but he is an independent entity. Sverigedemokraterna has no right to influence his journalism.

So there is no selective logic going on, just you who fail to understand the situation.

And let me repeat: You have no right to represent the opinion of others.

Noone in Sweden believes that they need to protest against the burning of the Swedish flag in Turkey, since we do not deny that Turks have / should have Freedom of Expression - even if it is an insult. Muslims believe that Freedom of Expressions does not include insulting others, so them burning flags, while demanding that Muslims are not insulted is hypocritical.

I certainly have been exposed to christianity. This comes to mind:

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Last edited:
Who do You think should take him off the street?
The government was not involved in the Anne Frank decision.
The guy burning the Quran was not a member of Sverigedemokraterna.
The journalist has contacts with Sverigedemokraterna but he is an independent entity. Sverigedemokraterna has no right to influence his journalism.

So there is no selective logic going on, just you who fail to understand the situation.

And let me repeat: You have no right to represent the opinion of others.

Noone in Sweden believes that they need to protest against the burning of the Swedish flag in Turkey, since we do not deny that Turks have / should have Freedom of Expression - even if it is an insult. Muslims believe that Freedom of Expressions does not include insulting others, so them burning flags, while demanding that Muslims are not insulted is hypocritical.

I certainly have been exposed to christianity. This comes to mind:

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
Anyway good luck with that logic when your FM goes to Turkyie to salvage situation. I am sure he will not use your brainstormimg.

He will need to bend the knee and apologize in order to be acknowledged as representative of civilised country.

He will need to bend the knee and apologize in order to be acknowledged as representative of civilised country.
So far we've seen Erdoğan bending the knee. First to Putin,then to Saudi Arabia,UAE,Israel and then to Assad and Sissi. Also went to Biden.

Anyway good luck with that logic when your FM goes to Turkyie to salvage situation. I am sure he will not use your brainstormimg.

So all your criticism has turned out to be - just hot air without substance.

We are not going to apologize for having Freedom of Expression.
That is not what civilized countries do.
The PM has shown some sympathy, thats all.

Any signs that he would go longer than the tri-party agreement, is likely to result that he is forced to resign. The main advisor to the PM was today forced to resign due to illegal fishing of a protected species (Eels). Violating the constitution is much more serious.

Meanwhile an Egyptian living in Sweden is planning to burn a Torah in front of a Synagogue and a Bible in front of a Church.

Any signs that he would go longer than the tri-party agreement, is likely to result that he is forced to resign. The main advisor to the PM was today forced to resign due to illegal fishing of a protected species (Eels). Violating the constitution is much more serious.

Meanwhile an Egyptian living in Sweden is planning to burn a Torah in front of a Synagogue and a Bible in front of a Church.
No, i just do not have time for you gish galoping in defenecing undefencable....

And start enforcing your own kaws for once and do not ignore them just because muslims are interested party, arrest this guy and prosecute him in accordance with articles below.

Attachments

• FncjyYgaQAACcvv.jpeg
    FncjyYgaQAACcvv.jpeg
    314.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Screenshot_20230126-171852_Twitter.jpg

Your so called Civilized world has blocked me for this tweet. Freedom of speech my foot
Screenshot_20230126-171852_Twitter.jpg

No, i just do not have time for you gish galoping in defenecing undefencable....

And start enforcing your own kaws for once and do not ignore them just because muslims are interested party, arrest this guy and prosecute him in accordance with articles below.
You do not get it.
It is not considered an attack on believers to attack what they believe in.
If you burn a copy of a law, you protest against that law. You do not neccessarily incite violence against those that made the law.
Again, you fail to understand how things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom