What's new

TTP Offers Conditional Ceasefire to Govt Of Pakistan

The End Game is about to begin , TTP knows it , they also know that Soon their Rope will Run out , hence the Back foot on negotiations.

ISI has already infiltrated Deep into TTP line , it wont be long before we get Rid of these Scums.

My issue is... as an Ex-Nationalist leader and the Chief editor of the Nationalist Monthly I developed a number of contacts which are now helping me in providing information for my book and they give me negative reviews. I initially as a journalist wrote only to defend Pakistan but apparently its the job of one to look at things critically and analyze. We can't write for the purpose of giving a positive view of Pakistan but give a story, usually with negative connotations. as thats what big publications make their money from.

Our minds reporting on all the negatives eventually become "used to things" but we also know a number of things others don't. I can qoute figures firsthand and know the situation within because of my contacts and my research. I will tell you Secur things are very bad currently and not a lot is making sense.

I will give you two case studies:

South Waziristan was claimed to have been cleared. Only one sub-division Sararogha is cleared. Locals say Taliban are everywhere, army says area is cleared. Army is only at hilltops, outposts and check-posts. Regular attacks are carried out by militants. @TaimiKhan who i believe is a soldier himself recently made the claim that these attacks come from North Waziristan somehow. By magic? Tiarza has no border with North Waziristan and has seen attacks. Even the Bhittani belt to the east has seen attacks by commander Asmatullah Shaheen Bhittani (Operation Rah E Nijat) I think if we really need an operation it has to be in South Waziristan. Correspondents tell me Hakimullah still comes to Ladha at night as he pleases and after banging his wife slips away quietly. The forces often know about militant movements... but orders are to engage militants only when they fire at security forces. Otherwise nothing.

Lets move to Orakzai. Now lower Orakzai is at peace... but my friend from Kalaya (the HQ) informs me that lower orakzai (a subdivision) is the only one cleared as yet despite almost constant skirmishes near Kalaya and Sultanzai (You won't find those on the map-inside info ;) ) (Operation name was Khwakh ba de sham)

Now lets look at the leadership:
The Pakistani Taliban's top leaders - The Long War Journal

Till now only Muslim Khan, the past spokesman for the TTP has been captured. Other important people killed or captured are Hakimullah or Baitullah's (previous TTP chief's) sons. Other than that no one has been killed. You can take a look at that list. Either those who died, died in a drone strike.

So I think we seriously have to rethink our role in this war. If we can't beat a ragtag militia do we really have a part in the war? Second, we often cite US/Indian support. But then... it should have provided us with a morale boost to fight them? If US support is the reason they are surviving and thriving... then public should be told about it... furthermore it also means allying ourselves to US is a wrong move.

We are a very confused people Secur, we have no foreign policy. US signed a nuke deal with India and offered them better F-16's than us. We are in a situation and things can begin to get better only when we drive the Taliban out. Not just that, boost morale.

For an independent researcher like me all I find is failures.

I would say... we have no strategy in mind to beat terrorism just like we have no foreign policy plans. US is going to abandon us as it had after 1980's. We need to plan what to do.

Thank you for the detailed reply mate ... First of all , which party you were a leader of , bro ? Yes , I saw in your Signature about the novel you are writing on the " War on Terror " ... Why exactly are they giving such negative reviews ? Of course , the media cant increase its TRP unless it criticizes the Govt or paints a gloomy picture of affairs ... That much is nothing new and I do no think it is a problem because everybody is " free to express his/her opinions " ... Critically analyzing things helps one in understanding the problem and giving solutions for it ... Criticism for the sake of criticism is another thing though which the media usually thrives on ... As you are saying here ...

Let me tell you the common people has become too desensitized to violence and death of a 8-10 people daily in Pakistan is nothing unusual for the average Joe here ... You are making things sound as if we are " on the verge of defeat " somehow ... Though your information seems somehow accurate ...

Indeed , South Waziristan is claimed by the Govt to be cleared of militants but now you are telling me that only a sub-division or two was cleared ... Do you think its even possible ? The journalist are allowed and encouraged by the army to go there and they aren't reporting that sort of things ... Just some hit and run insurgent attacks which are common for these militant outfits ... North Waziristan on the other hand seems out of the hand of state of Pakistan for now , I agree and I cant think of any reason why the army is hesitant to go there ... There's nothing more important and necessary at the moment than bringing peace to Pakistan because this war has almost brought our economy to a total halt ... If the forces know about the movement , what wisdom lies there is allowing them free pass and only engaging them when they engage the forces ? :what: It doesn't make sense ... Think of the operation in " Swat " , how long did it take for the Pakistan Army to bring back peace there ? In a few months , all the refugees were returning back and situation is normal in that area ... The things you are telling me about " Orakzai Agency " are believable though because even the forces haven't claimed total eradication of militants ... However keep in mind , that most of the time they are from the other side of the Durand Line while the US and ANA commanders are enjoying " Jack Daniels " in their check posts ... Thats one of the reason , Pakistan Army doesn't want to fight in North Waziristan for now because they now the Talibans will flee to Afghanistan and these coalition soldiers wont do anything ... Why ? Beyond comprehension again !

Muslim Khan , Baitullah and Hakimullah are dead of the TTP ... It is another thing that two of them were killed in drone strike which somehow makes me justify those , since we aren't making much progress in taking care of their leadership however the killing of innocent tribals is unacceptable ... But , Pervez Musharraf in his book " In the Line of Fire " lists almost dozens of important members of AQ and Taliban that were either killed or captured and handed over to US to rot in Guantanamo - I dont fuckin care if they are being treated inhumanely ... The enemies of Pakistan deserve no concession ...

Mate , dont you think its the Govt which is confused in dealing with militants , not the army ? Because until Musharraf was the leader , we were almost on the verge of winning this war in our country , let Afghanistan alone ... Surely , we can beat that rag tag militia but now they are being supported by other foreign intelligence agencies to destabilize the country , God knows when the Interior minister who claims to have evidence will release them to public and UN ... No , one believes that US is the reason that we are " existing " as a country , the aid rejected by the army is in peanuts and cant run a country of 180+ million people ... The alliance with US at various times in history has proven to be disastrous for the state but the damn leaders have always been desperate to take shake hands with them whenever offered ... The reasons again are beyond me , is it the weaponry we seek ? Surely , if we have a well developed economy , every single country in the world would be willing to sell military equipment just like you see with India now ... Its not surprising that US sells weapons to India too , Russia does that too ... This thing is about " money " , no such thing as " Ummah " or " brotherhood " exists ... Where are the Arab countries who put us in the mess in the first place ? Sadly , no where ... Pakistan from its birth had no stable foreign policy and as a reason we are seeing this fall out now , with our major allies developing ties with the countries that are hostile to us ... Do you see any KSA offering to put money in the country to help in these times ? :no: ... Why dont we look at our interests first , before thinking of the delusional " Ummah " which doesn't exist ? Why are we reluctant to import Oil and Gas from Tehran to overcome the energy crisis , is it because we think we will make the Gulfies unhappy ? The same GCC whose few countries are fuelling insurgency in Baluchistan ? :azn:

Yes , we have to sit and lay out a plan ... Surrender is no option ... Cease fire will just give them enough time to re group , rest and come to fight again ... This is unacceptable , we can only negotiate with those who are willing to throw arms , not otherwise ... Its about time that Pakistan Army and its paramilitaries launch operations in tribal areas bringing every single goddamn piece of military equipment in our inventory to the battlefield and fight ... Ask the US to seal the border , if they dont , like the past , we can at least tell the world their hypocrisy ... US will be gone after 2014's , its safe in its territory ... We will the ones to suffer due to our extremely short term foreign policies since '47 ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir I disagree majority of Pakistani laws and also our economy is not according to Islamic law and orders and we need to change that and we should take this as an opportunity and start talks with the Taliban and also bring Ulemas like Mufti Rafi Usmani and Mufti Taqi Usmani and Maualana Samil ul Haq and also take help help from Uleams from Saudi Arabia they can help us in point us what are un Islamic things in our laws and also tell TTP what are they doing wrong this can help in ending this war which has destroyed many lives in Pakistan and also our economy

Exactly... Agreed Sir... Especially liked the bold parts.

They are talking about Quran and Sunnah and they might himself never read the Quran.........what they do suicide bomb last, killing of innocent peoples, kidnapping in the name of Jihad....Terrorism, Bank Robberies......what all bullshit is this......
TTP they are toys in the hands of foreign agencies.....even recently Pakistani Agencies track the TTP leader Ahsan Ullah Ashan's calls and the location was in safe house in Quetta, This safe house is for one of front line country in War on Terror.
Why they should waste their time in praying and all other religious nonsense things when the most learned person on earth our beloved ZARVAN bhai have exempted them by issuing fatwa on behalf of Allah, after duly consulting HIM on one o one meeting ?
I strongly believe that only what zarvan bhai is saying, is true and all things which goes against him and his ideology, are in fact part of a very deep and dangerous conspiracy against islam.

Why they should waste their time in praying and all other religious nonsense things when the most learned person on earth our beloved ZARVAN bhai have exempted them by issuing fatwa on behalf of Allah, after duly consulting HIM on one o one meeting ?
I strongly believe that only what zarvan bhai is saying, is true and all things which goes against him and his ideology, are in fact part of a very deep and dangerous conspiracy against islam.

While Zarvan repeats what he's taught, have you wondered who taught pakistanis this warped sense? Its the army that signed multiple deals with the taliban in the past. Its the army that refuses to go into north waziristan. Try to make sense of the following instead of just picking on Zarvan.

Correspondents tell me Hakimullah still comes to Ladha at night as he pleases and after banging his wife slips away quietly. The forces often know about militant movements... but orders are to engage militants only when they fire at security forces. Otherwise nothing.

The military approach of 'crush & squash' won't work. I don't know if PA has some assurance that Afghan Taliban won't help TTP once USA leaves but this possibility can not be ruled out. The biggest problem is sympathizers within Pk, I think TuQ was called for the same purpose (empower sufi version of Islam). TTP has VERY strong ideological grounds and its best to defang them first.

:rofl:ouch! Weren't they pro-Indians?
Haha, Indians have no idea about TTP

Haha, Indians have no idea about TTP
Dude, It wasn't Indian who said that. we all know who are TTP and who are Afghan Taliban.

With one you have no problem but with other, well they did attack you over and over, so you are against them.

For me, both are extremists. They are not good for Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The best approach that Pakistan should follow is create a division between GOOD TTP and BAD TTP. There are TTP members that are sick and tired of senseless violence against poor people of Pakistan by Hakimullah faction ( BAD TTP ). Support GOOD TTP fight the BAD TTP.

It's not just him that we need to get, which by the way is not that difficult. I say, neuter most of the Mehsuds, throughout history they have been the ones who have sold their own for a dollar.

I hope we get Hakimullah Mahsud the next time we go in there. That guy is an animal responsible for a large amount of murder.

The best approach that Pakistan should follow is create a division between GOOD TTP and BAD TTP. There are TTP members that are sick and tired of senseless violence against poor people of Pakistan by Hakimullah faction ( BAD TTP ). Support GOOD TTP fight the BAD TTP.
There is no good amongst them, they have killed our innocent jawans and civilians and they shall pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom