What's new

Trump team takes issue with Pakistani version of phone talk

Panamagate, Dawnleaks national security breech and other issues, its seems are getting to the head of Nawaz. He is just good at looting and hiding his ill gotten money. State cannot function like this with these incompetent buffons and self centered morons in power who got no clue no how to run the country forigen policy and how to protect Pakistan core national interests.

They don't have to
Then how how do you know the substance of the release is incorrect? You said my analogy was incorrect - read below. Clearly Swazi government has not denied the contents. Thus my analogy holds.
but the Swaziland gov't itself said nothing about it.

stands as a breach of standard protocol.
That of course is separate issue. The first is - is the substance of the release correct. So far no denail or refutation has been offered, indeed the language suggest Trump's style of doing things a point noted by some American papers.

On the issue of protocol - yes there may have been a lapse but in the world where all sort of things are done this is a minor indiscretion.

recognize happens all too often in discussions with their Pakistani counterparts
You have in that sentance already made a judgement "need to recognize"?. I would disagree unless you can show Pakistan is any differant from other countries.

They don't have to; it stands as a breach of standard protocol. But it's a breach that non-Pakistani policymakers need to recognize happens all too often in discussions with their Pakistani counterparts.

One diplomat told me that the problem with Pakistan is so extensive that his counterpart reported to Pakistani press stuff totally different from their conversation - and when he complained to the press about it, he was told they'd print whatever they wanted. After that he stopped discussions with that official - it was safer not to say anything at all.

This for sure is a problem. Its been like this for the last 40 years. In fact we have this issue with everyone else too, including India, the only difference is, we are not in a War zone so not a lot of focus on other similar incidents as such. The foreign press Publish whatever they want to.

They don't have to; it stands as a breach of standard protocol. .

Also, do remember, what we refer to as "standard protocol" the rest of the world doesn't think of it. Its not a UN mandated protocol that everyone must adhere to. We say it because we are the most mature country when it comes to diplomacy and democracy.

You have in that sentance already made a judgement "need to recognize"?. I would disagree unless you can show Pakistan is any differant from other countries.
I don't think the burden of proof is on me here. If you care, you can look up protocols and research examples and see for yourself.

Personally, I'm amazed that the Chinese put up with it. The Pakistani official who reported the Chinese laughed at him about high-speed rail earlier this week is the latest serious protocol breach. I think the Chinese have had their temper on simmer for a long time, but keep in mind the fate of the much more generous Americans' image at the hands of the Pakistani press and gov't and stay quiet.

Also, do remember, what we refer to as "standard protocol" the rest of the world doesn't think of it. Its not a UN mandated protocol -
Perhaps "common diplomatic nicety" would be a more accurate phrase.

Dawn news has to be the most anti Pakistan newspaper in history of Pakistan...these mafia of media works without any checks and balances leash of steel must be put around their necks and put strangle hold against these rats if they get involved in anti state propaganda

I don't think the burden of proof is on me here
That protocol was broken is true. Was the substance of the release incorrect as you claim? I think the fact that there has been no refutation or denial by Trump camp confirms the substance of the release was correct.

On the separate claim you make that Pakistan has history above others in breaking diplomatic protocals - I think you need to back that claim since your making it.

And on a separate not I find myself defending Pakistan. I could easily let it pass as I am the biggest critic of some of the direction this country has taken, in paricular the rampant fake Islamism. However deespite this I genuinly believe Pak has recieved a terrible publicity in the Western world and often is the scapegoat for all manner of things. It is the the underdog and I like standing for the underdog.

On the separate claim you make that Pakistan has history above others in breaking diplomatic protocals - I think you need to back that claim since your making it.
Not gonna bother; this isn't int'l relations class. But I'll give you a hint: start by reading Pakistani newspapers and see how Pakistani leaders' conversations with other leaders are reported, vs. how leader-leader conversations are reported in non-Pakistani newspapers.

I genuinly believe Pak has recieved a terrible publicity in the Western world and often is the scapegoat for all manner of things. It is the the underdog and I like standing for the underdog.
PR is a local market and requires local expertise or long experience by personnel to grasp the correct attitudes to function correctly. Pakistan's gov't has made some missteps, like attempting to disguise their agents as "Kashmiri" or hiring crooked PR outfits. But too often it seems to boil down to "putting lipstick on a pig" - cosmetic changes or spin that cannot disguise the un-kosher nature of the product.

That's a question countries hire PR firms to research and answer.
The only un-kosher product in Pakistan is the hidebound refusal to recognize Israel. If Pakistani elite had the caring, the concern for the poor citizen it would recognize Israel. Alas that is not to be because the elite does not care for the poor.

The only un-kosher product in Pakistan is the hidebound refusal to recognize Israel. If Pakistani elite had the caring, the concern for the poor citizen it would recognize Israel. Alas that is not to be because the elite does not care for the poor.
Fear of the poor? Then perhaps what's called for is some new arrangement so that Pakistani elites feel it's safe to stop wielding blind hatreds and extrajudicial violence as a tool of rule? Not a "lipstick on pig" PR issue, more like replacing the pig with mouthwatering beef brisket - no lipstick needed, the gravy comes with the dish!

Trump's team said it was a productive talk..who cares about some former spokesman of a constipated administration!
Trump is an out-of-the-box thinker, he'll surprise everyone with his strait and colorful talk..

Still saying that too much stock is being put into one phone call. That Trump had a pleasant phone call with Nawaz Sharif doesn't mean anything. Don't be taken in by such surfaces. Pleasantries doesn't mean an alignment of interests.

Besides a few soundbites, Trump hasn't really made his policy towards Pakistan -- or India -- clear yet. Everybody should bide their time until he begins his term to see what happens. The biggest fear with Trump is that he's an unknown quantity with poor impulse control. He's liable to do and say anything.

Feel to us waqt karta jab Trump bolta ke phone call nahin huwi.

Itna v vella nahe trump mere bhai... Chalo khair choro.. Being a Pakistani i am supposed to be bezti-proof. So now i will pretend that nothing happened..

Back
Top Bottom