What's new

Trending: Bollywood 'soft ****' angers some Pakistanis

Your post is up above for everyone to see and judge. If everyone including you, is free to give an opinion, then so am I.

If I got personal, it was in response to you going personal. I care a fig if you tell me anything about myself. Water off the proverbial duck's back.

But when you mis-speak about Indian women, which you did, however you try to backpedal now, I take that as VERY personal. And I will respond in kind.

I didn't mis-speak about Indian women you can choose to believe it or not that depends on you but if that offended you then i apologise for that.

I didn't mis-speak about Indian women you can choose to believe it or not that depends on you but if that offended you then i apologise for that.

I apologize for calling you a bearded mulla as well. Peace.

agree with this point only.

BDW, Bolly movies are far less vulgar than Holly
dont confuse nudity with vulgarity.....for example...."a prisoner is kept naked and beaten by an iron rod" and "mallika sherawat looking at ur kids via the camera while gyrating her assets in such a way that u wanna forget ur wife" ...... which one do u think is more vulgar.
on the other hand, hollywood videos are absolute delight !!!!!!!!!

on topic---
bollywood is not for pakistan, not for the posh ppl living in delhi or for the buddheejevees of PDF, ....they are for the ordinary folk of india.....like it or not...the ordinary middle class of india is still not as choosy or "not tharki" as the aforementioned guys.

chill maro !!!! take a joint and watch a subtitled south indian movie. u will get fits of laughter.

Geo is not the only channel showing Bollywood content in Pakistan . Geo is disliked mostly because of its apparently "anti-pakistan" media campaigns on all levels . Showing Bollywood content does not offend most of the Pakistanis , Trying to portray Pak army and Intelligence agencies in a negative light does . And mostly anti-Geo sentiment is because of highly controversial personalities like Hamid Mir etc
its perfectly fine if pakistanis dont like Indian movies, as another pakistani poster pointed out, you got sufi culture so you life sufi movies (whatever that might mean I have no idea) but I will never attempt to watch your sufi movies (with buxom babes) and am quite happy with Indian soft ****.

its perfectly fine if pakistanis dont like Indian movies, as another pakistani poster pointed out, you got sufi culture so you life sufi movies (whatever that might mean I have no idea) but I will never attempt to watch your sufi movies (with buxom babes) and am quite happy with Indian soft ****.
It was never about culture. It was about theme and vulgarity in it. I am not saying that indian movies are bad but I am saying that indian movies with such things are bad. One of my favorite movie is "I am Legend" of Will Smith and there is no vulgarity in it but a good story.
They want to earn money and they are adding something which will attract the people. In this way, they are not actually creating good movies but soft ****.

Why watch the soft **** if you hate it :D
Who is watching you soft ****? Our dramas are better than yours and after the success of Waar, soon no cinema will screen your soft **** movies in Pakistan. :agree:

It was never about culture. It was about theme and vulgarity in it. I am not saying that indian movies are bad but I am saying that indian movies with such things are bad. One of my favorite movie is "I am Legend" of Will Smith and there is no vulgarity in it but a good story.
They want to earn money and they are adding something which will attract the people. In this way, they are not actually creating good movies but soft ****.

Who is watching you soft ****? Our dramas are better than yours and after the success of Waar, soon no cinema will screen your soft **** movies in Pakistan. :agree:
the question here is bollywood mostly produce movies that pakistanis consider vulgar. Not a few specific movies which are vulgar and some which are not.
How is it that you guys go with family (along with female members) and watch such vulgar movies. (in multiplexes). And most of these viewers are middle and upper class who till recently (till mushy opened up) wont visit theatres.
how does 1 or 2 good (?) movies of pakistani make, change the fact that most of your movies were unwatchable for your own elite/middle class.

Yeah bollywood was picking up in 2008,09 and 10 with movies like taare zameen par, wake up sid, 3 idiots, all comedies by Priyadarshan, dhoom 2 etc, and in those days Salman was failing miserably but unfortunately, he came with a bang with South Indian remake of Wanted which was good but this encouraged him enough to produce the trend changer, Dabangg, That, unfortunately, though increased the net earning, flushed the quality down the drain.

U and @IND151 guys baffle me! U guys see only a rarefull of South Indian Movies, which are being remade into Hindi. And South Indian movies are now producing films of such good story and quality. Those films are not being remade in Bollywood cos, the movie will fail out there.
When BS like Chennai Express break records, u know the kind of audience Bollywood has.
And Dabaang was remade into Tamil, which was a utter Flop here. THe audience here is better.

U and @IND151 guys baffle me! U guys see only a rarefull of South Indian Movies, which are being remade into Hindi. And South Indian movies are now producing films of such good story and quality. Those films are not being remade in Bollywood cos, the movie will fail out there.
You're right. A lot of south indian movies have deep stories and are more like art-films. Even the ones who don't do well in theaters usually get picked up on TV. I won't disagree that a lot of south's films are masala, like Vijay's or Ajith's but audiences here are more receptive to a philosophical\thoughtful drama than in the north. But crap like Chennai Express did well in the south too (I have no idea why) so I think people in the south don't mind watching all sorts of films. Sorry for derailing the thread.

As for "soft ****" angering Pakistanis, I think it's because they're brought up in a more traditional islamic culture and so it's expected.

Back
Top Bottom