What's new

Traditional Dresses of South Asia

People from Gaddi Tribe of Himachal Pradesh

gadditribalkanga_4580.jpg

gaddi-smile.jpg

97% of India's population are nothing like Pakistanis, and I proved it in my previous post. The 7 or 8% of Pakistanis (Mohajirs in Pakistan) you talk about are migrants from all across India not one or two places in India.

All of Sindh is in Pakistan. Not an inch of Sindh is in India so those Sindhis in India are migrants from Pakistan.

The truth of the matter is no Pakistani wants to be indian. Its just you damn indians always obsessed about us.

Sorry to derail this thread a bit but I actually agree with you a bit for once Omar. Although, it's actually more like 4-5% of Indians that share common ethnicity with Pakistanis at least with Punjabis and Kashmiris. Punjabis include those from Greater East Punjab: Indian Punjab, Haryana (Jatts) and Western Himachal Pradesh (Chamba, Kangra, Una, etc. areas) and Kashmiris include the Kashmiri Pandits and Kashmiri Muslims that share common ethnicity with the small percentage of ethnic Kashmiris that immigrated to Pakistan.

Not sure what nalandapride is talking about in relation to Uttar Pradeshi and Rajasthani Jats because Punjabi Jatts don't consider them as the same people like they do with Haryanvi Jatts who are often just considered Hindu Jatts.

Obviously there are the Sindhis as well but I'm not too sure on the percentage of Hindu or Indian Sindhis.

Anyways, in relation to the thread, here are a few types of Salwar Kameez worn by Indian Punjabis. Men's Salwar Kameez is referred to as Kurta Pajama.

salwar-kameez-vpsm-6016a.jpg

Red-Kameez-And-Punjabi-Salwar-Punjabi-Salwar-Kameez.jpg

Long+Shirt+With+Churidar+Pajama+-+Party+Dress.jpg

salwar+kameez+designs+for+free1.jpg

The versions of Salwar Kameez I posted are based on what I've seen women wear in the Sikh Punjabi diaspora community at wedding/engagement receptions.

i think yours n our dresses are little different. our men dont wear womens dress ie shalwar kameeg . punjabis in our side love bhangra its world famous and we are tall and big and we love to drink a lot. we are brought up a differnt way and we have differnt view of world than you guys and differnt mentality. we love our dresses and they suit best for us. hun bander kee janay adrak da swad

I don't know what you're talking about but in the West, male Sikh Punjabis do wear Kurta Pajama (male version of Salwar Kameez) to Weddings, Special Events, etc. if they're not wearing Western Suits. Also, Baba's only wear Kurta Pajama if they aren't wearing western styled clothing.

Also, the Bhangra clothes are only worn when performing Bhangra dances or in Bhangra songs. I've never seen it worn otherwise. Also, Pakistani Punjabis love Bhangra as well. At least the ones over here in the US and Canada.

The culture is slightly different between Pakistani and Indian Punjabis but that is mostly due to Muslim vs. Sikh influence. Otherwise, they're the same people.

Not sure what nalandapride is talking about in relation to Uttar Pradeshi and Rajasthani Jats because Punjabi Jatts don't consider them as the same people like they do with Haryanvi Jatts who are often just considered Hindu Jatts.

Obviously there are the Sindhis as well but I'm not too sure on the percentage of Hindu or Indian Sindhis.

I was definitely talking about Jaats irrespective of their religion as they have common origin. In India Sindhis form some 0.25% of population.

Pakistani Punjabis only share similarity with 5% of Indian Punjabis but the Muhajirs in Pakistan share similarity with 70% of North Indians. I was astonished to know that Pakistan even have Mappila people originally from Kerala. The only difference between Pakistan and India is India don't have Baloch and Pashtun people and Pakistan Don't have South Indians(excluding Mappilas) and North-East Indians. I am a Bihari and Pakistani also have lots of Biharis and many still retaining Bihari accent.

I was definitely talking about Jaats irrespective of their religion as they have common origin. In India Sindhis form some 0.25% of population.

Pakistani Punjabis only share similarity with 5% of Indian Punjabis but the Muhajirs in Pakistan share similarity with 70% of North Indians. I was astonished to know that Pakistan even have Mappila people originally from Kerala. The only difference between Pakistan and India is India don't have Baloch and Pashtun people and Pakistan Don't have South Indians and North-East Indians. I am a Bihari and Pakistani also have lots of Biharis and many still retaining Bihari accent.

If so, aren't those Mappila's from Kerala not S Indians?:oops:

If so, aren't those Mappila's from Kerala not S Indians?:oops:

Yes you are right. But they are not generally visible in Pakistan like other groups I told him because very few migrated and my point was about whole South India Tamils, Telugus, Kannadigas. I corrected that.

Yes you are right. But they are not generally visible in Pakistan like other groups I told him because very few migrated and my point was about whole South India Tamils, Telugus, Kannadigas. I corrected that.
what about hyderabadis? aren't they south Indians?

Pakistani Punjabis only share similarity with 5% of Indian Punjabis but the Muhajirs in Pakistan share similarity with 70% of North Indians. I was astonished to know that Pakistan even have Mappila people originally from Kerala. The only difference between Pakistan and India is India don't have Baloch and Pashtun people and Pakistan Don't have South Indians(excluding Mappilas) and North-East Indians. I am a Bihari and Pakistani also have lots of Biharis and many still retaining Bihari accent.

I understand what you're saying but from a Punjabi Jatt perspective, we only share ethnicity with other Punjabis (including mountain/hill Punjabis in Himachal Pradesh and Potohar Plateau) and Hindu/Sikh Jatts from Haryana. We consider Hindu Jats (notice Jatt vs. Jat) from Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan as different people.

In regards to Muhajirs, it's a more complicated situation since they aren't native to the different regions of Pakistan like North-West Indians (ie Punjabis) are. Still, I suppose you have a point.

However, some Pakistanis I've met differentiate between ethnic Pakistanis (ie Punjabis, Pashtuns, Baloch, Sindhis, etc.) and Pakistani Muhajirs who have a variety of ethnic origins from all over Northern India and Eastern India. Some of their origins are 1500 K + from a border city like Lahore.

In regards to Sindhis, it seems their entire ethnic group resides in Pakistan for the most part.

Kashmir Valley, JK
traditional_kashmiri_couple_by_azad126-d4bdx9t.jpg

Azad Kashmir, JK (Pahari Mirpuri Pothohari)
romantic_in_the_dadyal_by_azad126-d4ltszo.jpg

traditional_pahari_pothohari_lifestyle_by_azad126-d4fpyjl.jpg

a_innocent_and_sweet_mirpuri_by_azad126-d4h2uh4.jpg

fall_of_mirpur_poster_by_azad126-d4k06d7.jpg

Pashtun
traditional_pashtun_couple_by_azad126-d4b9954.jpg

Punjabi
traditional_punjabi_couple_by_azad126-d4av5qe.jpg

my_farm__kalini_as_a_punjabi_girl_by_azad126-d4ivtf9.jpg

We consider Hindu Jats (notice Jatt vs. Jat) from Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan as different people.

well that is your perspective.....what is reality..? are those jats different from jatts..? nope..they are of the same ethnicity...

Back
Top Bottom