What's new

Traditional clothing from the Arab world.

sorry thn it wud becom very borin n short livd thread cuz in arab countries,women n men r wearin same type of clothes frm centuries like women wear black robes,same style just different colors n men thoz white robes wid different head turbans....

so to make it intrestin,include som othr muslim countires too cuz thy have variety...:police:

We have plenty of variety as seen in this thread. I don't see any variety in what you posted compared to the Arab clothing btw. No offense. I doubt that there is more variety than in the Arab world WHICH is huge. Alone in Yemen we are famous for having hundreds of traditional dresses. Not sure if you are either blind or just trolling. Anyway my point still stands below.
I would appreciate if you respected it.

@Aeronaut

Where are you? Can you please clean this thread up and leave all the posts that are actually relevant and delete all the off-topic, trolling and posts of no value? Let us stick to the topic. I actually used a considerable amount of time to make this thread and I find it rather annoying that it gets hijacked.

Tell people to make separate threads about what they are discussing now. Nobody is stopping them, certainly not me.

Much appreciated.

Anyway I might sound a little unfriendly etc. but I am not, I am just simply tired of my thread being destroyed with trolling, posts of no value, off-topic talk etc. when I actually used a considerable amount of time to show clothes that most non-Arabs are completely ignorant about which has been proven by the replies here. So I guess my thread served its propose. That it was destroyed by all the other things is not really my table. I hope the moderators will restore order though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway I might sound a little unfriendly etc. but I am not, I am just simply tired of my thread being destroyed with trolling, posts of no value, off-topic talk etc. when I actually used a considerable amount of time to show clothes that most non-Arabs are completely ignorant about which has been proven by the replies here. So I guess my thread served its propose. That it was destroyed by all the other things is not really my table. I hope the moderators will restore order though.

Bro we are not ignorant BUT HONESTLY speaking the girls + clothes looked like what you would find in Pakistan....google it if you dont believe...All I am saying is our culture diverge...It could be when Arabs came to Asia ...we adopted their culture...or its just that women in the past covered themselves well and hence look the same? :blink:

We have plenty of variety as seen in this thread. I don't see any variety in what you posted compared to the Arab clothing btw. No offense. I doubt that there is more variety than in the Arab world WHICH is huge. Alone in Yemen we are famous for having hundreds of traditional dresses. Not sure if you are either blind or just trolling. Anyway my point still stands below.
I would appreciate if you respected it.

i havnt postd anythin yet....talk abt Pakistan,Iran,turkey n othr nearby countries when anyone wanna discuss variety....u wud die mayb afta seein da variety in women dressin here etc....

anyway i will not post... cuz u only want ppl to post saudi n arab world pics:undecided::cry:

i hav travelld to arab world wid fam but sorry dint see much of variety...mayb they wear gud dresses only on eids:what: jk

Plus @al-Hasani we are not off-topic we are still talking about clothes roughly the same looking clothes :angel: right @Marshmallow

yes sista
smileys-tooth-brushing-116211.gif

but he doesnt wanna discuss othr cultures:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that Arab/Islamic/Semitic etc. clothing, culture etc. influenced all of the Islamic world and that Arabs went to Pakistan and that many Pakistan have Arab ancestry or claim it. This is not the point.

The thread is specifically about Arab traditional clothing from the HUGE and diverse Arab world but mainly the Arabian Peninsula which has a very big diversity in itself as my photos show.

I hope that you can respect this and other users so posts of no value do not take place, trolling (not by you but other users before you), off-topic posts etc. As I said I don't want my thread to be hijacked. I don't think anyone wants that regardless of topic.

As I said I will not object if you make a thread about Mongolian traditional clothing or others.

Do I really need to repeat myself so many times?:woot:

2gy5yjo.jpg

I know that Arab/Islamic/Semitic etc. clothing, culture etc. influenced all of the Islamic world and that Arabs went to Pakistan and that many Pakistan have Arab ancestry or claim it. This is not the point.

The thread is specifically about Arab traditional clothing from the HUGE and diverse Arab world but mainly the Arabian Peninsula which has a very big diversity in itself as my photos show.

I hope that you can respect this and other users so posts of no value do not take place, trolling (not by you but other users before you), off-topic posts etc. As I said I don't want my thread to be hijacked. I don't think anyone wants that regardless of topic.

As I said I will not object if you make a thread about Mongolian traditional clothing or others.

2gy5yjo.jpg

Actually most of the clothes are same only various patterns but the style is same...long ankle length gowns....that is not really diversity bro...But yes they have good taste in making the best in colours and all...

But HONESTLY speaking ALL the Saudis in my class in UK were wearing really strange mostly revealing WESTERN clothes and not a single 1 wore anything you showed....And they came from all over Saudi...

we call these as gowns or abaya
a2d7jt.jpg

while these are ALL called shalwar kameez in our language
2djrl2.jpg
They ALL are the same except in length of kameez and design of shalwar...but in the end they are named as the same...
Can you please put the names of the clothes too so we know what they are called in Arab lands...thank you

Ḥashshāshīn;4498260 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a Pakistani dress?

See we are not the ONLY ones who are confused with the similarity of the dress!

2gy5yjo.jpg

ok thn post it...ill c da variety in da dresses u r talkin abt :unsure:

That is because most Arabs and Saudis living in the West do not wear such traditional clothes in the West, LOL. I don't do it either. Besides nearly all of the Saudi students abroad are fairly liberal.

Such clothes, which is all hand-made btw, very costly and time-consuming, is worn during special occasions such as weddings, traditional gatherings, religious festivals, cultural festivals, during national days etc. The remaining is worn by elders or are more prevalent in more traditional areas. Most of the time people just wear religious clothing (Islamic) which are two different things - hence the similarities with other clothing from non-Arab countries.

The traditional Arab clothing, no matter what region, is distinct and only show small similarities with other regions/countries and that is probably due to influences or a similar Islamic culture or by mutual trade etc. If we are going into details. Besides all being "oriental".

Marshmallow:

This is due to ignorance. I mean the comments in this thread confirms that. If I told any non-Arab on this forum to describe Makkawi (clothing traditionally worn by Makkah - posted very few pictures from it - very diverse) or even non-Hejazi then most would post a Keffiyeh that is worn in ALL parts of the Arab world that is just ordinary clothing and not really traditional or "Hejazi". That is the reality.

Ḥashshāshīn;4498260 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a Pakistani dress?

i60e1z.jpg

Ḥashshāshīn is clerly not an expert on traditional Arab clothing nor Pakistani otherwise he would not have made that comment.

That is not traditional Pakistani clothing and I doubt that any Pakistani wears that unless they are Pakistani Arabs.

Also I posted about 30-35 pictures of many Arab women dresses, mostly from KSA and Yemen, but 4-5 users are focusing about that Arab Omani dress that photo from Oman shows. As I said if that ONE PARTICULAR dress shows similarities then it is because of a mutual/Islamic past but it is still a local clothing.

Anyway we are continuing this off-topic posting and I should have ended it long ago since it seems that I am talking for deaf ears or what you say in English.:coffee:

Slightly of-topic, but are there traditional Turkish or Persian clothing? All I see them wearing are jeans in Europe.

Ḥashshāshīn;4499898 said:
Slightly of-topic, but are there traditional Turkish or Persian clothing? All I see them wearing are jeans in Europe.

Slightly off-topic? It is completely off-topic. Yes, but heavily influenced by Islamic/Arab clothing since it is based on mostly Islamic principles as the pictures from non-Arab clothing posted here in some of the latest posts also show. Islamic clothing is quite similar in all of the Muslim world. For example the clothing worn by many Muslims in South East Asia, East Africa, Horn of Africa, Swahili Coast, West Africa (Muslim areas there) are modifications of Arab clothing that has been slightly mixed with local pre-Islamic garments etc. Some of the names are even Arabic. Anyway different discussion but since you asked I wanted to reply before the thread turned to another discussion again.

And no, virtually all Turks and Persians wear Western clothes on a daily basis.

You are welcome to make a new thread about that in the Turkish or Iranian section. It does not belong here for the 10th time.:astagh:

Ḥashshāshīn;4499953 said:
Sorry did not read your previous posts.

Every Arab nation has its own dress-code. In Lebanon for example, people in have different formalwear than the Jordanians.

Back
Top Bottom