What's new

Traditional clothing from the Arab world.

al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Just a tiny percentage of the traditional Arab clothing that is worn in parts of the beautiful Arabian Peninsula.

2wcjm91.jpg

Here you can see some Hejazi (Makkawi) clothing. I am sure that none of you have seen it before! Please watch the whole video if possible.

‫

This is a typical Yemeni clothing but there are a lot of varieties depending on the region.

Nikon Yemeni kid by ßlind Point, on Flickr

yemenigirl by TravelAdventures, on Flickr

Beautiful yemeni girl in traditional clothes by Ali AL-Tha'alabi, on Flickr

Yemeni shepherd girl by Khalid Alkainaey خالد الكينعي, on Flickr

90udzl.jpg

Yemen Felletti 43_00 by alfredo_felletti, on Flickr

2irr8lt.jpg

Arab members are very welcome to post pictures from their Arab countries or specific regions.

Some more traditional Arab dresses:

images

Proud Emirati Bedouins: (I see a lot of insults thrown towards ordinary Bedouins like they ever hurt anyone. They are good, simple and extremely proud people). I wish people had more respect for them, including Arabs themselves.

Bedouin from the Rub' al-Khalil:

atrtdi.jpg

2mw7z0y.jpg

Iraqi Arab sheikhs:

6edczo.jpg

Young Iraqi Arab students at a gathering in Baghdad:

e0ir9k.jpg

Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al-Nahyan - ruler of Abu Dhabi and President of UAE from 1966 until 2004. One of the most popular Arab rulers in the last many decades:

9ad57c.jpg

@al-Hasani

what do you think?

saudi_thob_by_funtoon-d3hyybj.jpg

Not bad my friend. I prefer the more traditional ones or just Western clothes. But actually it is not bad at all.:tup:

5wc85s.gif

Left, a Woman in Saudi Arab dress of Royal Family and Right, a Woman in Palestine dress from Bethlehem

rqy87n.jpg

Arabs from Iran (look how tall they are just like on the beautiful Arabian Peninsula by large)

2enuk4p.jpg

A few of the many hundred Yemeni dresses:

wvr6ds.jpg

znontc.jpg

Saudi dress ... Abd Alaziz by CLASSIC _, on Flickr

sxiszs.jpg

Saudi Dress by norahaziz, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
@al-Hasani

what do you think?

saudi_thob_by_funtoon-d3hyybj.jpg

Correct me if i am wrong, Jeddah people are "modernizing" the kandoora by adding new elements and designs to it. Am i right?

For me the simple Kandoora is more good looking than the ones with new additions and designs. Probably i am an old fashioned man that is why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if i am wrong, Jeddah people are "modernizing" the kandoora by adding new elements and designs to it. Am i right?

For me the simple Kandoora is more good looking than the ones with new additions and designs. Probably i am an old fashioned man that is why.

Yes, you are totally right and they Call it Thaob down here in KSA, Only UAE say Kandoora and maybe Oman too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom