What's new

Top 10 Navies of world vs Pakistan (An unbiased "True" analysis)

Once the Pak folks switch into "now or never", "direct action", "eat grass but have the BOMB", cornered tiger etc. modes, they will create a world-class navy with tremendous indigenous inputs...

Come on guys I used to think myself that PN is week, but we are not an island nation. PN needs to defend 1,046 kilometres (650 mi) coast line. Its a navy armed with cruise missiles. Although PN needs to replace atleast 4 old frigates ASAP, so new ships are on order. Inshallah in the next few years PN will be a much stronger force.

Come on guys I used to think myself that PN is week, but we are not an island nation. PN needs to defend 1,046 kilometres (650 mi) coast line. Its a navy armed with cruise missiles. Although PN needs to replace atleast 4 old frigates ASAP, so new ships are on order. Inshallah in the next few years PN will be a much stronger force.
Bro its not about attack but defense... Our frigates lack proper air cover, especially from supersonic cruise missile ...

Sea control has been an important aspect of all warfare we can't ignore the obvious area of our National Security

yep you have made the point because after reading the initial 2 pages that was the first thing in my mind that no body discussing this prospect... pakistan has just over thousand kilometers to defend while India has a coastline that spans over 7500 kilometers, more spans required more resources

The hindu navy is very hyped navy with obsolete and rusted ships

Well Pakistan had option to buy few retiring destroyers in past and they missed out on it and no alternative came

I remember one times we had option to get British retiring Destroyers it was actually offered to Pakistan but for unknown reason we opted to not buy it :coffee: may be the sea going admirals thought the OHP program will offer them 5-8 OHP level ships and we all know nothing but 1 single ship came our way

I recall reading in news paper it was stated they thought the cost to maintain the yearly operation of the ship was above what the navy was willing to commit to and for that a fully worthy destroyer was just not inducted

Can't really add these in yet as they are not yet delivered or constructed or handed over

Reason for not buying has always been lack of cash. We need a better economy for a better equipped armed forces.

2019 check list how we doing

We are still at Asian Level /Regional level
Un Ranked Pakistan :pakistan:

• 0 Air Craft Carriers
  • 0 Destroyers
  • 9 Frigates----------------------------- New 4x Type 054 ordered, China
  • 0 Corvettes----------------------------New 4x Corvettes ordered , Turkey
  • 10 Patrol vessels (Missile boats)
  • 0 OPV ------New 2x OPV ordered, Holland New 2 x OPV USA swift ships(May be)
  • 10 General Patrol Unarmed Coast Guard added recently
  • 3 Anti-mines
  • 5 Attack Submarines------------------New 8x SUBMARINES ordered
  • Support Ships -------------------------1 Shinny Scientific Research Ship

Turkish Istambol , Ships would have been fantastic option as well
Still very few close coast Corvette ships

Some Chinese forum Users have suggested 1-2 Chinese Destroyers on Lease for CPEC
and that would be an ok , suggestion , since after all it is China's port for next 100 years

Wondering how our Navy feels about leasing few destroyers from China ?
Back in 90's I think we were offered some nation's retiring Destroyer which was to be sunk in sea anyways but we opted to not go for Junk

Last edited:
2019 check list how we doing

We are still at Asian Level /Regional level
Un Ranked Pakistan :pakistan:

• 0 Air Craft Carriers
  • 0 Destroyers
  • 9 Frigates----------------------------- New 4x Type 054 ordered, China
  • 0 Corvettes----------------------------New 4x Corvettes ordered , Turkey
  • 10 Patrol vessels (Missile boats)
  • 0 OPV ------New 2x OPV ordered, Holland New 2 x OPV USA swift ships(May be)
  • 10 General Patrol Unarmed Coast Guard added recently
  • 3 Anti-mines
  • 5 Attack Submarines------------------New 8x SUBMARINES ordered
  • Support Ships -------------------------1 Shinny Scientific Research Ship

Turkish Istambol , Ships would have been fantastic option as well
Still very few close coast Corvette ships

Some Chinese forum Users have suggested 1-2 Chinese Destroyers on Lease for CPEC
and that would be an ok , suggestion , since after all it is China's port for next 100 years

Wondering how our Navy feels about leasing few destroyers from China ?
Back in 90's I think we were offered some nation's retiring Destroyer which was to be sunk in sea anyways but we opted to not go for Junk
First of all, there is no frigate called as Istanbul class, anymore. The class "I" comes from the word of ISTIF*. The MILGEM project is generally a light frigate development program. MILGEM platforms produced are in the range of 2400-3100 tons displacement range. Maybe B2 I classes can go up to 3500 tons. TF2000** (and the TF100), is on a separate track which is the destroyer / heavy frigate project of the Turkish navy . In fact, the MILGEM project constitutes the stage of localization and technological competence. Strategic breakthrough will take place in TF2000 and following blocks.

I would also like to add that having a strong navy cannot be explained only by the number of platforms. Under the strong navy concept, there are domestic production (or access) navionic and ammunition capabilities. Many critical examples can be given such as combat management systems, tracking, illuminate and identification systems, fire control systems, countermeasure systems etc. These systems are sold in export markets, mostly subject to certain restrictions. When evaluating the Pakistani fleet, we should consider it in terms of technical facilities and capabilities, not the number of platforms.

*"ISTIF" means is stack. There is probably a large number production planning through of private shipyards.

** TF2000
DzXxVkHWoAEAl2w.png

Last edited:
15 Frigate + 15 Corvette force sounds like a reasonable deterrent at Asian Level
Together with 5 OPV Ships

@ Asian Level as we know Japan has 40-50 Frigates so our 10-15 ships is still quite modest

Last edited:
Compare us to countries with the same GDP, not Japan, the 3rd largest economy in the world

I would also like to add that having a strong navy cannot be explained only by the number of platforms. Under the strong navy concept, there are domestic production (or access) navionic and ammunition capabilities. Many critical examples can be given such as combat management systems, tracking, illuminate and identification systems, fire control systems, countermeasure systems etc. These systems are sold in export markets, mostly subject to certain restrictions. When evaluating the Pakistani fleet, we should consider it in terms of technical facilities and capabilities, not the number of platforms.
Work/research is being done to make many systems in Pakistan.

pak always had a weak navy. it is most neglected of all the services. generally those candidates who fail to get admission even in army are selected for navy. navy comes third in the ISSB merit list. with poor equipment in the hands of low IQ people it cant progress well. there are rumors that most of the navy personnel are involved in side businesses other then their job in navy so such people generally are more interested in getting rich rather than betterment of their service.
and you have proof of that? or just ranting for the for sake of posting something?

Back
Top Bottom