What's new

Tipu Sultan a monarch, not freedom fighter, observes Karnataka High Court

What Bhuran Wani has to do with Tipu Sultan ? Completely irrelevant connection.

As far as decision is concerned, well it clearly depicts the state the India is under Modi. Same mind set also believes that Taj Mahal was actually a temple and Shah Jahan just renovated it into what is now stands as Taj Mahal. Same mentality was also behind the demolition of Babri Masjid. In short, this mentality is highly anti-muslim which just reflects in the court's decision.

its always good to see history in right spirit.

all i like to know , when they going to state that Taj mahal was indeed a Shiv tample...

And regarding your twisted logic, did anyone living today seen Prophet Mohammad or Jesus Christ ?? I guess NO. Yet billions believe that they did lived sometime in the past after reading it somewhere right ?? Anyone can claim that their history are also still in the making. It's just absurd. :(

That's why we call it belief, NOT history. The real history may not we as we want it to be.

You Indians have mixed up the two. You write history as you want to see it. There was a time Hindus revered Tipu. Now you hate him.

The right wing will continue churning out history and you'll find more reasons to hate him. This all started with British divide&rule literature.

As a fellow keralite....ask me
The so called sultan attacked kerala for what????
He and is bloody army attacked kerala and killed many....
Tipu a freedom fighter...my foot.

There have been so many anti-muslim judgements lately it feels like Indian Muslims may turn into separatists by the end of Modi's term. The worst part is judiciary is not even an inch behind in this discrimination.

As a fellow keralite....ask me
The so called sultan attacked kerala for what????
He and is bloody army attacked kerala and killed many....
Tipu a freedom fighter...my foot.

All kings conquer neighboring territories and kill people opposing them. That was the norm.

Why did Asoka attack Kalinga and killed millions? Oriya people must hate him, no? Great king, my foot.
Don't see the hypocrisy?

There have been so many anti-muslim judgements lately it feels like Indian Muslims may turn into separatists by the end of Modi's term. The worst part is judiciary is not even an inch behind in this discrimination.

Majority Hindus voted for this genocidal maniac. Bet it includes people from judiciary as well.

A Hindu judge is Hindu first; justice is secondary. They let the Italian marines go so BJP can boast about joining MTCR.

All kings conquer neighboring territories and kill people opposing them. That was the norm.

Why did Asoka attack Kalinga and killed millions? Oriya people must hate him, no? Great king, my foot.
Don't see the hypocrisy?

Majority Hindus voted for this genocidal maniac. Bet it includes people from judiciary as well.

A Hindu judge is Hindu first, justice is secondary. They let the Italian marines go so India can join MTCR.
Im not disputing the fact that he was a warrior and a great king....
Im just saying he is not a bloody freedom fighter....

That's why we call it belief, NOT history. The real history may not we as we want it to be.

You Indians have mixed up the two. You write history as you want to see it. There was a time Hindus revered Tipu. Now you hate him.

Sorry, belief is what we do when it comes to our religion I believe in Christianity as you believe in Islam I guess, i.e. what the bible and Quran say's and teaches.

But Prophet Mohammad and Jesus indeed lived and there life is well documented. There is no two opinion about that. :p:

Coming to the topic, there is no doubt that Tipu Sultan was a brave ruler, he was a great reformist as well. But just like any other ruler of that times he was an expansionist in nature and there are a lot of records of his atrocities. Coming from the state of Kerala, I have heard and learned a lot about this during my childhood days. Being too far away from the region, you may not know them. :(

The right wing will continue churning out history and you'll find more reasons to hate him. This all started with British divide&rule literature.

It is not a matter of love or hate, why do you equate it that way ?? The court just made references that he was a Monarch, is't that true ?? Therefor he can't be considered a freedom fighter, why, because one who damn cared about the freedom of the people in concurred territory and had an expansionist policy just like the British cannot be considered as a freedom fighter. :(

Personally I don't hate him, neither do I love him. I would just admire him since he was a brave ruler. :)

What Bhuran Wani has to do with Tipu Sultan ? Completely irrelevant connection.

As far as decision is concerned, well it clearly depicts the state the India is under Modi. Same mind set also believes that Taj Mahal was actually a temple and Shah Jahan just renovated it into what is now stands as Taj Mahal. Same mentality was also behind the demolition of Babri Masjid. In short, this mentality is highly anti-muslim which just reflects in the court's decision.

Even if it is anti-Muslim what does Pakistan have to do with it ?? It's our country, our rules. :-)

And please tell me how many Muslim refugees crossed over from India to other nations due to our anti-muslim policies ?? LOL :p:

Tipu sultan was no doubt a great warrior but calling him terrorist or freedom fighter is totally different. it all depend in which respect you are saying this. If he fought against invading forces? yes he did. Did he surrendered? No, he fought till his last breath. Did he ordered mass execution of minorities? to be very honest i dont have a clue. but if he did then why have you been celebrating his day for past so many years.
Is this situation changing just because of religion if yes then this is gonna be very dangerous for those Muslims living there?

Sorry, belief is what we do when it comes to our religion I believe in Christianity as you believe in Islam I guess, i.e. what the bible and Quran say's and teaches.

But Prophet Mohammad and Jesus indeed lived and there life is well documented. There is no two opinion about that. :p:

Coming to the topic, there is no doubt that Tipu Sultan was a brave ruler, he was a great reformist as well. But just like any other ruler of that times he was an expansionist in nature and there are a lot of records of his atrocities. Coming from the state of Kerala, I have heard and learned a lot about this during my childhood days. Being too far away from the region, you may not know them. :(

It is not a matter of love or hate, why do you equate it that way ?? The court just made references that he was a Monarch, is't that true ?? Therefor he can't be considered a freedom fighter, why, because one who damn cared about the freedom of the people in concurred territory and had an expansionist policy just like the British cannot be considered as a freedom fighter. :(

Personally I don't hate him, neither do I love him. I would just admire him since he was a brave ruler. :)

Even if it is anti-Muslim what does Pakistan have to do with it ?? It's our country, our rules. :-)

And please tell me how many Muslim refugees crossed over from India to other nations due to our anti-muslim policies ?? LOL :p:

There was no India and Pakistan when he was alive and Pakistan (subcontinent Muslims) does have their say for any event happened pre-partition.

Pakistanis does have their say for any event/story which happened pre-partition especially if there is Muslim connection. Now here India may declare him as monarch while at the same time Pakistan may declare him as hero. Just like Allama Iqbal who died before Pakistan came into being but still we consider him as our national hero/poet.

As far as decision is concerned, well it clearly depicts the state the India is under Modi.

In India the Courts do not function under the PM .

Years ago it was a State HC that disallowed the election of Indira Gandhi for electoral malpractices , that too at a time when she was at the Zenith of her power.

This decision of the State HC is a wise & correct one.

its a funny thing you know how why do hindus hate everything muslim. Tipu is loathed while ashoka who proceeded over deaths of hundreds and thouands of hindus is revered. hindus were also responsible of many atrocities against, buddhist, jains and animist communities.

also mysore was as independant as say for example croatia is in europe, there was no such thing as nation or statehood in terms of 'bharat' or 'india' thats a false notion and no such thing existed except under foreign muslim/turkic/mughal/british occupation

About Asoka @niaz @Joe Shearer sir can through some light why he is called the great.

The Pakistanis seem to be more disturbed by the news then any indians

Back
Top Bottom