What's new

Tipu Sultan a monarch, not freedom fighter, observes Karnataka High Court

In India the Courts do not function under the PM .

Years ago it was a State HC that disallowed the election of Indira Gandhi for electoral malpractices , that too at a time when she was at the Zenith of her power.

This decision of the State HC is a wise & correct one.

I am talking about the mindset prevailing under him. It surely penetrates into every institute.

It would be wiser if we do step our way back from seeing it as a Hindu vs Muslim issue. We are here talking about a period when East India Company's political consolidation of India had just begun to gain its pace and in the way came Independent monarchs, tributaries to the Mughal who often were at each other's throat whenever given a chance. It would rather foolish to equal a mere regional defiance with a national struggle one, when even political unification of Central Europe was almost half a century away.

We have to realize that not every monarch who fought the British was a freedom fighter. Siraj Ud Daulah, the Nawab of Bengal also fought the British, and it was only when commercial policies of the company became increasingly threatening to his own treasury and not something out of patriotic zeal. If Siraj Ud Daula, fought and perished in protecting his own commercial interests, is deprived of a 'freedom fighter' status, there is no reason to award Tipu the same privileged distinction.

. If he fought against invading forces? yes he did. Did he surrendered? No, he fought till his last breath. Did he ordered mass execution of minorities? to be very honest i dont have a clue. but if he did then why have you been celebrating his day for past so many years.
His Jayanti was NOT celebrated for past so many years. It is only in the last 2-3 years when Congress govt is in power that his jayanti is celebrated.

there are people who he oppressed during his rules. As part of the functioning democracy they have the right to protest against the celebration. Or do you think that only Muslims have the right to freedom of speech and not the other people?

its a funny thing you know how why do hindus hate everything muslim. Tipu is loathed while ashoka who proceeded over deaths of hundreds and thouands of hindus is revered. hindus were also responsible of many atrocities against, buddhist, jains and animist communities.

also mysore was as independant as say for example croatia is in europe, there was no such thing as nation or statehood in terms of 'bharat' or 'india' thats a false notion and no such thing existed except under foreign muslim/turkic/mughal/british occupation
You are right India never had statehood, being a state built on such false notion, no wonder India broke up in 1971

I am talking about the mindset prevailing under him. It surely penetrates into every institute.
dwight-schrute-meme-generator-be-afraid-be-very-afraid-22a0c6.jpg

Hinduization of India continues. I can see the narrative slowly heading towards "Tipu Sultan was not a monarch, he was a terrorist". And then you'll have a bunch of fabricated history telling Indians why they should hate him.

Edit: By the way, my avatar is Tipu's sword. :)

sword.jpg
Pakistan is free to declare Tipu as Pakistan's freedom fighter. I will not object. For our desh, our decision is final and binding.

Lol Pakistan will be the last country in the world to be afraid from Modi. Your soldiers perfectly knows that. However I do have reservations for the Muslims living in India.
From May 2014 how many poor indian muslims have left India for Pakistan as they are afraid of Modi?

Pakistan is free to declare Tipu as Pakistan's freedom fighter. I will not object. For our desh, our decision is final and binding.

Tipu was everyone's freedom fighter.

Had Tipu won and had his way, the British wouldn't have expanded so far across entire peninsula into West Asia/Pakistan at the rate they did.

There was no India and Pakistan when he was alive and Pakistan (subcontinent Muslims) does have their say for any event happened pre-partition.

Pakistanis does have their say for any event/story which happened pre-partition especially if there is Muslim connection. Now here India may declare him as monarch while at the same time Pakistan may declare him as hero. Just like Allama Iqbal who died before Pakistan came into being but still we consider him as our national hero/poet.
IR Pakistan considers Tipu as a national hero, naming a ship in his name. Did India object? No.
IR Pakistan also considers Ghaznavi, Ghouri, etc as heroes. The world (and we) may laugh but won't object.

this also goes for bhagat singh. he was also Maharaja of the princely state of Gondal from 1869 till his death in 1944

Which part you found to be shit: tipu fought for his kingdom or the great Akbar bugti was a freedom fighter.?
great akbar bugti was happy when he was chief minister of balochistan and freedom fighter when he lost elections.

IR Pakistan considers Tipu as a national hero, naming a ship in his name. Did India object? No.
IR Pakistan also considers Ghaznavi, Ghouri, etc as heroes. The world (and we) may laugh but won't object.

Dude when in the world Pakistani Govt is objecting this Karnataka high court decision officially ? or you want us not to even have our own opinions on general public forums as well ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom