What's new

Ties with China strained after it refused to allow Turkish ambassador to visit Uyghur region

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Remember the PDF mantra "China has nothing to hide and any talk of restricted access to Xinjiang is simply Western lies..."

People gather in Turkey to stage a protest against China's policies and human rights violations towards Uyghurs [Eren Bozkurt/Anadolu Agency]

People gather to stage a protest against China's policies and human rights violations towards Uyghurs [Eren Bozkurt/Anadolu Agency]

Turkiye's Foreign Minister has revealed that China has refused to allow the Turkish ambassador to visit the Uyghur region in the north-western Xinjiang province, admitting it has strained ties between the two nations.

At an end-of-year press briefing in the capital Ankara on Thursday, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu stated that the Chinese government "said that a humanitarian delegation from Türkiye could come and examine [Xinjiang]. It's been five years since [Chinese President] Xi [Jinping] proposed this. Why have you been preventing this delegation from visiting for five years, why don't you cooperate?"

As a result, he said, "Turkish-Chinese ties have suffered over Beijing being disturbed by our attitude on the Turkic Uyghurs issue. They have extradition requests for people who are our citizens, who live in Türkiye all the time. Therefore, we don't grant any such requests."

Addressing claims and reports over the years that Ankara has been extraditing Uyghurs from the country back to China, Cavusoglu called those claims "a total lie", stressing that "We defend Turkic Uyghur's rights in the international arena and this disturbs China. But this is a humanitarian issue."

He cited the 48-page report that the United Nations' Human Rights Council published on Uyghurs in September, which found that mass detentions in the Xinjiang region over the years were marked by evident documentation of torture, sexual violence, forced labour, and forced abortions and sterilisations. That report "reveals all [human rights] violations. We have to react to it."

Instead of allowing the Turkish ambassador in China to freely visit the region where Uyghur Turks live, Cavusoglu stated, Beijing wants him to follow a "program that they provide."

What Türkiye wants is cooperation with China in a transparent manner, the Foreign Minister insisted. "Why should we become a tool for China's propaganda? We want to cooperate, we don't see this as a political issue. We are categorically not anti-Chinese. We have always said that we support the One-China policy."

At an end-of-year press briefing in the capital Ankara on Thursday, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu stated that the Chinese government "said that a humanitarian delegation from Türkiye could come and examine [Xinjiang]. It's been five years since [Chinese President] Xi [Jinping] proposed this. Why have you been preventing this delegation from visiting for five years, why don't you cooperate?"

China never stopped anyone from going to Xinjiang. These are nothing but western lies. Everyone is a liar except China.

And lastly, this is clearly a propaganda against China by the west.

China never stopped anyone from going to Xinjiang. These are nothing but western lies. Everyone is a liar except China.

And lastly, this is clearly a propaganda against China by the west.
I have a question for Indians: If Chinese ambassador constantly asks Indian government to visit Northeast India, such as Manipur, will Indian government approve the requestions again and again? The visit iteself is not a big deal. But the gesture behind it is a big problem. I hope you understand what I mean.

I have a question for Indians: If Chinese ambassador constantly asks Indian government to visit Northeast India, such as Manipur, will Indian government approve the requestions again and again? The visit itself is not a big deal. But the gesture behind it is a big problem. I hope you understand what I mean.

We shouldn’t have a problem if we were ready for the Chinese government’s visit. Similarly, you shouldn’t have invited them in the first place if you were never going to allow them in Xinjiang.

That’s what the foreign minister is talking about:

Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu stated that the Chinese government "said that a humanitarian delegation from Türkiye could come and examine [Xinjiang]. It's been five years since [Chinese President] Xi [Jinping] proposed this. Why have you been preventing this delegation from visiting for five years, why don't you cooperate?"

We shouldn’t have a problem if we were ready for the Chinese government’s visit. Similarly, you shouldn’t have invited them in the first place if you were never going to allow them in Xinjiang.

That’s what the foreign minister is talking about:

Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu stated that the Chinese government "said that a humanitarian delegation from Türkiye could come and examine [Xinjiang]. It's been five years since [Chinese President] Xi [Jinping] proposed this. Why have you been preventing this delegation from visiting for five years, why don't you cooperate?"
Talk is easy. I believe you Indians will go mad if China does same to India as Turkey did to China. I say it again. Visit itself is not a big deal. Many foreigners, without any political purpose, have visited Xingjiang. They can freely go anywhere they want. The hidden part of the visit is not acceptable for any country.

Talk is easy. I believe you Indians will go mad if China does same to India as Turkey did to China. I say it again. Visit itself is not a big deal. Many foreigners, without any political purpose, have visited Xingjiang. They can freely go anywhere they want. The hidden part of the visit is not acceptable for any country.

Buddy you aren’t getting the point.

Don’t invite them if you have a problem. Inviting them and then denying the admission is the issue here.

Buddy you aren’t getting the point.

Don’t invite them if you have a problem. Inviting them and then denying the admission is the issue here.
Why would China invite them? No. China never invite them. Has India ever invited any foreign humanitarian delegation to visit Manipur? Why do you think China is dumber than India to do so? It is Turkey constantly asked China to send its delegation.

In China, we call Turkey as husky. Reckless and brainless country.

Why would China invite them? No. China never invite them. Has India ever invited any foreign humanitarian delegation to visit Manipur? Why do you think China is dumber than India to do so? It is Turkey constantly asked China to send its delegation.

In China, we call Turkey as husky. Reckless and brainless country.

Well not sure who is dumber but Turkey’s communications head has confirmed that China invited them to Xinjiang in an open Tweet:

Well not sure who is dumber but Turkey’s communications head has confirmed that China invited them to Xinjiang in an open Tweet:

There is no country, not even your India, that wants other country to intervene its interal affair. This is very simple fact. You are really dumb if you believe Turkey's propaganda.

There is no country, not even your India, that wants other country to intervene its interal affair. This is very simple fact. You are really dumb if you believe Turkey's propaganda.
I knew it, everything is propaganda against good old China. That’s what I said in the first post you quoted.

Because usually all Chinese and their cheerleaders do is use one single statement when presented the evidence: “everything is propaganda”

Back
Top Bottom