What's new

Thunders to participate in Paris airshow 2015 June.

Question
The 2 seater variant's airframe and avionics will depend on Block 1 or Block 2?

To introduce the FC-1 Xiaolong multirole fighter, also known as the JF-17 Thunder, to the overseas market, China and Pakistan are going to display a two-seater version of the aircraft during the Paris Air Show held from June 15-21 this year, reports the Moscow-based Military Parade.

Known as the FC-1B or JF-17B, this two-seater fighter is likely to be equipped with the French-built M88-2 engine. It is currently equipped with the Rafale twin-engine fighter designed by Dassault for the French Air Force.

With this new engine, the range of the Xiaolong can be extended from 800 kilometers to 1,000 kilometers, according to the report. A refueling probe will be installed on the FC-1B or JF-17B as well for aerial refueling according to an unofficial source.

Other defense analysts have queried whether the M88-2 can be fitted to a two-seater Xiaolong.

Pakistan and China develop two-seat Xiaolong fighter|WantChinaTimes.com

The two seater model of the JF-17 Thunder was carrying 2x PL-12/SD-10 Beyond visual range active radar-guided air-to-air missile (BVRAAM), 2x PL-5 E II Within Visual Range Air to Air Missiles (WVRAAM) for self defence purposes and two air to surface/anti-ship missiles for ground/maritime attack role.

1z1qxli.jpg
Block 2, more than likely. Even block 1s are getting upgraded to block 2 standard.

---

I would like to point out that there is little indication to prove the claims in this article. An M88 engine was never hinted at by anyone, as there are little indications that Pakistan (or China) ever negotiated for equipping the Thunder with such an engine.

As for the Two seat version, it still has yet to be confirmed that a two seater will make an appearance at the air show. Last I read, it isn't supposed to make an appearance until 2016.

Block 2, more than likely. Even block 1s are getting upgraded to block 2 standard.

---

I would like to point out that there is little indication to prove the claims in this article. An M88 engine was never hinted at by anyone, as there are little indications that Pakistan (or China) ever negotiated for equipping the Thunder with such an engine.

As for the Two seat version, it still has yet to be confirmed that a two seater will make an appearance at the air show. Last I read, it isn't supposed to make an appearance until 2016.
ya i also think that it will make appearance in next year china's airshow

what does Le Bourget means?
Well if yr participating in the show i will suggest to take some pictures (of every aircraft u can take not just JFT) of the show and open a dedicated thread for the air show in the forum and share yr experience and pictures with us.
It is like Chaklala or Chukshezad where the French have made an airport. So if a person living in Rawalpindi says he is not far from Chaklala what would it mean.

They are planes and anyone who loves planes will appreciate them. Of course, discussing this on the LCA thread will be a very different thing :P

You would like the Debut at Paris of JF-17's... May be PAF has decided to take the JF-17 Simulator and is open for public to fly then try that too.;)

@Windjammer Are they taking the JF-17 Simulator for demo?

paf need to develop some type of high tech color scheme for international participation

current color scheme is not so ideal

paf need to develop some type of high tech color scheme for international participation

current color scheme is not so ideal
Actually they should reequip Shardil with JF-17's and all the airshows should be carried out by them. They would also gain publicity and show the true potential of the aircraft's performance.

Actually they should reequip Shardil with JF-17's and all the airshows should be carried out by them. They would also gain publicity and show the true potential of the aircraft's performance.
not like sherdil
but dark theme in current color scheme is not so impressive

not like sherdil
but dark theme in current color scheme is not so impressive
At present these thunders are part of an active air defence. To have a few aircraft in some other colour would pose a bigger problem because then they can not take part.

I do get your point on you are suggesting but that would lose some stealth camouflage...

Back
Top Bottom