What's new

Thunders to participate in Paris airshow 2015 June.

CHKX-FpWcAAozDv.jpg

10-123_jun11.jpg

13-146_jun11.jpg

13-143_jun11.jpg

4180_jun11.jpg

still no dual seater

and block II is under development

if pakistan need export order than speedup development

At least up till now IFR probe should have been installed on all Blk-1 and declared upgraded to Blk-2 standard

At least up till now IFR probe should have been installed on all Blk-1 and declared upgraded to Blk-2 standard
IFR is expected 2016 and then fitted on all Thunders.

Seems like they are developing a new refuel system, customized.

Dear All,

I am currently living near Cologne Germany, doing PhD. I want to go to the Paris air show on the next weekend. The only damn thing is that i have applied for the US visa (going to a conference in early July) and US embassy has my passport. I hope to get my passport back sometime during the next week. But you know Uncle Sam, i mean you never know :).

But sure, i really wish to go to the airshow, get some nice pics (watermark them and post here :) ) and meet with PAF personell.

So i am fingers crossed and to you Uncle Sam, please donot screw me up and give me back what is lawfully mine:p:.

//BR//AGM65D

Last edited:
CHO1kKiVAAAqpik.jpg

CHO1phPVAAAADkk.jpg

Sqn Ldr Yasir of no.26 sqdn (Black Spiders) will be performing in Paris air show in his JF-17.

CHO16QQUgAIoTzG.jpg

Some Info on Sq.Leader Yasir Muddasir

Posted on: December 4, 2013
by: Alan Warnes

14-1024x510.jpg

Both Pakistan Air Force Thunder Display Pilots, the outgoing Wg Cdr Ronald and incoming Sqn Ldr Yaser practised their display routines in their two jets on November 16. Both pilots flew during Dubai.

Pakistan’s presence

With the need to speed up its export drive, the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and China National Aero Technology – Import and Export Corporation (CATIC) brought the JF-17 Thunder to Dubai, having made its debut in 2011. They brought with them three aircraft from the PAF’s biggest JF-17 unit, 16 Squadron ‘Black Panthers’ based at Minhas. Exhibited in the static was 11-134 flanked by a number of current and future weapons, while two of the latest Block 1 jets, 12-138 and 12-142, were parked in the flying display area. A model on display at the CATIC Stand showed a two-seat JF-17 on show, which the PAF claims it does not need but its certain most customers would prefer to have as an option. CATIC are believed to behind the development of this aircraft, which the PAF CAS told me could be flying in 2015.
15-1024x493.jpg

A model of the two seat FC-1/JF-17 Thunder could be seen at the CATIC Stand. The Chinese company has designed the trainer, which could fly as early as 2015, to assist with the JF-17 export drive.

Wg Cdr Ronald, the 16 Squadron CO, made his last appearance as the Thunder Display pilot at the event on Wednesday November 20, as Sqn Ldr Yaser Mudassar, who has been flying the JF-17 for three years, is now taking over the reigns. I was fortunate to be with both men when they carried out their practice performances in the two jets on the evening of September 16 in perfect conditions.

Sqn Ldr Yaser made his international public debut at the show on September 19 after it was put back from the previous day due to a sandstorm and was expected to perform again on the last day but that was cancelled due to bad weather! It wasn’t too surprising that the PAF Chief, Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, was present for the first two days, to have meetings and discussions with several companies including Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) led by Executive VP, Li Yuhai. AVIC is responsible for the supply of major systems and parts to Pakistan. The CATIC Chairman, Ma Zhiping, was also expected to be present but was called away at the last moment.

The PAF delegation included Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan, the PAC Kamra Chairman and Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Javaid Ahmed, Chief Project Director for JF-17 programme. Both men were extremely busy talking to several international companies about collaborations. PAC Kamra also brought along two Super Mushshaks with newly upgraded cockpits, one participated in the flying display and the other in static.

Dear All,

I am currently living near Cologne Germany, doing my PhD. I want to go for the Paris air show on the next weekend. The only damn thing is that i have applied for the US visa (going to a conference in early July) and US embassy has my passport. I hope to get my passport back somewhere during the next week. But you know Uncle Sam, i mean you never know :).

But sure, i really wish to go to the airshow, get some nice pics (watermark them :) ) and meet with the PAF personell.

So i am fingers crossed and to you Uncle Sam, please donot screw me up and give me back what is lawfully mine:p:.

//BR//AGM65D

You should email or ask them if they will let you have your passport for a week. I think US allows that. They don't need your passport for approving a visa. They need your passport only after the visa has been approved and hence now they have to stamp the sticker on your passport.
So ask them by email or phone...

Why is 13-143 with Black Spiders? didn't they get their 25 or so first.....so all those after 125 should be with black panthers?
Which squadron has the 8 SBP aircraft?
@Windjammer @Oscar

You should email or ask them if they will let you have your passport for a week. I think US allows that. They don't need your passport for approving a visa. They need your passport only after the visa has been approved and hence now they have to stamp the sticker on your passport.

Why is 13-143 with Black Spiders? didn't they get their 25 or so first.....so all those after 125 should be with black panthers?
@Windjammer @Oscar

To compensate the aircrafts of CCS, 13-143 was assigned to Black spiders.

@Windjammer @Oscar
Thanks a lot for the reply. Actually the decision regarding my case has already been made, hence they asked for my passport (to stamp it). It has already been a week now since i sent it to the embassy. So i am quite optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom