What's new

Thunders to participate in Paris airshow 2015 June.

Where did the 8 SBP ones go? because initially they were with PAC

Still with T&E. Since two aircrafts of Black spiders are in china 10-115 and another one, plus 2-3 given to CCS. It was imperative stock would be replenshied with latest JF-17

Thanks a lot for the reply. Actually the decision regarding my case has already been made, hence they asked for my passport (to stamp it). It has already been a week now since i sent it to the embassy. So i am quite optimistic.

Send them a nice email, like 'Dear Sir/Madame'.....
And then tell them you want to visit Paris for the airshow and you would appreciate if they could tell you exactly when the passport is ready. You still have time...until next weekend......i think Paris Airshow is open for public only on 19th,20th and 21. So you grab your passport and then fly or take train to Paris.....that's the easy part. You can leave by Saturday even, on the 20th and still make it to the show. So relax....if they have issued the visa, then good chance they'll return your passport in 4-5 working days....... i mean, your passport is not made of diamonds and gold that they would want to nick it.....or is it?

Still with T&E. Since two aircrafts of Black spiders are in china 10-115 and another one, plus 2-3 given to CCS. It was imperative stock would be replenshied with latest JF-17

well, technically 50 aircraft produced so 25 aircraft can be given to each squadron....but 50 includes the 8 SBP ones, meaning 42 aircraft or 21 per squadron.....that is still 3 aircraft excess and above the normal squadron strength in PAF of a standard 18 aircraft squadron (F-16s for e.g).....so they can dispatch some to China and CCS and still have the full strength. So that is why they kept only 2 squadrons from the first blk 1 production, instead of squeezing 3 full equal units.

Anyway, was the 149 or so that crashed, replaced? Because PAC was still producing blk 1.....so it seemed imperative they build one more.

Send them a nice email, like 'Dear Sir/Madame'.....
And then tell them you want to visit Paris for the airshow and you would appreciate if they could tell you exactly when the passport is ready. You still have time...until next weekend......i think Paris Airshow is open for public only on 19th,20th and 21. So you grab your passport and then fly or take train to Paris.....that's the easy part. You can leave by Saturday even, on the 20th and still make it to the show. So relax....if they have issued the visa, then good chance they'll return your passport in 4-5 working days....... i mean, your passport is not made of diamonds and gold that they would want to nick it.....or is it?
Hahaaa.
Will write to them in the morning. I plan to leave for Paris on Saturday morning. I hope that i do not miss the JF-17's aerial demonstration.

11402831_1014168251941802_1159108070717610826_o.jpg
TOM CRUISE IN PAF.:pakistan::pakistan:

Now that i have more than 5 posts on the forum, how can i create a new discussion thread.
And i have not found a way to send private messages. Can you kindly help me here.

When is JF-17s performance, BTW?
So i contacted this guy (Gp.Cpt/Wng.Cmdr. ? ) mentioned in the PAF's subsection of the Paris Airshow website. I guess the gentleman's name was Ahsan Rafiq. He was transiting through Dubai at that time. He wrote to me that once he get to Paris he would let me know about the timings.

Last edited:
Now that i have more than 5 posts on the forum, how can i create a new discussion thread.
And i have not found the way to send the private messages. Can you kindly help me here.

So i contacted this guy (Gp.Cpt/Wng.Cmdr. ? ) mentioned on the PAF's subsection of the Paris Airshow website. I guess the gentleman's name was Ahsan Rafiq. He was transiting through Dubai and he wrote to me that once he got to Paris he would let me know about the timings.

I am not sure how many posts you need to post a thread?
@Horus @Jungibaaz @waz can you help this gentleman here?

You cannot send private messages, only conversations. Private message is only b/w think tank members and the Mods/Admins.

What's your background like? Introduce yourself on the members introduction page.

I am not sure how many posts you need to post a thread?
@Horus @Jungibaaz @waz can you help this gentleman here?

You cannot send private messages, only conversations. Private message is only b/w think tank members and the Mods/Admins.

What's your background like? Introduce yourself on the members introduction page.

I think that member intro section is closed for any new postings.

please arm them with some dummy weapons this time for the flight demonstration. tired to seeing the toothless display, it wont be as effective as seeing a thunder equipped with SD-10 BVRAAM and WVR missiles. targeting pod or some other gadgets. I understand that effects the maneuverability but these planes are supposed to carry these weapons and do the job so better equip these with the weapons (dummy) for the flight show, the static display can then showcase the WHOLE RANGE.

Back
Top Bottom