What's new

Three more Pantsirs were destroyed by Turkish drones in Libya within 24h

Then we can say, it has no engine or thrust.

They are UMTAS and Cirit derivatives that have no engine and quite honestly; the potential energy from plane's altitude is enough for them. That doesn't mean they are unguided though. If they were unguided, we wouldn't see those hits being that pinpoint accurate.

They are UMTAS and Cirit derivatives that have no engine and quite honestly; the potential energy from plane's altitude is enough for them. That doesn't mean they are unguided though. If they were unguided, we wouldn't see those hits being that pinpoint accurate.
Our CM explained it here...(I wasn't saying otherwise to our Iranian friend)
MAM-L is a laser-guided free-fall bomb, mate... it is not that sophisticated of a weapon. They are making an improved version of MAM-L with a 14km range, it is still free-fall (no motor) bomb with just improved guidance package.

A free fall bomb means it's just using gravity, no thrust from an engine be it a rocket or jet engine...

A free fall bomb can be guided or non guided. For example MK series bombs are non-guided. You put some kits and for example make LGK series which makes it guided.

If you put an engine to it and if it's still still unguided it's a rocket. For example, Katyusha rockets.

If you put an engine and a guidance system. Then it's a missile.

Last edited:
^^Ah I totally missed that. We can say that their sophistication come from their guidance I guess.

The problem with these munition is not their guidance or their propulsion (or lack thereof) They don't carry enough explosives, making them unusable against many armoured targets.

^^Ah I totally missed that. We can say that their sophistication come from their guidance I guess.

The problem with these munition is not their guidance or their propulsion (or lack thereof) They don't carry enough explosives, making them unusable against many armoured targets.
Are we talking about MAM-L?

We used them against armored vehicles in Idlip operation.

Yea I know. They might be effective for older generations but I doubt they can penetrate into any modern armour.
Tanks are generally very vulnerable to top attacks(No Armour on the top of the turret). Wish we had footage of the aftermath.

LNA is the desperate side and the Gulf money is being wasted like a paper thanks to the activities of Turkish drones in recent days so they need a strong self-motivation by composing imaginary “shot down drone” news. It is true that A drone were shot down in Tarhuna yesterday but It was their own drones called Wing Loong-2. From the beggining, If you had a chance to collect all claims LNA spreaded, You would have reached a number more than 60 until now. They are going crazy at each passing days because these drones make them a belly dancer on the battlefield.

Tanks are generally very vulnerable to top attacks(No Armour on the top of the turret). Wish we had footage of the aftermath.
Honestly i question the future of tanks in the battlefield, there are just too many counter measures against thanks and they are practically defenceless against airborne threats.

Also their use in battlefield gets narrower with the rise of asymmetrical warfare, there are other systems doing the same job from a safe distance.
The only use i see is protection for ground troops if its really necessary to deploy them and even then there are more agile and faster troop transporters.
I guess having thousands of tanks in inventory wont make sense in the future.

LNA is the desperate side and the Gulf money is being wasted like a paper thanks to the activities of Turkish drones in recent days so they need a strong self-motivation by composing imaginary “shot down drone” news. It is true that A drone were shot down in Tarhuna yesterday but It was their own drones called Wing Loong-2. From the beggining, If you had a chance to collect all claims LNA spreaded, You would have reached a number more than 60 until now. They are going crazy at each passing days because these drones make them a belly dancer on the battlefield.

They say they shot down 30 drones but had to carry the same drone over and over again to different places to stage photos for 5 of them. For 25 they still have no footage of the drone being shot down or any pictures of its wreckage. Also those who crashed didn't have any burn marks that missiles would leave behind and were still intact which shows it was more likely a engine failure or pilot mistake by the GNA rather than the LNA shooting them down.

The only thing real here is the burning arse of a couple trolls who can't accept the reality on the ground.

Last edited:
MAM-L is a laser-guided free-fall bomb, mate... it is not that sophisticated of a weapon. They are making an improved version of MAM-L with a 14km range, it is still free-fall (no motor) bomb with just improved guidance package.
No motor is different from free fall . free fall is mk-82 but when you guide it it no longer a free fall bomb.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unguided_bomb

A free fall bomb means it's just using gravity, no thrust from an engine be it a rocket or jet engine...

A free fall bomb can be guided or non guided. For example MK series bombs are non-guided. You put some kits and for example make LGK series which makes it guided.

If you put an engine to it and if it's still still unguided it's a rocket. For example, Katyusha rockets.

If you put an engine and a guidance system. Then it's a missile
Lol. Your definition of bombs make my day and then you go and insult me on this matter . please search google for free fall bomb or iron bomb or dumb bomb . all of them are the same and you see how wrong are you on this matter.

Lol. Your definition of bombs make my day and then you go and insult me on this matter . please search google for free fall bomb or iron bomb or dumb bomb . all of them are the same and you see how wrong are you on this matter.
Okay, i'm wrong, you are right, okay? Let's close this matter.

Honestly i question the future of tanks in the battlefield, there are just too many counter measures against thanks and they are practically defenceless against airborne threats.

Also their use in battlefield gets narrower with the rise of asymmetrical warfare, there are other systems doing the same job from a safe distance.
The only use i see is protection for ground troops if its really necessary to deploy them and even then there are more agile and faster troop transporters.
I guess having thousands of tanks in inventory wont make sense in the future.
Rather have thousands of UAVs of all sorts...

Merhum Ecevit used to make fun of Rahmetli Erbakan because while they were coalition partners during the Cyprus Peace Ops, the Hoca said in a public meeting Turkey will produce hundreds and thousands of fighter jets!!! Guess what?? His hayal is getting materialized...

Rather have thousands of UAVs of all sorts...

Merhum Ecevit used to make fun of Rahmetli Erbakan because while they were coalition partners during the Cyprus Peace Ops, the Hoca said in a public meeting Turkey will produce hundreds and thousands of fighter jets!!! Guess what?? His hayal is getting materialized...
Can you please stop dragging Ecevits name throught dirt every time?
There is no proof that the story you told is even true.

Back
Top Bottom