What's new

Thousands Of Cops Deployed To Quell Public Anger In China's Locked Down Xi'an Amid Widespread Food Shortages

Indians here bringing up events from 60-70 years ago as if it’ll own China in the present got me laughing. At least they solved the problem, look at your own country lmao. Literally the most insecure bunch of people I’ve ever seen.

All talk, no action.

Ah. The other day Indian govt was telling Chinese government that China is a developed country however PDF indian warriors are concerned that people in China are dying of food shortage. Wow
Hippocaracy ki bhi koi seema nai hotiii mitrrrrunn!!!

I'm going by your source:

Great Leap Forward lasted from 1958 to 1962. Using the year before and year after that period to establish a baseline, we can safely conclude normal deaths were 7.1 million per year.

1958 - 0.95 million extra deaths
1959 - 2.55 million extra deaths
1960 - 9.64 million extra deaths
1961 - 2.54 million extra deaths
1962 - 0.13 fewer deaths
Total - 15.55 million abnormal deaths above baseline

Let's just be loose with number and say a few million more perished to make it 20 million. It's certainly a human tragedy and one of the biggest fuckups by Mao, but nowhere near 45 million these cow piss drinking Hindus are speaking of.

View attachment 806477
I am glad that you actually looked into available data. :)

Maybe we should learn from Indians on how to contain covid

微信图片_20201205040344.png

There is no food shortage in Xi'an. Unlike India, China is not short of food. In the global hunger index, China ranks first with 18 countries, and is a completely hunger free country.
Oh come on give frustrated pajeet a little boner after all after ladakh tragedy he finally found something against china to soothe his nerves .

Maybe we should learn from Indians on how to contain covid

View attachment 806621
That would be complete circle since Indian police trying to emulate Chengguan unsuccessfully

Toiling in Shanghai's Shadows

Migrants have little access to public services enjoyed by legal residents, and are frequently subject to harassment from local law enforcement authorities, particularly the para-police known as chengguan or "urban management officers" who carry out crackdowns on unlicensed street vendors. Chengguan officers have been involved in several high-profile acts of violence against migrants in cities throughout China, including the July 2013 beating death of a watermelon vendor in Hunan Province. In Shanghai in 2009, an unlicensed street vendor was beaten and paralyzed by chengguan officers
1641571588757.png

You conveniently omitted the timestamp on this document, which was published in 2006 based on 2005 data. China has come a LONG way since then. In addition, let me quote the rest of the paragraph since you just quoted the first two sentences.

"It is important to note that since 1990, China has been held up as a success in increasing the scale of low-cost housing schemes, thus preventing slums before they even form. Despite such measures, the country suffers from high levels of slum prevalence. There could be two reasons for this, other than the fact that the total population of China constitutes one fifth of the world’s population. One is the need for a lapse in time for slum prevention policies to have an impact on the ground. The other could be the mismatch between UN-HABITAT and national defini- tions of what constitutes a slum. While UN-HABITAT considers the de facto status of dwellings in the cities of China, irrespective of their legal status, national authorities do not consider people who live outside the de jure residential area or those who do not possess residency permits as bona fide residents of a city."

You conveniently omitted the timestamp on this document, which was published in 2006 based on 2005 data. China has come a LONG way since then. In addition, let me quote the rest of the paragraph since you just quoted the first two sentences.

"It is important to note that since 1990, China has been held up as a success in increasing the scale of low-cost housing schemes, thus preventing slums before they even form. Despite such measures, the country suffers from high levels of slum prevalence. There could be two reasons for this, other than the fact that the total population of China constitutes one fifth of the world’s population. One is the need for a lapse in time for slum prevention policies to have an impact on the ground. The other could be the mismatch between UN-HABITAT and national defini- tions of what constitutes a slum. While UN-HABITAT considers the de facto status of dwellings in the cities of China, irrespective of their legal status, national authorities do not consider people who live outside the de jure residential area or those who do not possess residency permits as bona fide residents of a city."
China undoubtedly done a great job in reducing slum population

But it is victim of its own success in this regard, China will have the largest slum population in the world for coming few decades because it has the high urbanization rate and largest urban population in the world in terms of numbers

Also, interestingly, in "SLUM ALMANAC 2015 2016" published by the same organization, they only mentioned the word "China" once while just bundling it with other developing countries. I guess they had lost their interests of "Tracking Improvement in the Lives of Slum Dwellers" in China by then.

But it is victim of its own success in this regard, China will have the largest slum population in the world for coming few decades because it has the high urbanization rate and largest urban population in the world in terms of numbers
If you can truly see the future, I strongly recommend you borrow heavily and speculate in the stock market.

This youtube channel includs numerous Chinese cities of different tiers, try to find a single homeless person or a slum area in them

Back
Top Bottom