What's new

This Pakistan Film can give challange to Hollywood if produced

Oh......and i compared your work with the Turkish film which had the biggest budget in the entire Turkey's filming industry history. :lol:

Your point taken. Then i'm gonna say, it looks promising. :agree:

I think, you would know how Turks are good fighters. :bunny::bunny::bunny:
But not one guy can take and army

Iskander beg,vlad,and john hunyadi would disgree

looks promising, i like the concept. need to contact ISPR (Brig Salahuddin) they might be able to fund and support this project.

Another incident that I would love to see on the big screen would be the "Battle of Hilli" 71.

Or Chawinda!

Hello,

This is my project.

The "teaser" I made was shot with no funding. Just myself and friends with a lot of passion and hard work.

Our whole pitch is: "if we could manage this without any funding or professional actors, imagine what we can do if funded."

Pls have a look at www.SaladinFilm.com for our vision.

Good luck bro. Would definitely go to the cinemas to watch this.

lol brother .....
ap kuch zayda hi jazbati ho gaya ....
brother I love to watch period films and period dramas ..... I have almost seen all of the period films, seasons , dramas from every era and civilization possible ....
they go into so much detail .... From the exact same clothes of that era to the exact same hair styles to the exact same sets .....
they don't work on whatever is available ....they make proper sets , they make proper clothes , actors are taught proper agents and fashions of that time....they give proper attention to makeup and all....
look what we do when we make period dramas like mor Mahal.... We are not ready to make special sets.... We buy off the shelf clothes ....actors don't know how people act and behave in that era ...actors die without makeup etc etc...

this video is made on saladin... Yet shot in a golf course and badshahi Mahal ....
now tell me how they from Arab countries have a very subcontinent indo pak architecture .....the great palaces of that era , the Christian crusaders , there gilded palaces and architectures .... We simply do not have money or talent even to try that yet ....

in all period so much focus has been given in set detail, yet in this video they have used darkness to conceal details
..... Just like when in GOT their budget for filming battle is less in season 2
so they filmed at night to conceal much details .....but you cannot shoot whole drama like that ....
and our palaces such as shahi
Qila and badshahi mosque are in such bad conditions that it looks good to shoot as a great background from outside but if you go for details you only find ruins ....
unlike British period drama where they have each and every castle in exact same perfect condition...
In its prime every corner amd niche of the castle is adorned and decorated, but this empty castle doesn't look much good....

anyway subcontinent is always bad in making period films.....
we have to go a long way....this is indeed very very ordinary video... You would find 100 times better videos from film school students....

Last edited:
Pakistani film industry is rejuvenating but I seriously hope that rather than going for all romance kind of movies they also touch upon diverse topics and this very venture one such one. Good Luck to the team.

There is one movie that I personally want Pakistan to make and put all resources in it, even at state level, the cinematic depection similar that of 300 sparta, and put the history records straight once and for all, when our ancestors, very few of them, in the area between Jehlum and chanab, lead by 7 foot tall Porus, not only halted the mighty Greek army of Alexander but chop them into submission. There are hardly few examples in history where few humbled the super power of time on the battlefield. Hollywood has always portrayed their western heros as invincible. But here in the battle of Hydespas, their poster boy Alexander "the great" got his arse kicked. I would pay and watch 7 foot tall ancient Pakistani Porus and his men working their way through the lines of Greeks, the ethinians, the spartans and making mince meat out of them.

Trailer looks epic.

I am a movie buff, but I have never seen a movie from Pakistan or saw a Pakistani DVD movie for sale..If you can give me some title, I'll be more than happy to look for them and to learn a little bit about the Pakistani cinema.

I am a movie buff, but I have never seen a movie from Pakistan or saw a Pakistani DVD movie for sale..If you can give me some title, I'll be more than happy to look for them and to learn a little bit about the Pakistani cinema.
My fav was this one

u can watch it on youtube with english subs.
Reluctant fundamentalist -- based on a Pak novel - made in US-- Pak actors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejxfDqK-kZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUi9ARy_b2w
others like Bol

Moor

Dukhtar

Shah (true story) worth watching

Im personally waiting for this

Waar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMwk622BUbg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPtsidpt5rI

most of them are on youtube

One more Pakistani Con-Artist!!!!!!
Azzhole .. the producer is @R Wing

Looks good but I hope it's historically accurate.

The scene with the tents, and the horse riding took place on grass that looks like it has bee maintained and trimmed. Also the forest in the background also looks like its also been controlled and maintained which of course would not have happened until at least the Victorian era.

Also lighting needs to be improved since the scenes taking place at night have a very bright white source of light (brighter than the burning torches next to them), otherwise it looks fantastic especially the gloomy atmosphere in the commanders tent. It still needs to be refined though and luckily there are plenty of resources out there on the internet giving in depth tutorials on the subtleties of editing, lighting, composition, and camerawork, so I hope the director utilizes these to make his film even better.

Kingdom of Heaven in my opinion is a good benchmark for a Saladin film and although it has some glaring issues, it still is fantastically written and directed.

Your points are well taken!

This was shot over a weekend in Lahore just to prove to some interested producers of our passion! It was made with no money except some savings and friends being used as actors!

The horse riding scenes are in Lahore Polo Club. The interested parties wanted to see something very quickly so the horse costumes (which are horribly made) were stitched within one day by the guys there who make robes for the horses!

We didn't have the money left over to get professional color-grading done, which would have muted the bright white light to mimic moonlight better (scenes are always shot with more light so digital camera sensors pick up more of the image and less "noise," and then graded to look darker while maintaining the rich character of the scene). I've worked under some top directors abroad so don't worry about the quality of the final piece!

We are raising money not for a film --- but just for a proper trailer. That trailer will have the look we have outlined on our website (through concept art, storyboards, etc.): www.SaladinFilm.com.

Kingdom of Heaven is our ultimate reference!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=73&v=t2udKjt98zY

@Side-Winder @Moonlight @Zibago @Windjammer

Imagine a team of people who have worked in movies, in Hollywood, like War for The Planet of the Apes, Tron: Legacy, X-Men: First Class, Guardians of the Galaxy, Sherlock Holmes, Pirates of the Caribbean, Batman V Superman and Captain America: The Winter Soldiers AND Game of Thrones all getting together to work on a project helmed by a Pakistani. Yepp, it’s happening!

Umar Agha, a film graduate from Columbia University, saw the 9/11 aftermath unfold in front of his own eyes.

Sick of the extremism that everyone associates with Islam, he decided to research about the history of his faith which led him to discover the legend that is Saladin (Salah ad-Din Yusuf ibn Ayyub).

He was overwhelmed by how Saladin rose above all the hate and violence prevalent during his time. Umar decided that instead of going to producers in Hollywood, with his idea, he would come to Pakistan and shoot in Lahore.

The scale at which this movie is being made is insane and unlike anything ever been made in Pakistan, before.
Battles, animation, and an epic story line, Agha is giving even the biggest filmmakers a run for their money. But he’s in need of funds to actually bring the project to completion.

He has shot a teaser without any funding, and is now looking for some serious funding to create a proper proof-of- concept trailer to pitch to interested Hollywood producers.

Sir, thank you for the thread! Can you pls add our website (www.SaladinFilm.com) to the top of the post, as that has lots of cool concept art and our vision for this project. This teaser video was just a test shoot essentially, but it turned out nice enough (given that we had no funding to make it) to share online. We are raising money for a proper trailer... that will blow you away!

lol brother .....
ap kuch zayda hi jazbati ho gaya ....
brother I love to watch period films and period dramas ..... I have almost seen all of the period films, seasons , dramas from every era and civilization possible ....
they go into so much detail .... From the exact same clothes of that era to the exact same hair styles to the exact same sets .....
they don't work on whatever is available ....they make proper sets , they make proper clothes , actors are taught proper agents and fashions of that time....they give proper attention to makeup and all....
look what we do when we make period dramas like mor Mahal.... We are not ready to make special sets.... We buy off the shelf clothes ....actors don't know how people act and behave in that era ...actors die without makeup etc etc...

this video is made on saladin... Yet shot in a golf course and badshahi Mahal ....
now tell me how they from Arab countries have a very subcontinent indo pak architecture .....the great palaces of that era , the Christian crusaders , there gilded palaces and architectures .... We simply do not have money or talent even to try that yet ....

in all period so much focus has been given in set detail, yet in this video they have used darkness to conceal details
..... Just like when in GOT their budget for filming battle is less in season 2
so they filmed at night to conceal much details .....but you cannot shoot whole drama like that ....
and our palaces such as shahi
Qila and badshahi mosque are in such bad conditions that it looks good to shoot as a great background from outside but if you go for details you only find ruins ....
unlike British period drama where they have each and every castle in exact same perfect condition...
In its prime every corner amd niche of the castle is adorned and decorated, but this empty castle doesn't look much good....

anyway subcontinent is always bad in making period films.....
we have to go a long way....this is indeed very very ordinary video... You would find 100 times better videos from film school students....

Wow, that's harsh.

1.) This is not the finished product. This is a video shot over a weekend just to build interest and get people talking. We didn't even have money for actors --- I just used family and friends and there are three different guys playing Saladin within that video! We are raising money to create a proper trailer, working with some incredibly talented people from Hollywood who were interested in contributing because of the power of the story.

2.) If you head to www.SaladinFilm.com, you'll get an idea of our vision. That is what the final product will look like when we have the benefit of funds, a VFX team, etc.

3.) Pls share the 100x better videos you are referring to. I would love to add such talented students to my team :)

Your points are well taken!

This was shot over a weekend in Lahore just to prove to some interested producers of our passion! It was made with no money except some savings and friends being used as actors!

The horse riding scenes are in Lahore Polo Club. The interested parties wanted to see something very quickly so the horse costumes (which are horribly made) were stitched within one day by the guys there who make robes for the horses!

We didn't have the money left over to get professional color-grading done, which would have muted the bright white light to mimic moonlight better (scenes are always shot with more light so digital camera sensors pick up more of the image and less "noise," and then graded to look darker while maintaining the rich character of the scene). I've worked under some top directors abroad so don't worry about the quality of the final piece!

We are raising money not for a film --- but just for a proper trailer. That trailer will have the look we have outlined on our website (through concept art, storyboards, etc.): www.SaladinFilm.com.

Kingdom of Heaven is our ultimate reference!

Sir, thank you for the thread! Can you pls add our website (www.SaladinFilm.com) to the top of the post, as that has lots of cool concept art and our vision for this project. This teaser video was just a test shoot essentially, but it turned out nice enough (given that we had no funding to make it) to share online. We are raising money for a proper trailer... that will blow you away!

Oh, in that case sorry if I was a bit harsh, and I'll say you've done a fantastic job with such limited resources.

I hope you do get some funding and make a great movie. :enjoy:

Its a good idea for Pakistani film makers to make movies on historical leaders of the Muslim world including Saladin.

But they also need to make sure the quality of the movie amd the cameras used a top notch. They should look really nice HD or whatever but nothing like we used to make before...

Wow, that's harsh.

1.) This is not the finished product. This is a video shot over a weekend just to build interest and get people talking. We didn't even have money for actors --- I just used family and friends and there are three different guys playing Saladin within that video! We are raising money to create a proper trailer, working with some incredibly talented people from Hollywood who were interested in contributing because of the power of the story.

2.) If you head to www.SaladinFilm.com, you'll get an idea of our vision. That is what the final product will look like when we have the benefit of funds, a VFX team, etc.

3.) Pls share the 100x better videos you are referring to. I would love to add such talented students to my team :)
i am sorry for being rude ...
I am a period drama nerd ....and pained me to see nothing nothing of class on local television ....
look at mor Mahal ... This is the latest production from a good director and full of huge funding and resources ... But look what mess they have made ....
nakal ke lyin bhi aqal Ki zarorat hoti Hai ....they failed miserably , story ,dress, dialog's , accents ,props jewellery ....they failed miserably despite having a huge Budget ...
they shot whole serial in modern day havali ....
nobody even here has made good dramas on Pakistan's creation.... The British raj etc etc... Even they attempt any such thing , they take indroon Lahore and bring out old dresses of chachi mami and shot the drama without knowing the historical fashions and themes and things ....
I would certainly be very happy , if someone make a good period drama .i would be the first one to see but it should prove it quality ....
kingdom of heaven is a beautiful film...the director had worked with magic on screen ....there is an extended edition too.... Each shot was just out of this place.... The palaces and gardens used are Spanish Muslim castles and so well preserved with their well manecured gardens of the time ...dresses , acting , direction everything oozes class...
I wish you would be successful...
one advice , copy the idea or concept not the film .... Be a perfectionist...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom